Vape shop sued for selling Juul

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
With the laws not being enforced by the police, lawsuits like these are bound to happen.
The parents are either complete idiots or looking to profit personally from the lawsuits.
The police should be enforcing the existing laws against underage sales.
The kids should be charged and hauled into court for a judge to fine them and their parents.
This vape shop and juul (only if the the teens purchased them direct on-line) should face a fine for selling to an underage person. Our country does this now with underage sales of alcohol, if the laws had been enforced as they should have with vape gear, we wouldn't have this mess now.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
With the laws not being enforced by the police, lawsuits like these are bound to happen.
The parents are either complete idiots or looking to profit personally from the lawsuits.
The kids should be charged and hauled into court for a judge to fine them and their parents.
This vape shop and Juul (only if the the teens purchased them direct on-line) should face a fine for selling to an underage person. Our country does this now with underage sales of alcohol, if the laws had been enforced as they should have with vape gear, we wouldn't have this mess now.
Exactly the point I was trying to make and apparently did not articulate well.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
This is a true story. It happened when I was in middle school. In NY you really don't get a school bus once you're over maybe 6th grade you take the bus or subway like everyone else (we did get discount bus passes). There was an ad up from the US Dept of Education.

"Illiterate? Write for free help"

I've remembered that for close to 50 years. It was my first civics lesson of how useless our government could be.

iVapeDIY

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Wow! Why hasn't anyone sued a convenience store over addiction to cigarettes. The issue is nicotine.

A Gurnee teen hospitalized for a vaping-related illness is suing e-cigarette company Juul

Friday, in the offices of a downtown law firm, Hergenreder and his family are announcing that they’ve taken their message one step further, filing a lawsuit in Lake County against Juul Labs Inc. and a Waukegan gas station where Adam bought vaping products.

According to the lawsuit, Hergenreder, who began vaping at age 16, bought Juul products at The Gas Stop convenience store in Waukegan — which sports a “Cigarette Drive-Thru” and is also named in the lawsuit — without ever being asked for identification.

Now a convenience store at gas station is being sued.

• Love
Reactions: Baditude

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
A Gurnee teen hospitalized for a vaping-related illness is suing e-cigarette company Juul

Friday, in the offices of a downtown law firm, Hergenreder and his family are announcing that they’ve taken their message one step further, filing a lawsuit in Lake County against Juul Labs Inc. and a Waukegan gas station where Adam bought vaping products.

According to the lawsuit, Hergenreder, who began vaping at age 16, bought Juul products at The Gas Stop convenience store in Waukegan — which sports a “Cigarette Drive-Thru” and is also named in the lawsuit — without ever being asked for identification.

WOW!

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
This is a true story. It happened when I was in middle school. In NY you really don't get a school bus once you're over maybe 6th grade you take the bus or subway like everyone else (we did get discount bus passes). There was an ad up from the US Dept of Education.

"Illiterate? Write for free help"

I've remembered that for close to 50 years. It was my first civics lesson of how useless our government could be.

How sad.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca

The stupid kid admitted to vaping THC. That just let Juul off. Juul doesn't sell THC vape.

FLICK

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Australia
The stupid kid admitted to vaping THC. That just let Juul off. Juul doesn't sell THC vape.

Don't be too hard on the poor kid, it's fairly obvious he must be blind also:
Adam did not know that Juul contained nicotine
as well as a dopey stoner:
and eventually started vaping THC.
It seems the parents cant go after the street dealers that sell their kids the drugs so they have to target someone...

This is all getting really stupid!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I can't even...

339664db-f1f2-4375-b470-8d5151384691-9ffc6210-6b31-4959-863e-65c3597b0ac4-v1.png

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
This vape shop and Juul (only if the the teens purchased them direct on-line) should face a fine for selling to an underage person. Our country does this now with underage sales of alcohol, if the laws had been enforced as they should have with vape gear, we wouldn't have this mess now.
I agree. And ill catch hell for sayin this, but ive always thought in the back of my mind that the ease with which anybody, teens included, can order anything and everything vape related from online vendors made it possible for vape stuff to end up in the wrong hands.

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

Gotta disagree with you. Facts have never gotten in the way of any lawsuit, and plenty get settled for big bucks even when there's no real way to prove the company or its product was in any way responsible for the illness. Happens in the pharmaceutical industry all the time. It's why tort lawyers always have such nice cars and boats.

Reactions: Don29palms

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I agree. And ill catch hell for sayin this, but ive always thought in the back of my mind that the ease with which anybody, teens included, can order anything and everything vape related from online vendors made it possible for vape stuff to end up in the wrong hands.

I'll agree to an extent. But how come I/we all have had to jump through hoops since 2016 validating our ages before orders were processed. Even paying for adult signature required for delivery with some vendors. Sure, teens find ways to beat the system (use someone else's ID, get the package before mom gets the mail and all) but how much more closed down can ordering be?

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Gotta disagree with you. Facts have never gotten in the way of any lawsuit, and plenty get settled for big bucks even when there's no real way to prove the company or its product was in any way responsible for the illness. Happens in the pharmaceutical industry all the time. It's why tort lawyers always have such nice cars and boats.
They might settle but Juul has big tobacco behind them. It might just come down to battle of the lawyers or this kid will go away and some other idiot will take his place. It's all BS!

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Vaping is safer than smoking but vaping is not safe. So the question would be has Juul ever stated vaping is safe or have they said a safer alternative to smoking?

It is a safer alternative to smoking, in a real world sense. But a thing isn't legally true until the FDA deems it to be true. And a thing isn't politically true until the corporate donors say it's true.

I think. I'm not a lawyer or a politician.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread