The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vape store guy: Mech mods are dying out

Discussion in 'Mech Mods' started by Vaslovik, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Vaslovik

Vaslovik Account closed on request ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2013
    Yeah, phooey on the market, it's a fad being catered to, that's all. I remember when all the makers of sun glasses all thought we each looked our very best in alien sunglasses and you could not get any other kind. That fad passed, thank God.

For my part I just don't like boxes, and I don't want electronics in my vape and I know I'm not alone in that. I get the vape I want through they way I build my atty. To me it looks like the TC boxes are for those who, for reasons of laziness, inability, or limited native intelligence, cannot build an atty right.

• Like Like x 2
  2. xtwosm0kesx

xtwosm0kesx Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

FWIW i remember you from when you were much more active and your attitude still leaves a lot to be desired.

You are surrounded by electronics in nearly every single facet of your daily life (unless you live under a rock), it seems very odd you would have an irrational fear of them inside your e-cig.

Since you seem to be unable to interact with those around you without using an insulting derogatory tone in your posts, i'm going to go ahead and move on.

• Like Like x 3
  3. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
    ^ OOoh thems fighting words

[dons flameproof coat}

• Like Like x 3
  4. Vaslovik

Jul 5, 2013
    Maybe they are not turning up in the classifieds because people are holding onto them.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Vaslovik

Jul 5, 2013
    Here's an idea: Don't like my posts? Don't read them.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Steamix

Steamix Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2013
    Vapistan
    Got an eVic still here. Won't do anything below 1.0 ohms. Newer mods can handle subohming too, so the need to get a mech for that is indeed dwindling.
    But when I see what kind of money is changing hands nowadays for vintage cars, I'd hold on to them :)
    A few years down the road mech mods could become collectibles as well...
    Especially in locales where the powers that be are getting away with their idiot regs...

• Like Like x 2
  7. SleeZy

SleeZy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 3, 2014
    Sweden
    I agree with you, except the bolded part.
    Everyone who vapes got their own taste or how i should say it.
    Not everyone likes to rebuild or might have a disability to do so. So the bolded part comes of like you're mocking those who might have issues with this part.

But a mech is pretty much fail-proof. And they're easy to maintain that's why i like em so much. And they will last much longer than regulated, which is a good thing due our EU directive that will prolly go online around 2016.

For me it's the form factor, portability and the looks.
    A mech looks so much better than 99% of the boxmods IMO and the regulated tube mods are well...

But the main reason why i love mechs are just due the fact they will always work and they're realy sturdy.

Edit:

I think the mechs will outlast regulateds tbh. Especially if the gov gets their heavy regulations through. (Might differ per country ofc.)

But you can't ban a "flashlight" which is what a mech essentially is. :)
    What i mean by this is that i think mechs will always be here, so the collectability status will probably take a looong while. Unless we count the several limited editions that are out atm, some of those already have that status. :)

• Like Like x 3
  8. roxynoodle

roxynoodle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    If 3 members will vouch for you, they will verify you. You'll still need PP to pay people unless they let you send a MO or something. I'm sure people would. I've accepted them.

No, plenty up for sale all the time for amazing prices. Many have gone to regulated mods. You can really clean up right now on mechs :)

I'm using tc, but I'm not planning to get rid of any of my mechs or vw mods that only use kanthal. I can see myself eventually over a number of years replacing old mods with the newest tech as they die, but as long as they're working for me I'm happy with them. I'm also sure I'll continue collecting mechs as they aren't going to croak on me :)

• Like Like x 3
  9. Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2013
    Salton Sea, CA
    You don't need a paypal account to make a payment, or to buy something.

You only need the account to accept payment.

I don't sell mods, I buy them.
    :D

• Like Like x 2
  10. retic1959

retic1959 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I was in a BM last week and was told by the 20 something , cloud blowing counter monkey that squonkers , referring to the Reo Woodville in my hands , are out of fashion . I told him he must've mistook me for somebody that gives a rat's azz to begin with . No response to that and no sale for the counter monkey either . :)

• Like Like x 10
  11. retic1959

retic1959 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Just figgered I'd add a little background color to my above post . I'm a 55 year old , gun totin , long haired , Harley riding redneck with a zztop beard , wonder what made the counter monkey think I'd be interested in fashion LOL ! Kinda made me wanna squonk his head , same feeling I get every time I see a mechs are dead post . :)

• Like Like x 11
  12. Sgt.Rock

Sgt.Rock Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 13, 2014
    The Poconos
    As far as I'm concerned, those that want them can have all the hundred dollar plus electronic mods they can carry and I hope they enjoy them...

As for me, I like Mechs and will continue to use them.

Currently vaping some home brewed Krunch in a Lemo2 with a .3 Nichrome 80 coil on a Stingray X--and enjoying every pull ;)

Vape on!

• Like Like x 4
  13. AndriaD

AndriaD Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    I was admiring your new avatar. :D ;)

Andria

• Like Like x 4
  14. Kprthevapr

Kprthevapr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2015
    On the River, GA
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2013
    Salton Sea, CA
    Okay,
    Which regulated mod will fire this quad coil .20 ohm atty all day without changing batteries?
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. WattWick

WattWick Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2013
    Cold Norway
    They are no longer the latest craze for the high powered crowd. Also you can now get a decent-to-great vape from something other than mechs or half-meter long regulated tube mods.

For those who use them... not much has changed: press a button, have a vape. :)

17. mauricem00

mauricem00 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2015
    carson city nevada
    remember when the rebel flag was a sign of rebellion against authority and hippies wore it on their jeans? there will always be a market for cheap and reliable products.my local vape shop only caters to cloud chasers and sell a lot of mechanical. they can however order a regulated mod for you in you really want one:lol:

• Like Like x 1
  18. edyle

edyle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

taken it context they mean from a sales point of view

19. Vaslovik

Jul 5, 2013
    At the end of the day tubular mechs will continue to be made, very artistically in many cases, and we who use them and love them will continue to buy them regardless of the current market craze. Fans of electronic box mods can fantasize all they like about them becoming extinct, as though they relish that idea, but what's really behind that? It's like some kind of my dad can beat up your dad trip, or, "we will bury you!" My thing is better than your thing is nothing more than an ego trip. What's the point of that? I suppose it affords them a cheap feeling of superiority. Not something I have any respect for.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Vaslovik

Jul 5, 2013
    Well I said that because of certain vapers who have felt compelled to bash mechs and gennies all up and down just because they can't build a genny or even roll a mesh wick. They throw the baby out with the bathwater and publicly trash the whole thing as one prominent reviewer on YouTube has done, because he can't manage to get it right.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.