Vandy Vape Pulse 80 watt now 90 watt X

Status
Not open for further replies.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Yesterday, the VV site has the same dimensions for both the Pulse 80 and Pulse X:

82mm x 56mm x 27mm

Today, the VV site shows the depth being 1mm more for the Pulse X"

82mm x 56mm x 28mm

So apparently they did increase it 1mm in depth to accomodate the 21700. Guessing the panels will sit flush without having to be carved out.

They probably copied the page for the regular Pulse 80w to get it up and running, and have been updating the new specs since then.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Also notice the frosted colors come with a 30ml refill bottle, while the G10 versions do not. They probably considered that in the price difference as well.

Agree though, doubt that's it's real G10. Probably a knock off or imitation like the carbon fiber. It does look nice though. :)

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
I just want to know if the doors will be interchangeable with the Pulse 80W. I ordered a set of custom doors for my 80W and will definitely order one if they do.
Looks like the dimensions are the same, but I guess I will not know for sure until Tony answer the question or they are released.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I just want to know if the doors will be interchangeable with the Pulse 80W. I ordered a set of custom doors for my 80W and will definitely order one if they do.
Looks like the dimensions are the same, but I guess I will not know for sure until Tony answer the question or they are released.
Yeah, I don't have any custom panels, but it would be great if they are interchangeable. I like the resin panels, but having the ability to swap to the G10 or frosted on my Pulse 80's would be sweet.

Hopefully we don't have to wait too long to find out. Please post back if you get an answer.

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
where'd you get custom panels?

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
Yesterday, the VV site has the same dimensions for both the Pulse 80 and Pulse X:

82mm x 56mm x 27mm

Today, the VV site shows the depth being 1mm more for the Pulse X"

82mm x 56mm x 28mm

So apparently they did increase it 1mm in depth to accomodate the 21700. Guessing the panels will sit flush without having to be carved out.

They probably copied the page for the regular Pulse 80w to get it up and running, and have been updating the new specs since then.

Yeah they also took out the weight which was 285g that's almost a voopoo drag weight.
weight.jpg

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
Tony says he will make a video soon, also he said it's the same mod, so it might be possible, we just have to wait for the video to find out for sure.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: BillW50

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
none pulse even better ...

......and not a box! I don't mind the form factor but would prefer something more ergonomic even at the expense of a bit more size. The new Recurve mod is quite appealing in that respect, a dual battery reg version would make it very appealing, even single battery if it can get better life out of 20700s than the Pulse 80.

Last edited:

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
......and not a box! I don't mind the form factor but would prefer something more ergonomic even at the expense of a bit more size. The new Recurve mod is quite appealing in that respect, a dual battery reg version would make it very appealing, even single battery if it can get better life out of 20700s than the Pulse 80.
i found pulse is really poor in battery management ...... even dual batt with poor batt management, result ain't far ...

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
i found pulse is really poor in battery management ...... even dual batt with poor batt management, result ain't far ...

Indeed! I can go pretty much a day with the Cylon / Battlestar, lucky to get a few hours with the Pulse 80 and that's at 30-36W so I've not much interest in another single battery squonk, much as I do like the Pulse. In an evening I change the battery at least once, more if it's prolonged use. I suspect the chip isn't as good as the hype says it is! :(

I see lot's of folks say no point in a dual battery squonk with a 6-8ml juice bottle, not in the case of the Pulse it isn't. If the batteries outlast the juice, no problem. I'd rather screw on a refill bottle and fill up than having to keep changing batteries as well. The juice will be done at whatever pace you vape it at so refilling is no problem. Hence my next will be dual cell, and preferably with a DNA chip. My chum has a Niagara and really rates it but seeing as the new Drone 250 will be along in two months or so, I'll wait.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Indeed! I can go pretty much a day with the Cylon / Battlestar, lucky to get a few hours with the Pulse 80 and that's at 30-36W so I've not much interest in another single battery squonk, much as I do like the Pulse. In an evening I change the battery at least once, more if it's prolonged use. I suspect the chip isn't as good as the hype says it is! :(

I see lot's of folks say no point in a dual battery squonk with a 6-8ml juice bottle, not in the case of the Pulse it isn't. If the batteries outlast the juice, no problem. I'd rather screw on a refill bottle and fill up than having to keep changing batteries as well. The juice will be done at whatever pace you vape it at so refilling is no problem. Hence my next will be dual cell, and preferably with a DNA chip. My chum has a Niagara and really rates it but seeing as the new Drone 250 will be along in two months or so, I'll wait.
I have not used an 18650 in it, but my single battery DNA squonker goes through 12-14ml of juice before needing the battery swapped. That is on a 3000mah battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread