V4L Family Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rappel_Welch

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
South Carolina
I got to take today off from work, so I slept all day. I cant wait for 13 days when I get to change my shift...not that I am counting or anything.l

Now I need to figure out what to make (or order) for dinner....that will consume the next 2-3 hours....of course while vaping and hanging out here :D

If we all make suggestions and offer recipes, then you can call it research. I like to justify my time here. Right now, for example, I should be working......I'm still trying to justify it by tying it into my position.
Baked chicken with scalloped potatos and green bean casserole. Sorry, I don't cook, so someone else will have to offer up a recipe. But it sounds good.

krashnash

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
Austin, TX
I'm hiding in my office with the door shut, working on a "very important project"... My boss thinks it will take me all day, I finished half of it in about 30 minutes, and I'm not inclined to let him know that he's wrong... Instead, I'm entertaining myself with forum-reading and vaping my after-dinner-mint (WOW Peppermint). I'll wander out in an hour or so looking harried and hand him a finished draft. I'd feel bad, but haven't even stopped for lunch in the last two weeks, nice to have a break.

Joyce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2010
West Virginia
The server is jumpy today,lol.

Anyone notice that the B club is getting pushy and kinda rude in the new members threads.One of them said "Oh well you ordered from V4L,well just so its not a total loss,you can use them to compare to us."WTH does that mean?Lets see,I can pay more,have less choices and have crappy customer service.OH YEAHHH!!Thats for me!!

Well, you know it's just that they want to be the "A" list. Meaning us, of course. ;)

Kanza

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2011
Wilmette, IL
Now for the fun part...reading and vaping and not worrying about:offtopic:or technical answers! Just hanging with my buds :)

Today is my husband's 64th birthday and he's enjoying this one so much more than 63...no clue why but happy for his good mood :p

Peppermint vape and a cup of coffee were intended for one another...and Otis Redding in the backgroud...sweet!

So much for my 15 minutes of relaxing...gotta go run errands :( But, will see y'all later tonight!

Oh, I was one of the winners in a contest in another forum here :) I have some juice coming and am quite anxious to try it!

Flowerlady-8898

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2010
North Carolina
Good afternoon, from North Carolina! It's raining here. Ugh!!! Slept too long today, after having a sleepless night. Been worried about my oldest son, who just graduated from college. He got his ex-girlfriend pregnant, she moved back to FL, and he hasn't gotten a job, yet, and now she's wanting child support. He's a good kid, but with the job market like it is, it's so hard to find a descent job anywhere. I just don't want him to end up going to jail, for non-payment of child support. He's trying, but there's nothing out there, that's hiring, unless he moves far away, from his family, which he may have to do. He majored in Business Marketing, and had a 3.1 GPA, was on the Dean's List the first 2 semesters while he was at UNC-W, and he graduated from his high school with honors. It's so hard being a parent, and knowing that there's nothing that you can do for your kids, these days.

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
I just got new terms of service from my ISP and they are capping my monthly usage at 150 GB, anything over is $10 per 50GB. I thought I'd switch to the only other alternative, Cable, but they now have a cap of only 40 GB per month. Canada is swimming in pay per use too. I dropped cable to watch netflix anytime I want, but the cap will limit me to 15 movies a month. Youtube, games, Skype, music, etc will count toward your usage cap. It's like paying for cable TV but only being allowed to watch a certain amount of shows.

"Government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations." :(

Mookelboo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2011
Beds, UK
Yuck Maxwell, that blows chunks. Cable companies are super-shady and content distributors are stuck in the 20th century. Here is winds up being cheaper to pay for things you don't use (IP Phone) and get a cable bundle deal than it is to pay for just what you need.

Ahh.... home. Wore a dress and tights today because the bigwigs were meant to be in the office and we were requested to be presentable-like. Froze my patootie off all day since I don't think it got past 50. Am now in fluffy socks, flannel and cardi and am beginning to thaw. Add to that my Magic Hat Wacko and a lovely vanilla vape and all is better with the world. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread