V4L ecig burns me while in Pocket!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrenalynn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Sacramento, CA, USA Area
For those worried about a fire hazard, I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that I haven't been able to get one anywhere near hot enough to start fires.

The bad news is that I haven't been able to get one anywhere near hot enough to start fires. ;) And it's not for lack of trying. Even butane soaked cotton balls under shredded tissue in a lexan box with positive pressure pure oxygen environment. I'm not going to say it couldn't somehow happen (see where that got me last time!), but it'd be tough for sure.

To put it into perspective: The hottest I've gotten the device is 148.762 deg C (just under 300deg F). When you light a match you're looking at an open flame and 600 to 800 deg C, flick your bic and you're playing with 1975+ deg C, and a cigarette cooking along at 500-800 deg C.

In theory, 52deg C (125deg F) could scald skin, so it's plenty hot enough to scald, but I wouldn't start panicing about fire in my opinion

Cari

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
Beach Dreaming
>> even if we are both straight

I've thought a time or two that it'd be nice if I weren't. Eventually I'm going to run out of places to hide these bodies. Statistically, women are more compact. More per cubic-meter.

LMAO! You seriously make me wonder? OMG, are we "coming out"? :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread