ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods

Phassat

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2014
Planet Earth
Just realize there is a thread for Vamo V5 owner.... This is my first VV/VW after I tried eleaf iKit. Still smoking but lesser.

Vamo V5 has been reliable for me. I bought mine in October and it was very good on my Aertank Mega.

I upgrade my tank to an Orchid and loving this atty so much. I also use Tobh Atty which is intense in flavor and airflow. The Aerotank mega is left untouched after I have both Orchid and Tobh Atty.... Too much gap in flavor and vapor...
The Vamo V5 can not keep up with both.... Vamo will only read 1.2 Ohm and above. Also wattage is not enough.... need 20-30 watts for my Orchid to be enjoyable.

I just wish that Vamo can read 0.5 ohm at the lowest resistance... Been looking at fasttech, they have 40W one but still reading 1 ohm only. I need 0.8 Ohm at least to enjoy the warm vape.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
Just realize there is a thread for Vamo V5 owner.... This is my first VV/VW after I tried eleaf iKit. Still smoking but lesser.

Vamo V5 has been reliable for me. I bought mine in October and it was very good on my Aertank Mega.

I upgrade my tank to an Orchid and loving this atty so much. I also use Tobh Atty which is intense in flavor and airflow. The Aerotank mega is left untouched after I have both Orchid and Tobh Atty.... Too much gap in flavor and vapor...
The Vamo V5 can not keep up with both.... Vamo will only read 1.2 Ohm and above. Also wattage is not enough.... need 20-30 watts for my Orchid to be enjoyable.

I just wish that Vamo can read 0.5 ohm at the lowest resistance... Been looking at fasttech, they have 40W one but still reading 1 ohm only. I need 0.8 Ohm at least to enjoy the warm vape.

I have the 40w v7 and the manual states it will fire down to 0.8 ohms, as does Kangside's website. Still a Kayfun user so havent tried to go that low, but got a Magma on the way so Ill be able to test it when it gets here..

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Thank you kindly. I was also searching and I found one on Ebay that is supposedly a KSD part. Authentic Vamo V5 Bottom Cap w Spring Part by KSD US Seller Fast SHIP | eBay
What's your thoughts on this one?

No experience at all with that seller on eBay, but if you're looking for a full cap and spring, Smoktek has those as well:

Replacement stainless cap for the Vamo APV - redesigned for proper fit in short mode. Includes new gold spring.

And cheaper - although I didn't look at the shipping for either site :)

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
So darn tired of going through Vamos. I am now on my fifth one. I have bought "original KSD's" and I have bought from Fasttech. I get maybe 2 months out of them. Yes I am hard on them and they get dropped from time to time but this seems excessive. Every time it is something different. Sometimes the buttons fall in. Sometimes the readings get crazy. Lastest one will not turn on at all today. Yesterday it was fine.
Anybody else have problems?
I just love mine so much and I favor it above my other gear (MVP, Mods and Isticks)

ninetailnaruto

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2013
USA
So darn tired of going through Vamos. I am now on my fifth one. I have bought "original KSD's" and I have bought from Fasttech. I get maybe 2 months out of them. Yes I am hard on them and they get dropped from time to time but this seems excessive. Every time it is something different. Sometimes the buttons fall in. Sometimes the readings get crazy. Lastest one will not turn on at all today. Yesterday it was fine.
I just love mine so much and I favor it above my other gear (MVP, Mods and Isticks)

I bought mine from ebay that is KSD made V5 and it's still working like first day I got it. Been over 6 months and never have problem once. I take care of my stuff though. Never drop once or anything like that except know it down on table few times from stand up position.

Phassat

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2014
Planet Earth

I bought mine from a local store at $60 which is far too expensive but every price is outrageous here. Suicide Bunny is $30 per 30 ml.

Have been using it for full 3 months without a hitch. Never drop them except many times from a standing position on a table. The orchid need to be in standing position so it will not leak... And with vamo, it is quite a tower.

Phassat

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2014
Planet Earth
I have the 40w v7 and the manual states it will fire down to 0.8 ohms, as does Kangside's website. Still a Kayfun user so havent tried to go that low, but got a Magma on the way so Ill be able to test it when it gets here..

If it will fire at 0.5 ohm and 40 watts, it is a winner for me. At this point I am interested in either a cloupor mini or ipv mini. But cloupor have much more inferior history. Will wait for more review and user feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread