The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vaping at work. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'E-Cigarettes in Public' started by HazyDayz, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. johnkong

johnkong Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2011
    bastrop, TX
    One main reason I got back into vaping was because of work, they frown upon analogs, but PV are 'grey' area

2. LilWhiteClouder

LilWhiteClouder Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2015
    Raleigh, NC
    "We can't stop here, this is bat country!" - Like your profile pic:thumb:

Yes, I'm vaping at work (stealthily) right now. I hated the smell I gave off after puffing 'logs so I started using cigalikes to get me through the day. My boss caught me and told me I couldn't use them in office but I could head out with the smokers if I wanted too.

Now that I only vape, I discreetly puff away on my many devices in office. Though I still put together my mechs or larger box mod and blow clouds with my smoking coworkers outside about twice a day.

3. Gwardo

Gwardo Full Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I vape all day long at work :thumb::thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  4. SpaceApe

SpaceApe Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

I vape all day long at work.... one of my favorite benefits to working in the industry...

• Like Like x 1
  5. a9g

a9g Full Member

Jul 8, 2015
    California
    I can never vape in the morning but after lunch at work and until I go to bed!

6. Hitcat44

Hitcat44 mere Pawn in Game of Life Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 9, 2015
    Ft. Vape-WKY
    I'm specifically allowed to Vape at Work without Issue.
    I take full advantage of the Leeway & Privilege :thumbs:

7. isreah

isreah Full Member Verified Member

Aug 28, 2012
    oklahoma city
    I worked for a non-customer-facing job where I vaped all day at work with no issue. My last job was in retail and I was told that customers were allowed to vape, but not employees. I am now in a non-customer-facing job again (different company) and am being told that vaping is not allowed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. II_Kosmos_II

II_Kosmos_II Full Member

Jul 19, 2015
    Texas
    Have no problem vaping at work, However I stay out of customers view in the back office. My staff compliments the smells when they come into the office :D They like guessing what flavor I'm vaping that day.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Inni

Inni Senior Member ECF Veteran

Vaping is treated exactly like smoking where I work. :-x

I have an office of my own, so I could vape without bothering anyone - but it's against policy.

I do sneak a tootle puff here and there in the ladies room. :w00t:

Usually, I go outside to the smoking area to vape. :cry:

10. pdogreaper

pdogreaper Full Member Verified Member

Aug 8, 2015
    deer park
    where i'm at if they catch you smoking you are fired, have not asked about vaping but i'm sure it would be the same fate. that is the only good thing about the cigalikes is that they are small

11. II_Kosmos_II

II_Kosmos_II Full Member

Jul 19, 2015
    Texas

Fired? You have the right to do what you want with your lungs! That is so silly.

12. Daisychainvaper

Daisychainvaper Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2015
    I vape all day long in the office too. But mostly base only or only little flavor and asked my colleagues. Since I am the head of the departement, maybe they are afraid to say something against it haha.

13. LMS62

LMS62 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2014
    Mesa, AZ
    You're correct, you do have the right to do what you want with your lungs....but when it's on the employer's property, and employer's time, not so much.

• Like Like x 1
  14. newvaper92

newvaper92 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2015
    Jackson, Michigan
    I work at a summer camp, so I'm around kids all day, so a big NO to vaping. I have vaped on a rare occasion in a storage room or bathroom, but that was in the spring when I was basically the only one around. Luckily, I live there during the busy season, and have my own room (in the same building with 3-5 other staff depending on the week) so I can vape in my room without issue. None of my Co-workers are smokers or vapers, but nobody knows any better that I vape. One time the camp director's wife came up to ask me a question and I had been vaping, she commented that my room smelled so good... I told her I had my Scentsy warmer on (I did, but the wax had been in it for nearly a week, so it was most likely not the source of the smell LOL) I tend not to blow big clouds often, there is a smoke alarm directly outside my door (which does not seal well at all) and I don't want to try to explain why it is going off randomly... I keep my vape gear and juices put away, so the only way one would know it was there would be to go through my stuff, and at that point, it wouldn't be a wise choice to confront me about vaping. I've done it all summer and not had anyone question, except everyone always says my room smells good. I do the same at home but with my door open, and my parents have yet to even question it (never knew I smoked, and I've been vaping since March)

15. Moonlitwish

Moonlitwish Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2015
    Charlotte, NC, USA
    I occasionally stealth vape at my desk otherwise I go to the bathroom every hour because I drink so much water and take it with me. Not having pockets to hide my MVP in is a bit of a challenge though. I can have it on my desk and nobody says anything but I'm sure if our chief of staff saw me walking around the halls with it in my hand I'd be told to put it away. The only other person in the office that vapes does it in her office but she works for an independent contractor agent. I do love going to see her because she Vapes raspberry and it smells amazing in there!

16. hurricanegirl100

hurricanegirl100 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

McCoy, where are you getting peach angel food cake e-juice? That sounds really good!

17. YoursTruli

YoursTruli Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    It's something to see how much things have changed regarding vaping in offices/indoors at work over the last year since this thread was started. I guess I am not surprised the laws are catching up now and treating it the same as smoking.

18. Danrogers

Danrogers Super Member ECF Veteran

Things are changing, slowly but they are changing. A year ago it seemed like almost all employers treated vaping like smoking cigs. Who knows what the future will be for vaping at work? I for one used to enjoy going for a smoke and a coffee with friends at work.

19. bobwho77

bobwho77 Super Member ECF Veteran

May 8, 2014
    Ypsilanti mi
    I am working in a vape friendly machine shop. Mods (even cloud chasers) are OK on the plant floor, but analogs have to go outside

• Like Like x 1
  20. tjeco

tjeco Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 22, 2012
    Manila, Philippines
    Nope, unfortunately I do not have the luxury you have right now. lol, I work inside a bank branch and if I were to vape in here, damn I'm pretty sure HR is going to contact me with a pretty bad memo :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.