Vandy Vape BERSERKER (24mm) MTL RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida
Got my two bubble glass tanks. Holds a solid 6.5 ml of juice.

To say the glass looks dangerously exposed or easy to break I think is an understatement.
Protective rubber band in order I think.

i-tDMcQpN-X3.jpg

i-sNbxHpc-X3.jpg

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I found this thread earlier this evening and read about the first 15 pages and then the last 3. Decided to get the Berserker 24mm out that I bought on the Classies recently and give it a try. I'm using the short tank, with a 1.5 ohm coil, vaping some Caramel Latte at a Tootle Puffer 6.4W.

Geez...I'm loving everything about it! I think I've found my new favorite MTL tank! I'll be hard pressed to know now which I want to reach for more...this or the KFL shorty tanks I've loved for the last 2 years. I already have a bunch of parts to make many KFL shorty tanks, but I can see incoming vape mail for more Berserker tanks in the next week or so! :thumbs:

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Got my two bubble glass tanks. Holds a solid 6.5 ml of juice.

To say the glass looks dangerously exposed or easy to break I think is an understatement.
Protective rubber band in order I think.

i-tDMcQpN-X3.jpg

i-sNbxHpc-X3.jpg
Looks great! And I hate those rubbers. Just use bigger mods that are wider than the tank.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I both love and hate them. Always find it difficult to see juice level at times and etc. With that said, I also really hate breaking glass tanks (the ones left are either hardy, wrapped in some sort of cage, or probably not glass) so my problem seems to be solving itself. Heh.

I don't buy "glass" replacement tubes if I can possibly avoid it.... I know some of the plastics aren't the greatest, but replacing a glass tank all the time seems frustrating too. I don't seem to have any "plastic destroyer" juices I vape, at least it seems I do not. So, for the most part, I just don't stress about it....

Anna

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida
@jpasint Looks good, and 6.5ml is nice as well. I assume no leaks and vapes the same? Have you tried to topfill with it yet?
Yes Figs, Vapes the same and no leaks.

And top filled and turn upside down on final few turns of top cap per this thread recommendation.

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
I need help if anyone has had this problem before, my tank is leaking out the bottom air flow ring by the base, not the air holes but coming out the bottom and on to my mods.
Have you been top filling or bottom filling? Any gurgling? What you describe is what mine was doing. After cleaning it out twice and only bottom filling, it stopped.

KickOuttheJamz

Dec 9, 2017
Have you been top filling or bottom filling? Any gurgling? What you describe is what mine was doing. After cleaning it out twice and only bottom filling, it stopped.
Yeah I was top filling since I switched to the 2ml tank, it was doing good before but I will just make sure to keep bottom filling for now on it seems to have stopped thanks

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Well, I've been using my newly acquired Berserker 24mm tank for about 36 hours now, & after refilling it at least 6-7 times...I'm still absolutely loving everything about how it vapes. Have only used 1 of my beloved KFL shorty tanks for about an hour!

I've discovered a few things about it, too, & indirectly had some things clarified that I wondered about. :)

1. Replacements for the 2 o-rings at the top & bottom of the tank sections just can't be found anywhere online. There are discussions on that on FT, & several others popped up on a Google search for them. One of those led me to p. 44 of this thread. So I started reading from there...up to where I'd posted Thursday night.

2. My tank was not liked at all by its previous owner, as it was the cause of much frustration & most likely many "not-so-nice" words being yelled at it. :D

3. Because of its bad behavior, it spent some time in "time out" in the trash, at least twice. But thankfully it was rescued so it could find a new home with someone like me...who would absolutely love it. :)

4. Berserkers will leak like crazy if/when there's no bottom o-ring, under the tank. But, luckily the black o-ring for the bottom works just as well. :thumbs:

5. The Ultem tank & the 2 drip tips seem to retain the smell & taste of a potent eliquid, even after a few good baths & 6-7 tanks of various eliquids going through it. So make sure you vape eliquids you don't mind smelling & tasting for awhile later. (Anyone had any success with removal in that regard? If yes, please share with me what worked for you.) :)

6. Using the 2mL tank, my eliquid refills last a lot longer than other 2mL tanks I have. I love it that I can chain vape for a really good period of time before a refill is needed. I don't know why there's such a difference though, when I'm vaping at the same wattage, with the same coils, wicking material, and eliquid...as I use for the other tanks. But I definitely like needing to do fewer refills! :thumbs:

7. When everything's going great with your Berserker, it's easy to love it! So much so, that when a vendor has them for $21.99, (& you just happen to be sittin' on some Christmas money you were gifted)...you jump on that deal & buy 6 more to keep your first 1 company! OH...and to have some extra o-rings, too, of course.
:D

Last edited:

ravynn

Oct 24, 2015
Canada
That will be from the air holes under the air control ring

I need help if anyone has had this problem before, my tank is leaking out the bottom air flow ring by the base, not the air holes but coming out the bottom and on to my mods.

So, i've got the wicking down and it's performing great (albeit the wicks turn black pretty fast on all different kinds of juice). I'm still having the leaking issue, coming right from the bottom and not out of the airflow holes. I only bottom fill... it's getting pretty annoying. Can there be any missing o-rings? The one for the bottom of the glass is there..

• Informative
Reactions: 52anddone

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I'm still having the leaking issue, coming right from the bottom and not out of the airflow holes.

I have a variety of other tanks with an airflow control ring like the Berserker. I had a similar problem with 1 of them. The eliquid actually was coming out of the airflow holes, but it wasn't dripping from them and running down the outside of the AFC ring where I could see it do it. It was seeping out of the holes and going between the main body of the tank (that you can see through the slot in the AFC ring) and the backside of the AFC ring. Then it oozed out from between them at the bottom of the ring, to the underside of the tank. I could've sworn it was getting there some other way, but it wasn't.

Maybe that's what yours and some others' Berserkers are doing, too?

Last edited:

ravynn

Oct 24, 2015
Canada
I have a variety of other tanks with an airflow control ring like the Berserker. I had a similar problem with 1 of them. The eliquid actually was coming out of the airflow holes, but it wasn't dripping from them and running down the outside of the AFC ring where I could see it do it. It was seeping out of the holes and going between the main body of the tank (that you can see through the slot in the AFC ring) and the backside of the AFC ring. Then it oozed out from between them at the bottom of the ring, to the underside of the tank. I could've sworn it was getting there some other way, but it wasn't.

Maybe that's what yours and some others' Berserkers are doing, too?

That very well could be what is happening. I didn't think of it like that. Maybe i need to make the wick a little thicker?

• Agree
Reactions: 52anddone

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Maybe i need to make the wick a little thicker?

It couldn't hurt to try that. But there could be other reasons for airflow hole seepage as well. It's hard to tell what's causing it for you though for sure.

For me personally, if I'd use a wick for longer than I probably should have, when I used cotton...I'd get some slight seepage sometimes with a couple of tanks. I'd rewick and it would stop. However, since I've switched to rayon for wicking material, I rarely get any seepage on any of my tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread