Vape N00b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

I'm new to the world of "vaping". Not actually a smoker myself, but interested in it as a means to get my mother to quit smoking. She has been smoking since she was 12 (seriously) so that's almost 40 years. Tried quitting of course, but always missed the "habit" of having a cigarette in her hand and things of that ilk.

Hoping I can get some valuable info here to allow her to take up the "vaping habit" as cheap as possible and as close to her cigarette habit so she may continue to wean herself off and quit for good.

Happy to be here!

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
Hey LowThudd,

Thanks for the link. I have actually already bought her a vaporizer with a couple of Cartomizers. I got one from a site called Vapor4Life and went with their Vapor King I think it was called - I'll have to check when I get home from work.

Inm y initial post when I said cheap - I guess I want it to be the easiest rather than the cheapest way to get her stopped. Then it would be a matter of the cheapest method of running. My mother is living in the UK (where I am from originally) so I don't mind funding her vapourising habit to a certain extent if it means she will stick with it (she's not exactly computer literate) but since I am a non-smoker I do not have any experience with the feel and taste and things like this.

Ast_Isis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Fort Worth, TX

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Hi karma. Nobody can say for certain what nic level will be right for someone else. Everyones body chemistry is different but I was a pack a day smoker for 40 years and 24mg liquid is what worked for me at first. I'm down to 18mg now but that wasn't enough to stop the craving when I started. Hope this helps. Best of luck to you and your mom.

Thank you mistinthewoods!

I initially got her some 11MG but I figured she would be higher. I will try and get her some 18's before I go back to the UK next week.

As with strengths, I am guessing flavours will vary from person-to-person... what did you find worked for you flavour-wise? Right now I have her a tobacco sampler since I figured that was "safe".

I am really hoping I can convince my mother if not to quit, then at least drastically reduce the amount she smokes. For her own sake, but of course I have a selfish motivation for wanting to see my mother live much longer and healthier life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread