• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vape-friendly establishments in the palmetto state

Status
Not open for further replies.

opie

Feb 1, 2010
south carolina
Opie, did we meet each other at VapeFest? I met so many people i don't remember them all.
Yea we met, you told me about the get together up around charleston. I can't wait, my schedule is clear and I should be there if nothing happens. I got your number I'll probably call you close to that time to get directions. Right now I'm trying to figure out the carto thing you talk about in your video. Oh and I really want one of those juicebox's that carlos makes. I seen the video of joey made his own but haven't quite figured that one out yet...lol.

Doctor Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Charleston, SC USA
www.youtube.com
Yea we met, you told me about the get together up around charleston. I can't wait, my schedule is clear and I should be there if nothing happens. I got your number I'll probably call you close to that time to get directions. Right now I'm trying to figure out the carto thing you talk about in your video. Oh and I really want one of those juicebox's that carlos makes. I seen the video of joey made his own but haven't quite figured that one out yet...lol.

Don't be in a big rush to get a juice Box. Carlos is a friend of mine, and I have a JB, but I've had a lot of trouble with it and so have a lot of my friends. It is very difficult to tame and can produce a lot of harsh flavors. The atty has a very long break in time and it kicks like a mule and can be extreamly harsh on your throat. There have also been problems with the attys. I'm on my third atty at the moment and I'm still breaking it in. But when it works right, there is nothing like it.

Is it worth the money? I'm not sure. I know a lot of people who are selling theirs because they just don't like the way it performs. The atty floods very easily and can take several minutes and some gymnastics to clear. There is a real learning curve in using a JB too. Many people get no vapor at all our of their JB's because they never really learn the proper vaping technique needed to use it properly.

There are some great mods out there. I'm not sure the JB is for everyone. I'll tell you what, when you come to the meet, I'll let you use mine for a few hours and you can see if you like it.

lairkeeper

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2010
Upstate, South Carolina
This is what I love about the meet up idea. Being able to test out other systems for vaping. I have the 510, a 3.6v nicostick box mod, an eGo and will soon have a KR808 from v4l to pass around. And I'm *hoping* to have a new prototype in hand by then and will bring it if the designer grants permission.

Plus the juice trying/swaping opportunites! Omnomnom....

Doctor Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Charleston, SC USA
www.youtube.com
This is what I love about the meet up idea. Being able to test out other systems for vaping. I have the 510, a 3.6v nicostick box mod, an eGo and will soon have a KR808 from v4l to pass around. And I'm *hoping* to have a new prototype in hand by then and will bring it if the designer grants permission.

Plus the juice trying/swaping opportunites! Omnomnom....

To be honest, I've only been to one meet and that was VapeFest 2010 in VA. It was great meeting everone face to face and we all had a great time. Our meet may be smaller, but I'm sure it will be just as much fun.

lairkeeper

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2010
Upstate, South Carolina
Got to meet Opie yesterday (he wanted to try my juicer mod, and possibly get one of his own). One thing we talked about was the fact that a few people here are from the Spartanburg/Greenville area, and that we should meet up sometime. Anyone up for meeting every other week or so at The Beacon Drive-In in Spartanburg?

MMMmmmm.....Hush Poppers! I could do one every once in a while.

Doctor Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Charleston, SC USA
www.youtube.com
Got to meet Opie yesterday (he wanted to try my juicer mod, and possibly get one of his own). One thing we talked about was the fact that a few people here are from the Spartanburg/Greenville area, and that we should meet up sometime. Anyone up for meeting every other week or so at The Beacon Drive-In in Spartanburg?

If you put something together, post it here please. I'll be more than happy to dirve up every now and then for a meet. I'm sure others will too.

JoeyKay

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2010
SC
Adding DENNY'S ON JOHN B. WHITE SR BOULEVARD, SPARTANBURG. They don't allow smoking during the daytime, but I asked about vaporizers before being seated, and the manager was very cool about it. Just be prepared for a server or two to come up and remind you that you can't smoke. I just told them that it was a vaporizer, and that the manager had granted permission, and everything was cool.

sugismimi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
SOUTH CAROLINA
A few weeks ago Happy Hour in the Vista of Columbia was fun and very accomodating. It started to rain so us girls went inside as we were on a roof top bar. We went inside and waiting for dinner and even after, it being habit to just pull out my 510, I started vaping as did my friend who I got started. Of course we were told to not smoke, but when we explained what it was, and how it worked we were told to go ahead and have a good time. So the Alehouse in the Vista is Vape friendly!!!!:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread