Using an Aerolatte milk frother to mix and expedite steeping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbirdb

Apr 12, 2015
Northern Virginia
I saw on a video someone using an Aerolatte style milk frothier to mix juice after making it. And I tried it. It does mix and incorporates air into mixes. It's more difficult on thicker juices. I've been using this method and find it really mixes well, rather than shaking the heck out of it and seems more effective to me. Then I leave the cap open to let the undesirable gases to leave the mix. Then, mix again, place in bottle, cap off and place in darkness for a week before I try it. What are your thoughts on this method? Am I 'airing' the nic out? What's the better alternative? Magnetic mixing? Any suggestions on where to buy one(magnetic mixer) and what specifically to search for? Or other mixing/steeping suggestions. Not really lookin to do the crockpot method, unless THAT'S the recommended method to mix and expedite steeping.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
A bit of heat seems to help the aging/blending process.

I throw my bottles of freshly shaken mix into a bowl of hot tap water and do not remove until the water is cool. A few days later they are fine. But then I mostly do single or 2 flavor fruit juices. the more complex flavors will be more difficult to age.

Reactions: dbirdb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread