Status
Not open for further replies.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
MY LOVE OF MECH mods!
Have ya ever had someone when you were young that was cool but just wasn't right that ya met again years later and fell in love with? That's kinda what happened with me and mech mods. I've had a couple of mech mods in storage for awhile that I wasn't really impressed with. It really was my fault because when I was using them I really didn't understand too much about how to make them perform. The first mech I got was a Cartel Stillare limited edition I believe it was called. Nice mod but I didn't care for it. The 2nd was a Tomahawk X clone with an Apocalypse clone that I keep in my work bag as a back up. I've been wanting a high end mech for awhile and ended up getting 2. The first is a limited edition Broadside Brizo and the 2nd is a Purge Slam Piece. I put a Rebirth RDA on the Brizo and my TM30 on the Slam Piece. I'm in love again. They are amazing. So I dug out the Tomahawk and put a better build in the Apocalypse. That's what I've been using at work for the last 4 days and love it. So I figure I'd see if I could do something with the Cartel. I put my Reload X on top of it and set it up correctly and wow what a difference that made. What truly helped me was the experience and skills I've aquired building coils. The simplicity of it all is the allure. I can only really compare it to those ladies that you see that are naturally beautiful. You know the ones that are just pretty without makeup. The fact that mechs work great with no bells and whistles or pretty lights and screens is appealing. It's also expensive because now I want more. I've just put on the top of my wishlist a copper Dreamer and a copper Ardent RDA to go with it. Next payday they will get ordered. I also need to get more Samsung 30T 21700 batteries. I'm in love with mech mods.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Sooo today was good and bad. The bad was my wife was suppose have surgery today. I live in the high desert and we never get snow. Well this morjing we were leaving the house at 4:30am. When we went to leave there was about 2 feet of snow everywhere. The main highway was closed so her surgery got postponed. Now the good. Today I also got a notice I had a package at the post office. I hopped in the jeep and trekked out. In the package is 2 Broadside Brizo mech mods and 2 Broadside Culverin RDAs. I got them home and put one setup away in storage. The other I through in a simple 24g ss316l 5/6 wrap 3mm dual coil .14ohm build with rayon wicking. Through a fully charged Samsung 30T 21700 battery in the mod. Juiced it up with some DIY Butterscotch Rootbeer Float ejuice. WOW! This is awesome. Nice big dense flavorful clouds. Just how I like them. If this works this good with simple coils it will be that much better with a set of my coils. I'm definitely impressed.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Yesterday I got an RFG Vape Puzzle Kit in the vapemail. The kit contains an RDA, an extra barrel, an extra drip tip, 6 bottles of different coils with 6 coils in each bottle. SS and kanthal mesh coil strips, some SS and some kanthal wire, some japanese cotton pads, the usual goody bag of screws and Orings, an imitation coily tool, ceramic tweezers, side cutters, a heat sink, a build stand and a topper to use a 60ml gorilla bottle to refill a squonk mod all in a very nice case. The topper is kinda cool. It looks like a piston. The RDA deck is unusual in that it's designed to be used as a postless deck or with mesh strips. The airflow is also unusual in that it has triangulated side and top airflow. I through in a set of my coils and wicked it up. It's easy to build and wick. With both top and bottom airflows open it's extremely turbulent and annoying at best. I shut the top airflow and I was pleasantly suprised. It was a nice vape at that point. The flavor is not the best but is really good. Cloud production is also good. I'm going to use it some more but so far I'm happy with it. I would recommend the RFG Vape Puzzle Kit. Check it out if they are still available.

Last edited:

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I recently won a Purge Mod ultem squonk mod in a giveaway. (Thank you Kellykel1983 and RebuildableRyan) This mod is beautiful and I'm glad I won it as it isn't something I could usually afford. If anyone know anything about Purge Mods you know the quality on this is stellar. The mod came in a pelican case with a certified authenticity card. It also came with the usual extras, a refill bottle, a matching beauty ring and matching drip tip. This baby is gorgeous and works flawlessly. If you like mech squonk mods and have a chance to get one you should. You won't be disappointed.
Purge Mods ultem squonker .jpg

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I got some vapemail Friday. I took advantage of a great sale at Armageddon Mfg. And picked up a copper Apocalypse v2 for $15. I will be using it on a copper 18650 stacker mech mod that should be here soon. It should be a cloudy setup with a pair of clapton coils in it.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I recently won a Purge Mod ultem squonk mod in a giveaway. (Thank you Kellykel1983 and RebuildableRyan) This mod is beautiful and I'm glad I won it as it isn't something I could usually afford. If anyone know anything about Purge Mods you know the quality on this is stellar. The mod came in a pelican case with a certified authenticity card. It also came with the usual extras, a refill bottle, a matching beauty ring and matching drip tip. This baby is gorgeous and works flawlessly. If you like mech squonk mods and have a chance to get one you should. You won't be disappointed.
View attachment 810781

Very nice!

I love mine. It works great, and looks awesome doing it. Definitely one of the nicer mods I use. Build quality is very nice, and the contacts are super thick and durable.

20190506_225601.jpg

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Very nice!

I love mine. It works great, and looks awesome doing it. Definitely one of the nicer mods I use. Build quality is very nice, and the contacts are super thick and durable.

View attachment 813769
That is beautiful. I have a ultem VLS coming for mine.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Today I got an RDA I've been looking for quite awhile. It is a clone of the Asmodus Triad. I'm just playing around with it right now but so far I'm liking it. Once I get tired of the hex coils in it I'll throw in triple Killer coils. At .14ohms and 120 watts this thing is a major cloud chaser and surprisingly the flavor is pretty good. I'm using some Pina Colada Cheesecake ejuice. Another thing that is surprising is it doesn't get hot. It's something to play with but so far I'm liking it.
20190720_174313.jpg

20190720_174325.jpg

Last edited:

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I got a couple deliveries of vapemail this week. A Money Shot RDA and a Hammer of God mech mod. I threw a pair of .36 ohm Serial Killer coils, rayon wicking and Butterscotch Rootbeer Float ejuice in the RDA and some fresh 25Rs in the mod. This is an awesome setup. I'm definitely loving this. Crazy clouds and excellent flavor.
Hammer of God.jpg

Last edited:

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Just found this thread, wow you’ve been busy! Lots of great info for me to digest as I’m wanting more tanks and I’m starting to appreciate the beauty and simplicity of mech mods but I don’t have one.
Thanks. I can't recommend any tanks because I don't use them anymore. There are ALOT of really great mech mods out there.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Well I said tanks, I prefer to drip right now because I’m all over the place with juice selection - still new at this and don’t have the lingo down yet.

So when you say no tanks that means you drip/squonk right?

Just looked back at all your photos, I don’t see any tanks!
That is correct sir. When I leave the house I take a squonk setup. At home or work I use a dripper. I really like the unusual stuff. Today I'm using an Ulton Quake mech mod with a Mad Dog RDA that has a Trinnity glass cap. I like my mech mods and RDAs. I make all my own coils and ejuice.
Quake.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread