The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vaping as a smoking cessation tool does not work

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by edacsac, Jun 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. IXIShogunR1

IXIShogunR1 Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 5, 2014
    VA
    like they all have said, spares/backups its the only way. when i started i carried juice and battery/device backups on me. started out with spinner batteries and always had 2, cause they didn't last long enough. switched to a vamo and that lasted 1-2 days a charge, still had a spare battery. had a bigger tank on that too but i still had extra juice.

on work days i have 2 devices on me and a spare battery for the smaller one. and i still normally have extra juice just incase.

it takes time for sure, when i started vaping i was still smoking, but i rationed out my cigs so i could cut back in stages and eventually i went to no cigs.... took about 2 months but that's what worked for me. i still have my last pack unopened kind of as a reminder that i dont need them anymore

• Like Like x 5
  2. bman1977

bman1977 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 3, 2014
    New Jersey
    Unfortuantely you do have to put a little effort into it.I think this is why its so hard for people to make the jump. Laziness. The reward is well worth it. Keep trying.

3. VHRB2014

VHRB2014 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2014
    Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
    Yap, saving your life is hard work. Lots of people f-it off every day.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Filfa

Filfa Full Member

May 20, 2015
    Australia
    I made sure to get rid of any analogs I had before taking up vaping, just to remove any chance of just picking one up. There isn't 1 thing that works for everyone

I also find rebuilding and the hobbiest level of vaping has helped me stay off, only 5 months but I can't see myself going back.

5. Panorama911

Panorama911 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2012
    Kansas
    For me, I plan as if I am going on a survival outing.....even if it is just across town and right next door to a vape shop.:D

• Like Like x 3
  6. tj99959

tj99959 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I was a ~2PAD smoker for almost 60 years. Smoked my last cigarette the day after I bought my first starter kit. (I sure as hell wasn't going to just throw it away)
    The one thing that was different was that the guy that sold me that first little eGo-T kit took the time to show me how to fix everything that could possibly go wrong with it.

• Like Like x 4
  7. mojofilter

mojofilter Senior Member

Mar 10, 2015
    Florida, USA
    You can't come into a forum full of people who quit smoking by using a vaporizer and tell them that it doesn't work as a method to quit smoking, because it clearly does. That may not be what it's designed for, but it certainly works if you make the effort to make it work. I'm another who quit smoking after 42 years on the day my vaporizer arrived.

• Like Like x 5
  8. aecs

aecs Full Member

May 24, 2015
    West TN
    Well now you have ruined it for me. I have not had a smoke since I got my Subtank. Oh well since you tell me it aint a good way to stop smoking, I will go but a pack of Marlboros and light up, thanks for clarifying that for me.

• Like Like x 3
  9. JHDublin

JHDublin Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 9, 2014
    Ireland
    You didn't say what device you are using but there is a huge difference in how efficient they are, maybe you are just using a crap one

• Like Like x 1
  10. motordude

motordude Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2015
    VA, USA
    Like everything it takes effort. Btw today's my 3 month mark since quitting the stinkys.
    I think I shall do a jig:rickroll:

• Like Like x 10
  11. jaytex1969

jaytex1969 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2015
    Austin, TX
    My 10th grade Spanish teacher, back when men were men, taught us about the 6 P's.

It seemed like harsh advice when metered out with the grades he gave to substandard work but the 6 P's have stood the test of time as some of the best advice I ever got.

Proper Planning Prevents P*ss Poor Performance.

Not directed as an assault, but as an alternate perspective on your experience so far.

Jay :headbang:

• Like Like x 6
  12. KattMamma

KattMamma Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2015
    DFW Area, Texas
    I knew the first day I vaped that it was going to work for me, even though nothing else did. But I needed backups - more juice, more hardware - to do it. 4 days later I bought the backups and haven't had a cig since.

Now I never leave the house with at least 2 juice bottles, 2 PVs and a charger for each, and spare coils. I have a "vape bag" LOL

• Like Like x 5
  13. Vaslovik

Vaslovik Account closed on request ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2013
    Vaping worked for me. I was smoking 2 1/2 packs of Morleys a day and as soon as I had a vape that lasted all day I was done with the cigs. Granted, it took a determined effort to arrive at the hardware I needed to be satisfied, but I wasn't giving up. Smoking was destroying my health and I knew it.

My first experience with vaping was when my roommate gave me an el-cheapo Smart (tm) ecig from the flea market, and while it worked I didn't need to smoke, but you could vape on it for only 2 hours before you had to charge it for 3 hours. Not good enough.

So, knowing nothing about vaping I went back to the flea market and found something better, an eGo battery and clearo, got some juice for it, and that was better, but still not good enough, even with a spare battery. It just didn't deliver the satisfying vape I needed. I tried some other toppers, which turned out to be cheap rip-offs, and then bought a Kanger Protank. That worked for about a month, until I got tired of constantly changing and rebuilding the coils, and getting lots of bad vapes from it.

I knew what I wanted, and it came time to go after it. I got a mech and an RBA, learned to build it and run it safely sub-ohm, and finally I had what I needed. Two years later I'm still vaping on my mech and genny, making my own juice, and I've not had a cigarette in all that time, nor do I ever want another one.

Now I'm perfectly aware that some just can't ever completely quit the cigs, and there are people who smoke and vape both, and if that's their thing then fine, it's their money and their health. Some people can quit the cigs, others just cannot. Vaping worked for me, and many others as well.

• Like Like x 3
  14. VNeil

VNeil Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2014
    Ocean City, MD
    I was able to quit a 40 year habit only by vaping. I always carry backups, 3 mods all ready to go, more spare batteries, juice, etc. In 9 months without a cig I've never been without a working vape. But I planned ahead, maybe obsessively. I made sure I would never have to buy a pack of cigs because my vape gear failed or went flat.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Scottitude

Scottitude Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 18, 2010
    Metro Detroit
    Kind of like complaining about your car because you often forget to buy gasoline and constantly lock your keys in it.

Stupid car is worthless!

• Like Like x 11
  16. Ohm Gnome

Ohm Gnome Super Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Douglasville Ga
    I keep one of those coolers made from fabric that holds a 6 pk with me at all times. It also has a top part for holding a sandwich and two side compartments. Still it's small. Inside I keep a 5 pk ok Herakles coils, 10 bottles of juice, two RDAs already built and wicked and my backup which is a Nautilus Mini with a Istick Mini I think it's 10 watts. Also included are tweezers, needle nose, screwdrivers, cotton, qtips, towels, hand cleaner and more lol. It's actually very small and light weight. I'm just the always prepared type. I never leave home without flashlight, knife, lighter. With just those 3 things you can survive a lot more than you think you're capable of

• Like Like x 3
  17. alicewonderland

alicewonderland Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2012
    it may not work for some, but it is the most successful smoking cessation tool out there for us. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who have tried the other smoking cessation stuff and have failed. Vaping gives us a fighting chance, but with like everything, if one doesn't have the determination to succeed, then chances are slim.

put more effort in, get a better set up, delve into it as a hobby in your free time (whether it be reading threads, looking up juices, reviews, etc.) The more active you are in something , the more effort you put in, the more you will get out of it.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Panorama911

Panorama911 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2012
    Kansas
    Me too....The night I quit 4 years ago I had 6 packs left in the carton.....they still remain in the fridge today!:lol:

16 more years and I can sell them as "classic" cigs on Ebay![​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  19. Robino1

Robino1 Resting in Peace ECF Veteran

I think you've hit the nail on the head. When you aren't stressed and you don't let the nic level go down, the ecigs work like a dream. It's when the nic levels drop too low, you aren't able to get the nic fast enough to comfort those urges.

Try not to stress. Take backups with you and if something isn't working right, use the backup. Also there is no right or wrong way. Dual use is totally fine. It took me a month before cigs were just nasty to me.

Once you find your vaping zone, it will all become easier. Maybe a higher nic for work?

• Like Like x 5
  20. Papillon61

Papillon61 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2015
    Sunshine Isle
    I guess the OP has to speak for themselves. My experience is far different. I was a PAD smoker for 45 years... some of those years it was closer to 2PAD. I tried all kinds of ways to quit, from patches, to gum, to inhalators, to hypnosis, cold turkey.... you name it. Nothing worked. I even smoked in hospital when I was in for a quadruple heart bypass 8 years ago! I'd slip away somewhere and have a couple of puffs.

Fast forward to March 18, 2015. I receive my Green Smokes starter kit no less..... I have not smoked a single analog since, save around 4 which I deliberately smoked to convince myself they are total thrash. I have naturally upgraded my gear since then. Obviously when I leave the house I make sure I am equipped with all that I might need. I'm happy and satisfied all the time. You have to work it for it to work. But most important of all - you have to WANT it.

• Like Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.