Vaping...More harm then good? For me yes...Im done!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DebW

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
California
I can't believe that I sat here for four hours and read through this entire thread. Very educational, once you wade through the hysterical posts. A part of me wishes that the FDA and the ALA would spend time on researching the long-term effects of vaping. But then I am reminded via the media of how our esteemed government manages to screw everything up royally. I'm glad they're ignoring us right now because I have no desire to pay exorbitant taxes on my juices or my equipment, thank you very much.

As for the side effects, mine have been very mild.

Majestic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2009
N.E. Wisconsin
I can't believe that I sat here for four hours and read through this entire thread. Very educational, once you wade through the hysterical posts. A part of me wishes that the FDA and the ALA would spend time on researching the long-term effects of vaping. But then I am reminded via the media of how our esteemed government manages to screw everything up royally. I'm glad they're ignoring us right now because I have no desire to pay exorbitant taxes on my juices or my equipment, thank you very much.

As for the side effects, mine have been very mild.

My thoughts exactly! Although testing would be nice, I feel the government would just use this as an opportunity to recoup the taxes they are losing on the decline of analog sales. As much as Uncle Sam says cigarettes are bad for you, they enjoy the taxes to pay for their pork budgets.

LibertariaNate

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
Utah

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa

ltdpdx

Aug 24, 2011
Oregon
I specifically didn't read health threads before I bought my first ecig (mild hypochondria).
After a couple of days of vaping I got: sores in my mouth, itched like crazy, felt as though I smoked like 5 analogs at once, sore muscles, and had extremely dry mouth, throat, and lips. I stopped on the 4th day of quitting analogs.
2 days Later...
Now I'm back to normal.
Im really hoping it's a PG allergy or Nicotine Overdose and that I will be able to get a very low nic juice that's 100% PG Free. Also I hope I'm not allergic to VG, because the vaping really did it. I didn't want an analog for 4 days. That is impressive to me.

ltdpdx

Aug 24, 2011
Oregon
OMG Just looked on Blu's Website for their disposable and it is PG Free(told you, mild hypo), but the nicotine level is 24 MG
(which wasn't stated on the packaging for the disposable). Yikes! No wonder I was wigging out. I smoke marb lights and I'm a PAD or 1/2 PAD on uneventful days.

I would even just take two hits at a time(from the blu) when my friends would light up, instead of vaping the whole time it took for them to finish their analogs. I'm thinking nicotine can be dangerous, if not dosed properly(just like caffeine or OTC drugs). I've never thought about this before, because I pretty much stick to the same cig all the time, which I believe has a regulated nicotine level.

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv
hoo boy I hope butterscotch doesn't give me a reaction. Thanks for that heads up @MichelleDen I did hear that about cinnamon.

My fear is that when my vg juice arrives, I am going to have the same bad hives reaction as I do to pg.... I guess at that point, I will have to look at the flavors. What else?

Being very stressed out or worrying about something can also give you hives
as it used to do to me. I had previously attributed it to the PG when it had nothing to do with base products.
C.B.

MadmanMacguyver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Dallas Texas
many people who think they are allergic to VG are actually allergic to sulfites...just go buy a lower end bottle of wine that contains sulfites and take a small sip...if you have a reaction go see an allergist and pay attention to what you intake...sulfites are in a good many foods (not just wine and some VG) and can cause everything from hives to a flush and itching

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv
I specifically didn't read health threads before I bought my first ecig (mild hypochondria).
After a couple of days of vaping I got: sores in my mouth, itched like crazy, felt as though I smoked like 5 analogs at once, sore muscles, and had extremely dry mouth, throat, and lips. I stopped on the 4th day of quitting analogs.
2 days Later...
Now I'm back to normal.
Im really hoping it's a PG allergy or Nicotine Overdose and that I will be able to get a very low nic juice that's 100% PG Free. Also I hope I'm not allergic to VG, because the vaping really did it. I didn't want an analog for 4 days. That is impressive to me.

What happened to you happens to most vapers in the first days and weeks of switching from analogues.
Nicotine overdose is a serious event and yes if your just starting and selected a high level such as 24 you may have a reaction as I did simply from using a product I wasn't familiar with and I wasn't aware of about what stopping my cigarette intake can do to a body.
Using 24mg of nicotine shouldn't have made you "wig out" and by that my definition is having to go to the hospital because of significant problems suddenly. You may have gotten an small increase in pulse rate, breathing heart rate but not enough to warrant an emergency room visit imo. Personally I don't think nicotine is all that dangerous or addictive when used responsibly as most vapers use it and neither is caffeine for most individuals.
C.B.

Last edited:

scheherezade

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
VA Beach
It's not really that far a stretch to believe that some people simply cannot vape. I love vaping it saved my life. But just like anything else in this world, like drug and food allergies, some people can tolerate it some can't. It's important to recognize that. If you went to your Dr. and he tried to give you pennicillian when you were allergic, you wouldn't take it, despite the fact that it had saved many peoples lives. Yes, medical symptoms should be checked, but it is also entirely possible that in his case it is the vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread