Status
Not open for further replies.

techtravis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2008
Michigan, USA
www.vaporstix.com
Target already is already carrying NJOY - at least target.com is. This has me worried enough. What's next? Wal-Mart carrying some other BS brand?

OTOH, it would probably be tough as sh*t for our back-asswards government to stop Wal-Mart from doing anything...:p

LMFAO at target.com selling Njoy.

But I must say, if someone wants to quit analog smokes that bad, and is willing to pay the premium for carts.. They will be tickled pink once they land here :)

ritalee76

ECF Veteran
Lemme just say that I HATE Wal-Mart. Its the closest thing to pure evil in this world. Since having seen someone's cool case made for USB's I decided to brave the evil and pick one up (along with some much-needed food and stuffs)...

Made it about 20 minutes without wanting some nicotine... Did I mention I HATE Wal-Mart? Took a quick puff, hold the vapor so no one noticed... Got away with that without so much as turning a single head and continued to puff away, keeping the vapor to a minimum all the way through, even in the check-out line. Not even ONE single glance.... Was n-i-c-e. Keep in mind, I'm trucking around the place with a 9 year old and two 7 year-old boys so I'm stressing anyway (Quit touching that is almost a mantra for me in those places)...

After the evil trip to the Wal-Mart, we then go to Taco Bell for a snack... Sat in the corner... kids are still chomping and I'm wanting my after dinner smoke... Once again, cover the light, breathe deep, hold in... no one noticed... and this was at the uppity taco-bell that thinks its a fine-dining establishment... :) Very happy indeed.

BTW, one of the twins always knows which flavor I'm puffing on... but he likes the smell... Have only had e-cigarettes for four days and I'm very happy with them. This morning, I thought I would want a "regular" cigarette when I first woke up. Took two drags and put it out in favor of vapor.

I honestly am surprised how much I DON'T want a "regular" smoke. The e-cigs were supposed to be for my plane trip coming up. Smoking is/was more than a habit for me, I freak out if I can't smoke. The e-cig was supposed to help with that on my upcoming trip, not totally replace cigarettes. I think it is doing just that though :D

Cali

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Arkansas
Walmart.com: Smokeless Solutions Starter Kit: Medicine Cabinet

WalMart does in fact sell electronic cigarettes now. Interestingly enough this is the product description:
Smokeless Solution The Electronic Cigarette Model SS-1:

* Smokeless Solutions Starter Kit includes Charger, Power Cord, Electronic Atomizer, Battery, and 10 Assorted Flavored Replacement Filter Tips
* Assortment includes Original Tobacco Strong, Medium, Light and Menthol Strong and Medium Nicotine
* No cancer-causing carcinogen or tar
* No smoker's breath
* Tobacco free, flame free
* Eliminates the danger of first or second hand smoke
Anyone else notice that first big red bold statement? Love or hate WalMart this is an absolute good thing for us as a community. If the retail giant is on board and they're making money (notice I said IF) then there's no way the FDA will win that battle. Wal Mart has enough political clout to squash this. I'm not saying our country is run by a retail chain but when the single largest retailer (worldwide) based in your country says "Hey we wana sell these" The government will listen. I haven't confirmed Target as a retailer for these yet but I'm still digging for them on their site as well. Anyhow just my two cents and the link that someone requested. :)

JKBonin

Moved On
Jan 4, 2010
NH
I was vaping away @ walmart the other day. The stock mgr & a stock guy stopped me to ask about it. Long story short, 1 is getting the Joye 510 from cignot, the other is gonna jump a few grades and go str8 to the Silver Bullet by Altsmoke. ( I was vaping my SB @ the time)

Um.. yeah. I'm ok with vaping where ever I happen to be. Nothing but positive reactions thus far.

JKBonin

Moved On
Jan 4, 2010
NH
I vape at w-mart all the time. But I vape everywhere! It's not difficult to do if you are even slightly discreet about it. no one is really paying that much attention, they are busy living thier own lives!

I love my SB, I really do. But discreet is not a word often used to describe it. 8-o

I vape wherever I am, and it has yet to be an issue. Anytime someone has asked about it, it has always turned into "where can I get one", because they, or someone they love, smokes.

cignot, wordupecig & Altsmoke are my favorite vendors. I alternate referring them to all those folks I meet.

Personally... I love being at the forefront of this revolution. I'm getting the chance to help ppl become MUCH healthier. Feels pretty damn good. :D

richnicepgc

Nov 11, 2009
Well-said friend, it ain't combustin anything so nobody should come bustin you ;-) But seriously its funny i happened on this thread, i never go to walmart 'cuz we dont have one closer than half an hour away but just happened to make my once-a-decade visit yesterday for something and having vaped in any non-funeral setting ive found myself in (aside from going to and coming from work, as I teach elementary school students and would never want them to see me with what looked like a cigarette, now THOSE might be individuals you could say, would not be well-served or fairly-served by (especially myself personally, having the responsibility for positive modeling of behaviors for their developing understanding of the world) a Vaping Vaper just assuming he or she can vape anywhere on God's multicolored Earth; but as for some employee at a business that is not full of impressionable children, man, come on-- who gives a what? I'm as polite as all get out to people who, say, work the cash register or the floor in a Walgreens or a Walmart or usher at a huge and high-priced theatre; if someone has a problem or concern about anything at all about me I want them to approach me about it so that we can sort it out like rational human beings, unless their problem is that they just don't like the way I look so they want to punch me j/k. Airplanes? Use common sense. Its been like fifteen years since you could smoke an analog on an airplane, obviously itd be at the very minimum a huge hassle for youself, the flight crew, and possibly the whole flight because they'll go on and land if theres a hint of a problematic passenger these days. Libraries? Kids there, and is it fair to take the librarians' time with the explanation? Naw dude, if youre checking it out not reading a whole book there, then you can survive the time inside the library sans nic-fix. Schools? Consciously allowing your behavior to leave children with a positive association of any kind with smoking cigarettes is a sin and a moral crime. Plus public school teachers aren;t trying to hear an explanation they see what they think they see; theyll be chewing you up, smacking you down, and kicking your @$$ out before you finish 1 pull LOL.
To try to contribute from my experience along the lines of Reign's important point about our need to know more about this thing we do, about as many of the facets of vaping as possible and there's no reason not to share experience-gleaned knowledge, for whatever its worth, with the community here. (Love y'all!)
I have pretty much (again, with important exceptions, especially minding the all-important responsibility each of us has to in no way decrease the aversion a child in this day and time should have to taking up smoking) ceased to pay much mind as to where I'm vaping; man, my vape tastes good to me, it smells good to anyone intimate enough with me t be in close enough to smell at all; GameStop; Stop&Shop; CVS; Walgreen's; WalMART; Best Buy; Trader Joes; Pier 1 Imports; Tar-jee; the movies; plays; and many other venues I wont waste time naming but those are all places where Ive had no prob vaping in; I think I explained once to an employee somewhere what the deal was, but that was 30 seconds worth of me speaking and then the employee was all 'ooh's and 'ah's haha. I got pulled over and you can guess if they wanted to know about my 510? Right. And the officer's reaction? How can I get down with this, I've been trying to quit smoking for years. Referred here for info and resources. Them's my experiences; if you put a pinch of thoughtfulness into your behavior, e.g. movie theatre or darkened playhouse? hold it so the LED is obscured by your hand, or you're being a jerk to everyone else. But otherwise, why would it be unfair to anyone else? One other person at the movie I went to knew I was vaping, the girl I went WITH who was sitting next to me. So, Keef, to each his own, I say, but I also say I am totally satisfied that I maintain the consideration for others that I was brought up to show, and always go out of my way to be pleasant to others; and it doesn't clash with me vaping (almost) wherever I want. Sorry so long everyone. Big CONGRATULATIONS to our former smokers saving money and tacking years onto their bodily expiration date! And ECF rocks I thank every member for the essence of Reign's excellent point about the power we each gain when we all pool our resources-- knowledge from experience, often being the most valuable resource one can be given. God Bless.
-Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread