The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vaping at work. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'E-Cigarettes in Public' started by HazyDayz, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MrDripper

MrDripper Super Member ECF Veteran

As do I. I have the luxury of working in an isolated warehouse where I am the boss:2cool:
    I make the smokers go outside, of course, and in the winter, I stare at them through my window and hit my vape while they stand outside and freeze :D

• Like Like x 2
  2. JohnnyDill

JohnnyDill Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2013
    Uranus
    I vape all day long at my work. Nobody has a problem with me doing it, nor are they interested in vaping. So everybody else steps outside to smoke their stinkies. Vape on!

3. GenericPCusername

GenericPCusername Senior Member

Oct 6, 2015
    NEPA
    I work in a department store and no one minds if we vape if we're in stock rooms or other employees only areas. We cannot vape on the sales floor (imagine that lol) and we actually can't vape on the sidewalk outside the store or in the parking lot due to a recent no tobacco policy that includes vapes. It's really nice being able to sneak a couple puffs if I have to find a certain product that's not on the floor for a customer.

4. Dextrose

Dextrose Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

One of the lucky ones, i vape at work all day, makes my truck smell nice ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. RipCigs

RipCigs Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2015
    Croatia
    I vape in the bathroom at work. I am positive my colleagues would have no issue with it, but i can't imagine explaining it to the management. So i just look like i have running bowels syndrome for the last year. Nobody asked why the bathroom smells of chocolate and raspberry after I'm in it though :D

• Like Like x 3
  6. GenericPCusername

GenericPCusername Senior Member

Oct 6, 2015
    NEPA
    LOL that's a much more preferable smell than the typical alternative!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ipster

Ipster Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Whoa!...Im about to go all argy bargy on you. True it doest not turn naught below freezing where I live
    however I find the arguments from the ANTZ from the "Protect our children" factions all around the world trying to limit our rights to vape will use the "stealth" vaping as prime examples when ever they can. I just wont take the chance of ruining it for the others. The areas around me just one year ago would see ecigs being vaped in grocers, in shopping malls, and of course those are all now legally banned.So obviously ppl complained, took it to their lawmakers, became loud and now we're all ....e out of luck. Even out of doors, as in the National Parks, there's loads of places not allowing Vapors any place you cannot smoke. We've got to fight it!! ARGH!!
    two years back it was the same bit for planes. lets not chance loosing more of our rights, please.
    https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/lawmakers-protect-public-from-2nd-hand-smokeless-tobacco-smoke.699438/

8. Nightly_Paradox

Nightly_Paradox Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 27, 2012
    East TN
    I wish I could vape at work but, they are a smoke free facility. However, they do allow the use of smoke free tobacco in the form of "snuff"

9. catilley1092

catilley1092 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 3, 2013
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Seriously, this is a form of discrimination. So one can chew & dip, yet not smoke nor vape? It's rather difficult to alternate between chew & dipping during work hours & vape after work.

I say all or none at this workplace would be equal to everyone.

Cat

10. ThaFuzz

ThaFuzz Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2015
    Virginia Beach
    I work outside so me and my Forman and 1 other outside guy all vape all day, my Forman moonlights at a vape shop and runs his home made series box, the other guy runs a sig 150 tc my kbox mini gets me through .

11. kristinsssilva

kristinsssilva Full Member

Oct 21, 2015
    I would love to find a job where I could vape. I am new to vaping and have considered applying at vape shops, hopefully I will find one that is willing to train me because I'm quite willing to learn. Anyone else work at a vape shop and have any tips for someone applying with no retail experience? Catch-22 can't get experience without getting a job first.

12. RhynoRock

RhynoRock Senior Member

Oct 3, 2015
    I vape at work all the time. I'll usually sneak into the bathroom where the fan is and nobody suspects anything lol. Once my boss leaves I'll vape in the back area all night long and nobody cares.

13. Eric Auer

Eric Auer Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 14, 2014
    PA
    I dont Vape around other people or in places where they would be.

I'm trying to be polite.

Eric

14. Robert Cromwell

Robert Cromwell Moved On ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    Lowe's does not allow smoking or vaping on their property by employees. Even in the parking lot.

15. Matty316

Matty316 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 29, 2014
    Hull, England
    I can't vape at work it's a big downside to my job. I work in a aerosol factory so anything that could potentially explode or catch on fire is not allowed on site for obvious reasons (the site is the second most potentially explosive site in my county after the huge BP chemical plant we have). After my shift I find myself racing home as fast as I can so I can sit down, chill and have a vape.

16. Vaping_Racoon

Vaping_Racoon Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 31, 2015
    Montreal
    I can't speak too much about it... I hate to admit it...

BUT I DO. lulz

17. celticluvr

celticluvr Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    I do! I am a caretaker for a woman whose daughter smokes and vapes (she won't shop for juice online and we only have one vape store with crappy juice ) I can vape all day there. :p

18. JohnnyDill

JohnnyDill Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2013
    Uranus
    I vape all the time at my work. Nobody cares that I do it, I'm the only one who vapes there, and everyone else steps outside to smoke. SMH.....

19. AnsonJames

AnsonJames Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2011
    IRELAND
    It's banned in my workplace - but I vape like a trooper in my office.
    Feck 'em.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Version-Vapor-Vaper

Version-Vapor-Vaper Full Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Bro, I don't know what location you work at, but most of the MODs at my store smoke cigarettes right out in the parking lot or behind the store. When I vape I'm usually just sitting on the picnic tables or a riding lawnmower right outside the door.

Sh.!t, when I don't get a break, and that's often I just go to an aisle with no customers and blow clouds galore!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.