I vape a lot
    Sometimes it's great
    Sometimes it's not
    But I vape a lot

Last edited:

Caesar77

ECF Veteran
    Dec 7, 2017
    As someone who eats a ton of candy, junk, and rarely brushes teeth, I don't really care, increased risk of gum disease, is not really that big of a concern, not like it's oral cancer.
    .... is dangerous and can kill you if left untreated for enough time. Take care.
    I also have had the opposite experience. Improved gum health vs smoking.
    Glad your oral health is fine, it's all I'm gonna read here and I know it, no one will say anything bad about vaping in here, I just wanted to inform about the existence of this study, I found it enjoyable and interesting to read.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: stols001

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I didn't read the article but pretty sure nothing in our ingredients or gear parts can actually cause cancer. More likely the individual will simply get cancer with or without vaping habits. Same could be said of smokers that cancer that aren't related to smoking.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I didn't read the article but pretty sure nothing in our ingredients or gear parts can actually cause cancer. More likely the individual will simply get cancer with or without vaping habits. Same could be said of smokers that cancer that aren't related to smoking.

Well that may be true, but about the ingredients such as flavoring, they were never really meant to be inhaled as far as I know, and even if they don't cause cancer, they could possible cause some other health problem with long-term inhalation.

Not that I personally care. Even being straight-edge isn't going to guarantee a healthy existence or a "natural", painless death.

Twiggy1995

ECF Veteran
    Oct 6, 2020
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    Let's put things in context, drinking alcohol is also not healthy, a lot of things are unhealthy.

Cigarette/Tobacco smoking is obviously on a far worse level of unhealthy.

I'd put vaping on the same level of unhealthy as sodas, or junk food, not cigarettes' for sure, or anything extremely bad.

Drink a lot of soda, often, your teeth won't be very good, all that acid, and all, not to mention increased risk of diabetes, and other diseases.

Drink a lot of alcohol often, your liver will be destroyed, and alcohol contributes to a lot of other very negative things, including cancer.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    It's unhealthy to be alive.

Which is why I can't fully wrap my head around the fear of death.

Death appears to be the healthiest state one could achieve. :p

EDITED TO SAY: Come to think of it, that might be the end game.

Last edited:

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    .... is dangerous and can kill you if left untreated for enough time. Take care.

Glad your oral health is fine, it's all I'm gonna read here and I know it, no one will say anything bad about vaping in here, I just wanted to inform about the existence of this study, I found it enjoyable and interesting to read.
    It's been about 6 months since your last post about this.
    Vaping and Oral Health
    Let us know if your oral health has changed since your last 6 month check up.

• Agree

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    Although this study is in regards to oral health, they jump to this conclusion in their Discussion section (bolded by me):
    E-cigarettes are being promoted for their harm reduction potential, and some evidence suggests that they might be effective smoking cessation aids (39). However, as our data demonstrate, the risk-for-harm from e-cigarettes is different from, but not less than, conventional cigarettes.

How can the comparison of lung cancer and gum disease harm be seen as equals? This statement indicates ignorance or bias.

Twiggy1995

ECF Veteran
    Oct 6, 2020
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    Although this study is in regards to oral health, they jump to this conclusion in their Discussion section (bolded by me):

How can the comparison of lung cancer and gum disease harm be seen as equals? This statement indicates ignorance or bias.

Traditional cigarettes also cause far more health problems than just lung cancer. I don't think anyone ever claimed vaping is completely harmless, just significantly less harmful. It's not the same as completely harmless.

For now, I would suggest taking all studies like these with a grain of salt, there are also many medical professionals and organizations praising e-cigarettes, and some even running their own stores because they see the massive benefit to smokers.

Also, shouldn't a post like this be in the "Health, Safety, and Vaping" sub-section of the "Health and Medical" section of the forum?

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    • Agree
    Reactions: classwife
    Status
    Not open for further replies.