US Vape Mail Ban - USPS/FedEx/UPS/DHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
If any of PapawBrett's former recipients miss the results of his labors they might want to try the NET liquids from Black Note. Pretty realistic and very good tasting, their liquids are what stopped me from trying to make my own.

Right now and until Monday they have a sale on their deep, dark and most serious flavor, Latakia. It's their only product that is a bit "dirty," meaning that it will clog your coil a little but at the suggestion of their sales manager I use it sparingly with their other flavors and those of other manufacturers. Used in this way I'm really happy to have it as a resource.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
While I've been involved since the beginning of vaping and at one time created my own liquids and gave them to friends and strangers trying to quit smoking, the density of my experience in recent years is not great. Still... I can't imagine the post office spending more than zero energy tracking down tobacco products. This isn't marijuana in the 60s.

With diminished budget and personnel, the post office has so much trouble just getting letters and small packages to the proper recipients that I can't imagine them spending any time doing anything else. Can you really picture them pulling your 4 oz package off the line and sending your two or three little bottles of liquid to a lab?

As I related in another thread ;
This autumn my wife (Mamaw) was summoned to the Federal Courthouse in Charlotte, NC for Jury Selection. She was dismissed.
While she was there, she observed two defendants, one male and one female.
The Prosecutor had Postal Inspectors, ATF, DEA and the NC State Police on hand.
Now the defendants may have been involved in mailing something a little more serious than e-liquids. But that show of Gub'ment Intervention for the postal service definitely caught my attention.
Make of it what you will.

Last edited:

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
United States
I was sending my family liquids/vape stuff in the mail. I thought about sending something this past few months but its time to let go. I'll send some cash for local purchase if they need anything. My obligation is over and I have enough flavorings (sweet stuff) to last a life time. Of course, I'll have to order some tobacco flavorings.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Have a question, anyone ordering vapes/liquids from China for the last few weeks got em delivered? If yes, with USPS or other service?
Not from China but geographically close. I received an order from Malaysia (vape gear). Shipped via FedEx, delivered in 3 days. Zero issues. No customs fees. Declared as "parts".

The label had it coming from a private citizen even though it was from a company. Same as what vape gear manufacturers have been doing from Europe and other parts of the world for quite some time.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Have a question, anyone ordering vapes/liquids from China for the last few weeks got em delivered? If yes, with USPS or other service?

Yes both Heathcabin and Fasttech has been fast and arrives in about 3 weeks. I haven't ordered liquids though from China since 2014.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Hi everyone! Who has any idea what's going on here, why would you be able to ship these coils with USPS still?

https://www.eightvape.com/collections/quick-delivery-coils-by-usps

My best guesses...

1) Just BS, no basis.

2) They might have started a new entity apart from Magma Holdings (the company that owns eightvape) that has a new shipping account and are shipping these specific SKUs as non-vape gear. These may be test products and more may be added later.

3. As I understand it, Magma has many ecommerce ventures, some of which are non-vape-related, and may be shipping these SKUs under one of those shipping accounts.

The reason I know about Magma Holdings is because 2 times I received shipments from eightvape where the return address was the same as the eightvape warehouse address (3010 E Alexander Rd, Ste 1002, North Las Vegas, NV 89030) but showed business name as "Magma Holdings". So I researched it and found that is the mother company.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Hi everyone! Who has any idea what's going on here, why would you be able to ship these coils with USPS still?

No Clue.

Perhaps this Retailer is giving the Well Thought Out System under which we have to live under a Well Deserved One Finger Salute? And it is part of an Inventory wind down?

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Well they don't have many coils to sell! Nothing I want right now. Interesting..

28 SKUs. I'd say that's quite a bit given that eightvape was never known for having large selection of hardware. Many of those I recognize as rather popular, too. Eightvape never stocked many legacy SKUs like Nautilus or Evod coils. It's not their thing. They usually are known for stocking the "latest and greatest".

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Meet Me in St Louie Louie
    I can't imagine the post office spending more than zero energy tracking down tobacco products. This isn't marijuana in the 60s.

We worry about our material, yet, the truth is, folks might be quite surprised what passes thru the mail system without issue ..

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Possible bad news here.

As I stated about a week or 2 ago, I placed a small order with a not-so-popular Chinese vape retailer of obscure items who (at least in the past) always declares shipments as "electronic cigarette/vaporizer", but I never had a problem (my last order before this was in 2019).

Jan 14, 17track showed that my package was processed through US Customs ("ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS), Processed Through Facility")

OK cool. Then it went to Jamaica NY Distro as usual. But then after that tracking changed to "Arriving Late" with no estimated delivery date. I thought "no biggie" as I have had this happen before with both domestic and China shipments. USPS gets bogged down.

But today I checked tracking on 17track again and I see "境外进口取消" which translates to "Cancellation of overseas imports". Being that this is in the Chinese portion of the tracking at the bottom, I take this to mean it's being sent back to China or destroyed, but not by US Customs, rather by USPS.

I have reached out to the retailer for some insight into this as I have never seen that on tracking info before. I don't know if the retailer claimed as "electronic cigarette/vaporizer" as they always have in the past, but I'm guessing they likely did.

Will keep you posted until I get thrown in the slammer. If they even allow any internet access in prisons, my guess is ECF will be blocked like it is with hospital Wifi. So if I stop posting here in the future, you'll know why.

pYmx24E.png

Last edited:

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Possible bad news here.

As I stated about a week or 2 ago, I placed a small order with a not-so-popular Chinese vape retailer of obscure items who (at least in the past) always declares shipments as "electronic cigarette/vaporizer", but I never had a problem (my last order before this was in 2019).

Jan 14, 17track showed that my package was processed through US Customs ("ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS), Processed Through Facility")

OK cool. Then it went to Jamaica NY Distro as usual. But then after that tracking changed to "Arriving Late" with no estimated delivery date. I thought "no biggie" as I have had this happen before with both domestic and China shipments. USPS gets bogged down.

But today I checked tracking on 17track again and I see "境外进口取消" which translates to "Cancellation of overseas imports". Being that this is in the Chinese portion of the tracking at the bottom, I take this to mean it's being sent back to China or destroyed, but not by US Customs, rather by USPS.

I have reached out to the retailer for some insight into this as I have never seen that on tracking info before. I don't know if the retailer claimed as "electronic cigarette/vaporizer" as they always have in the past, but I'm guessing they likely did.

Will keep you posted until I get thrown in the slammer. If they even allow any internet access in prisons, my guess is ECF will be blocked like it is with hospital Wifi. So if I stop posting here in the future, you'll know why.

pYmx24E.png

Which vendor is this?

• Useful
    Reactions: BillW50

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US

17track has a small check box (bottom right) if you want the English translation of the list.

• Informative
    Reactions: rosesense

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Possible bad news here.

pYmx24E.png

Since it got Stateside, and it went thru ICS, what does the USPS Tracking say is going on?

Or does your computer do weird, glitchy, Deja Vu/Matrix like stuff when you go to the USPS Website?

• Useful
    Reactions: BillW50
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread