Status
Not open for further replies.

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
I have said this before and will say it again....nicotine "fix" is easy to get just differ in the ways, so there really is no excuse for needing a "fix". That said, it is the non chemical physical habit smoking creates, such as what to do with your hands, having a cigarette in between the fingers, even the need for a lighter all become habits. These habits were just not designed into E cigs, with the exception of the cig a like and even they do not mimic well, too heavy and too fat or too long etc. Believe it or not, these traits not being satisfied will also play a big role in how an E cig will meet ones needs.

For the aforementioned it will take time to re adjust, get past that and the rest is if you are getting enough nicotine absorption and if the vapor is large enough for your minds eye to be satisfied.

AND we are all different, what one has to do to find success is not as another would do, we all must find our level of "what works"!:D

Reactions: TotemHarpy

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
At first I had newbie issues, too, like factory coils going out on me or batteries dying when I was away from home. It is frustrating since smoking is easy. Run out of cigs or lighter dies, you can get more anywhere. vaping just takes more planning, but you get used to it. Always take two setups, extra coils, extra juice.

I never quit for even one day until I started vaping. It works if you want it to.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
I'm off and on with vaping. Today I'm trying to vape to replace cigaretts. So why am I complaining? I have less than 1/4 tank of juice, which is almost doable, but now all of a sudden my ecig is barely hitting. It never does that! Vaping is just too difficult. With cigaretts, you just flip the top and know that you are good. If not, you can stop anywhere and refill. I don't have my personal, tolarable juice mixture here with me at work, so I can refill and make this work. No, I have less than a 1/4 tank of juice to get me through more than a 12 hour day.

Sorry. everytime I give it a go to get off of cigaretts, I run into these similar issues. And it's not often that I give it a real go, so it's double frustrating. It's not like "oh well, just try again tomorrow".
There's a little learning curve at first no doubt. Especially with crappy starter kits and tanks. I was a little discouraged at first, but stuck with it. Get yourself a decent setup, which is very affordable, and you can bypass a lot of the bs.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I switched over night. I had a complete spare system and supplies in the car since I am never far from that. I still check my mod/battery/juice before I leave the house. I am down from my start of 36 to, now, 6mg. I don't worry about how often I vape so long as I don't go backwards. I am starting to see the end of nicotine. Today, as I think, I will probably still vape but not on an hourly schedule. I do like a flavorful treat in the evening, though.

Today is today, tomorrow is tomorrow, I just keep working a little at a time.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
It certainly makes a difference when your doing it for fun and when it becomes a critical replacement. Thanks for all the encouragement. Lunacy sets in when I'm left with nothing. Full tank today though. It can never replace a cigarette, but it's helpful.
It never replaces a cigarette. Nothing really can. What it does is help the mind get over needing that cigarette, if given the time and effort.

Not everyone makes the switch instantaneously. Some take weeks, months and even years. There's a saying we have around here: Don't count the ones you have, count the ones you don't smoke. :)

We have members that continue to smoke. They want to minimize their habit of cigarettes. That's fine also.

A few cigs a day is better than a pack or more a day. Harm reduction. :)

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I'm off and on with vaping. Today I'm trying to vape to replace cigaretts. So why am I complaining? I have less than 1/4 tank of juice, which is almost doable, but now all of a sudden my ecig is barely hitting. It never does that! Vaping is just too difficult. With cigaretts, you just flip the top and know that you are good. If not, you can stop anywhere and refill. I don't have my personal, tolarable juice mixture here with me at work, so I can refill and make this work. No, I have less than a 1/4 tank of juice to get me through more than a 12 hour day.

Sorry. everytime I give it a go to get off of cigaretts, I run into these similar issues. And it's not often that I give it a real go, so it's double frustrating. It's not like "oh well, just try again tomorrow".

Go with cigalikes. less complicated. Looking for an easy way to quit cigs? Guess what there isn't one, it is easier to keep on smoking. Not smarter but easier.

Vaping worked for me. Around 40 years and tried other methods several times. Been smoke free for 6 months now, longest time ever. And was the easiest too. But not easier than not quitting.

Cool-breeze

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Upstate sc
I confess I did not read everyone's responses so forgive me if I repeat something said. What worked for me, and I continue to recommend to others, is keep some smokes with you until you have a solid grasp of what you need from vaping. I took the time to learn my equipment and now I spend less time on vaping maintenance then I did making a trip to a store and standing in line to buy smokes. You have a routine for buying smokes and not one for vaping. So while you are learning and transitioning keep some smokes with you. When you get to work and your battery dies pull out a cig. When you get home fix our vaping issue. No one says you have to drop cigs cold turkey if you aren't ready to.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
For harm reduction, does only 1-3 a day actually reduce the harm to the body?

I would think so it greatly reduces the tar and toxins you put into your body, so it has to be better than smoking 30 or so.
Stubbing your toe 1-3 times a day is not nearly as bad as doing it 30 times a day?

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Dual use. Who says you have to quit on day 1? Once I finally learned that life was easy. Go to unflavored liquid. Cheap and easy. Anything taste better than a cig. Start looking at flavors.

I am 3 years in and I still crave a smoke. Took around 3 months for me to stop smoking completely. One day.. I just didn't smoke.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Dual use. Who says you have to quit on day 1? Once I finally learned that life was easy. Go to unflavored liquid. Cheap and easy. Anything taste better than a cig. Start looking at flavors.

I am 3 years in and I still crave a smoke. Took around 3 months for me to stop smoking completely. One day.. I just didn't smoke.
Yep only 6 months for me and I still crave a smoke from time to time.

emolinare

May 29, 2015
I'm off and on with vaping. Today I'm trying to vape to replace cigaretts. So why am I complaining? I have less than 1/4 tank of juice, which is almost doable, but now all of a sudden my ecig is barely hitting. It never does that! Vaping is just too difficult. With cigaretts, you just flip the top and know that you are good. If not, you can stop anywhere and refill. I don't have my personal, tolarable juice mixture here with me at work, so I can refill and make this work. No, I have less than a 1/4 tank of juice to get me through more than a 12 hour day. Sorry. everytime I give it a go to get off of cigaretts, I run into these similar issues. And it's not often that I give it a real go, so it's double frustrating. It's not like "oh well, just try again tomorrow".

In my opinion, until technology catches up and makes the tanks that do not leak and batteries that do not die and coils we do not need to replace, we'll always have to deal with these quirks.
Look at it from a positive light. It's healthier and you don't have to search entire street for a fellow smoker if you forgotten to take your lighter.

Jode

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Seabrook, NH, USA

There is already a ton of good advice here and I know I am about to repeat some of it, but I think the more you hear about successes the more it will make sense. You are correct that smoking is way easier. And yes, there has to be a pretty strong desire to switch. At least enough to try to vape through cig cravings and try to stick with it. Like quitting any addiction take it one day, one hour, or one minute at a time. Try to get yourself a bit better set up so that you can plan out your day to avoid cigs and vape instead. That may require buying a back up vape or maybe an extra tank. Learn as much as you can about maintenance so that when your vape isn't producing vapor you can figure out why. Try not to put too much power behind the magic cure thing. And last but not least, if you are not ready to quit completely look at how much you can replace vaping with cig use and dual for as long as you need to. Good luck, have fun and Welcome!!!

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
I'm another one who thought I would NEVER quit smoking. I grew up in a smoke-filled house. My mother smoked during all her pregnancies, so I got it in-utero. Everyone we knew smoked. Our family doctor smoked. It was inevitable... It's just what you did when you were a "grown-up." So I smoked, I enjoyed smoking, and I structured my entire life around it. After 42 years of smoking 2 packs a day, I recently started noticing (it has been there for a while but I just started noticing) that I was having some trouble breathing sometimes. When I was exerting myself. We have a small farm, so there are bags of feed to be tossed, bales of hay to be stacked, cows and calves to be gathered on foot every evening, a full milk can to be carried 300 feet to the house every morning... and the list goes on.

I got a mid-size Kanger EVOD and a few small bottles of e-liquid to see if I could MAYBE substitute some of my daily cigarettes with it, and I quit smoking immediately. In 24 hours, the difference in my lung function was amazing. I would never light another cigarette now. Anything but that. No, it's not like a "real" cigarette, but I like it better now, and it's only been 6 days! LOL! I must have really wanted to quit, deep down inside, so deep I didn't even realize it consciously. Now that I have, I feel like an idiot for not doing it sooner. I never even tried to quit before, because I knew I couldn't. This was my first attempt and I was 100% successful. I'll say "so far" because you should never say never, but honestly, I can't imagine inhaling cigarette smoke into my lungs anymore. I'm so done with that whole thing.

The moral of my story is basically that I didn't THINK I wanted to quit, but I did. And it was painless. I'm still amazed at how easy it was. And so happy that I can now do those physical things again, after just a few short days of being off smokes, without having to stop and rest. And of course, every time I stopped to rest, I lit another cigarette! ROFL! For someone with a genius IQ, I can do the stupidest things imaginable!

So, keep researching different types of e-cigs, and build a stash of possible yummy liquids, and when you're ready, it will be really easy for you, too.

Oh, I thought I wouldn't like "flavors," either, because I was a hard core smoker and thought I wanted it to taste like tobacco, but I found I LOVE the flavors. It's not like smoking a cigarette at all, it's better, because it tastes nice and doesn't leave that icky tobacco aftertaste in my mouth, yet I'm still getting enough nicotine to satisfy that craving, so it's all good.

Good luck to you!

~Lannie

Pamawoman

Too Blessed To Stress
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2012
Orlando
Vape like a chimney. Have three charged and ready, tons of different juices, different carts or clearos and try an automatic battery. I messed around for three years and finally just said no more cigs. I vaped aroma WTA like I would die without it and guess what, I did it! After smoking for 30 plus years I am free and my family is pretty shocked. I love vaping so much more then smoking nasties. Do not give up. You will love yourself for not smoking ciggies.

GccTxs67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Virginia
Took me a week on the Vape to finally quit, It was a matter of finally understanding how Vaping worked, what my "Sweet Spot" was, Finding Juices that I liked....Missing the Morning Cig was the worst! Now I miss nothing. 1 1/2 Packs a day for 32 Years and smoke free for what that Nicoticket Banner says Down there in my sig....

sos2001

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2014
South Carolina
211 days off tobacco, and for the way I had started to smoke, that's a minor miracle. When I made it a hobby, it made it a great deal easier. I found that doing research, watching tutorial videos, and getting into rebuilding helped keep my mind busy and off the fact that I wasn't lighting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread