VAMO from vaporbreak.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone in the U.S. considering ordering a VAMO from VB might want to get one from Exhale instead. Use the coupon code VaporJoes11percent. The stainless is $3.00 extra.
ITS BACK: VAMO: $35.58
i wouldnt recommend that.
first, that price is for body only, no batteries, no charger.
second the crazy fee you will pay for postage.
third, with usps, its just as freaking slow as china mail. (for Canadians)
i dont see a deal there, i will stick with vb thankyou.

that vamo with a charger and 1 18650 bat with postage is 55 dollars.

Last edited:

Light Seeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Houston TX
Broke down today n ordered a Vb vamo kit w 2 18350 n charger and panasonics from fasttech. heres to hoping everything goes well with VB.Beleive i'll do a upgrade on charger in month or 2 just couldn't beat kit for $6 more.. :)

Exactly what I did, then bought a nitecore charger before the vamo arrived along with some AW 350's. The kit charger is good for a backup in the office, the batteries in the kit are fine for the protected vamo but I don't trust them in my mech mods.

Stephuhnator

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Moon, PA, USA
I'm using the Nitecore i4 charger with NCR18650B unprotected panasonic batteries mostly. The 18350's that came with the VB kit are charging and working well if I want it to be stealthy short. I haven't used the kit charger, kinda scared to. The Nitecore i4 stops charging when the batteries are done, I don't think the kit charger will do that. I may be wrong.

My SS VB Vamo is still working beautifully, I've had it almost 2 weeks now, I'm very satisfied and would order from vaporbreak again.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Can someone please clear the battery issue? I ordered the starter kit with battery and charger will these not work with the vamo?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

They will work, although you will want to upgrade the batteries and charger as soon as possible.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
I had ordered 2 Vamos from Vapor Break on Dec 28 2012, they shipped the 30th.. received them 9 days later (Customs on both ends...)
Both have been used and abused.. mine has been kicked, dropped and tossed and I have a cracked screen now from it all.. and still, Vaping like a champ

lulu836

Jambalya, crawfish pie, 'da filé gumbo
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Shreveport
I received a 510 to ego adapter today to use as a thread protector and it is ....-ugly. I have been using a shorty sleeve that works very well but I wanted to check out the 510-ego. The 510 adaapter makes the ProTank look like a cherry on a toothpick stuck in a flute....just ridiculous. I understand that the intended use of the adapter is to adapt T3s for use on the Vamo but that's just not worth the time and effort to keep changing it.

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
I received a 510 to ego adapter today to use as a thread protector and it is ....-ugly. I have been using a shorty sleeve that works very well but I wanted to check out the 510-ego. The 510 adaapter makes the ProTank look like a cherry on a toothpick stuck in a flute....just ridiculous. I understand that the intended use of the adapter is to adapt T3s for use on the Vamo but that's just not worth the time and effort to keep changing it.
You would be much better off not using the adapter with the Protank anyway...one knock on the ProTank could cause the insulator of the center pin in the Vamo to fail. That is less likely to happen if the base of the ProTank is closer to the top of the Vamo. I've already repaired one Vamo for a forum member who had damage to the insulator using an adapter. I would recommend only using the 510/eGo adapter when you need to.

lulu836

Jambalya, crawfish pie, 'da filé gumbo
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Shreveport
You would be much better off not using the adapter with the Protank anyway...one knock on the ProTank could cause the insulator of the center pin in the Vamo to fail. That is less likely to happen if the base of the ProTank is closer to the top of the Vamo. I've already repaired one Vamo for a forum member who had damage to the insulator using an adapter. I would recommend only using the 510/eGo adapter when you need to.

I agree. I've put the "beauty ring" back on the outside threads which holds the ProTank up a little higher than normal and gives some additional support.

VapRLady

ECF Veteran
I have had the vamo chrome kits for a month from VB, we have been using the batteries stacked and the charger that came with them. My Husbands charger died without incident this week so I ordered two new chargers and better batteries from Fasttech and two more Vamo stainless from VB.

We had no issues with the batteries or the charger, (other than his dying on him), the charger would shine red until fully charged, turn green and then I was careful to remove the batteries right away just in case. I never charged the batteries without supervising and set up the charger in an non flammable area to be safe. I plan on continuing these procedures when I get the new charger and batteries.

We thought the kit was a good set up for the price and the trustfire batteries, (18350's), hold a charge better than the batteries we purchased locally aftermarket.

Once I get the two new stainless Vamos I plan on stacking two 18650's as the manual shows and having the footlong rig for Vapestock. Can't wait to see how THAT vapes....

Sarje

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
Jeffreys Bay
More than 2 months since my order. VB were online yesterday and ignored my questions. Since I missed my deadline with PayPal, I reckon that's probably the last I see of my money.
You guys in the states are lucky - you've got a local vendor that supplies for nearly the same price. I know some of you have had good experiences with VB, but in my opinion, it's not workth the risk.

Discord

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
Just got my VAMO from VB, everything looks good, gonna use the nice box it came in to hold various odds and ends. I got the middle shipping option and it took 8 days from when ordered to get to me. works beautifully. slightly regretting getting the gunmetal, which I think looks great, but unfortunately doesn't match anything I have (or most things I've ever seen available). I suspect I'll get a j-wrap to avoid the fingerprint issues. really liking it best as a shorty, good size and weight for me.

Last edited:

Stephuhnator

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Moon, PA, USA
Just got my VAMO from VP, everything looks good, gonna use the nice box it came in to hold various odds and ends. I got the middle shipping option and it took 8 days from when ordered to get to me. works beautifully. slightly regretting getting the gunmetal, which I think looks great, but unfortunately doesn't match anything I have (or most things I've ever seen available). I suspect I'll get a j-wrap to avoid the fingerprint issues. really liking it best as a shorty, good size and weight for me.
That's good to hear. Vapor Skinz is having a 30% off sale if you wanna wrap it: Vapor Skinz

KC Jones

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
Rockwood, Tennessee, United States
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Acceptance
May 13, 2013, 12:42 pm
CHINA After a week. I fully expected something like this! But come on tell a fella en route to destination or something. LOL . I expect another week or 2-3 i'll get a out for delivery. Origin post prepared my shipment thrice that has got to be special. Just saw vapor jo post fasttech vamos v2 29.90. Damnit!

Last edited:

KC Jones

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
Rockwood, Tennessee, United States
I honestly don't think the issue is with VB. I really think its a combination of chinapost and customs. VB shipped mine the day after I ordered it and it took about 2 weeks to get to me. I love my vamo, its a beast!

Ordered may 11 my panasonic batterys fasttech same day as the VB vamo both standard shipping both acceptance on may 13. Fasttech order here tommorrow free shipping paid
$8.60 shipping VB. I'm not mad at them just myself for not waiting 3-4 day's when fasttech listed vamo my fault not theres. No biggie just fyi.Peace.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread