Vaping...More harm then good? For me yes...Im done!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
I haven't made it through the whole thing but the majority of it; but just want to say> My hubby gave up smoking three yrs ago because of tightness in his chest and difficulty breathing. He used Chantix and has done extremely well, so proud of him. Yet when he thought the return of those symtoms came from a cold from leaving the window open on a cool night he did not go to see a doctor until on a warm Wed afternoon he came in from mowing one strip of our yard profusely sweating! We went and checked his blood preasure, 180/91 . It was the forbearer of a heart attack that we believe was actually begun 3 yrs prior when he had his first symptoms. His doctor said one of his arteries could not be repaired it had been blocked so long. He is only 45!

If you have any new "symptoms" no matter what you are doing, see a DOCTOR! It may save your life! He never vaped by the way. I have not found a single doctor tell me not to vape if it meant I was not using analogs and we've seen quite a few.

That is about the best recommendation that could be made. Hopefully Hubby will be okay.

MichelleDen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Denmark
Sammy: Ive heard alot of feedback of negative reactions to butterscotc and cinnamon flavours, just fyi. I get little teeny tiny bumps on my chest, shoulders, face and back. Im scared its the vaping, have tried cutting certain foods, different flavours, all sorts.. Lately its gone down much. I diy and have been on both vg ang pg, sometimes straight up, some times mixed.. Think it was at its worst on mostly pg blend.. Now im on mostly vg and its relaxed much.. I got a vg type from the farmacist, not very thick and used it for a long time. My bumps were extreme.... It got better when i stopped using it... So for me its not just a matter of pg or vg, but where i get it from, cus they vary in thickness, depending on who made it...
Come september ive been vaping a year, it started around the 6 month mark....

ScooterGirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
CT
Oh my goodness!

I am still waiting for my vg juice sigh

come ON clouds of vapor

You can have mine! I just got 15ML of both Cherry Tobacco and Carmel Tobacco, 18mg strength. I thought I'd give it a try because VG gives more vapor but they are both way too sweet for me. I guess I really am a BWB Casablanca girl all the way.

MichelleDen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Denmark
Your welcome, gotta be as informed as possible right....At one point i was shure it was flavours, so vaped no flavour for a while.. didnt really get noticable changes, and oh boy it was good to use flavour again. I use spearmint, bubblegum and the one called oba oba..

I have come too the sad conclusion its the jiuce in general for me.. I chainvape and its just too much for my body.. Still feel SO much better than when i smoked. I was at the point where i had trouble breathing at night, when i tried to go to sleep. Felt heavy and a lot of work.. It lifted only days into vaping. If only i could dial it down so my skin could clear up..

The vg though isnt hard on the throat like pg is, and it doesnt dry you out as much. Hope something new comes up at some point....

Grandma SJA

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2010
kc mo
I love vaping but am slowly learning to put it up and just use it when I feel that feeling that I need something.
I smoked two packs a day and I am very glad that vaping came to me a year ago and have not smoked
cigs since. I also still have a few worries about vaping, but it has slowly let me go to no nic. I still cough
once in awhile if I don't drink water, and I have problems with gas building up on my stomach that I never had before
and am sure it is from vaping, as when I do not vape , it goes away. But I feel so good and can breathe
so much better than when I smoked. It may effect some people good, some bad, but I thank God for vaping every day
as I have lost alot of the major health problems I had from smoking. I think with vaping you must go to the guys that
know what they are doing and buy good juices and good products and don't be afraid to let people know if it does
not work for you. Everyone is different and their are good dealers as well as the bad ones, just like in any other business.
You are only 30 years old and I would take my health very serious and good luck to you. I hope all this clears up
and then you will know. If not please go to doctor. God Bless.

Fernand

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Californeea
FWIW, I switched to > 90% VG, 5% max flavoring, and feel better. No more dry throat. No longer sleepy. No stomach acid/upset. Frankly, PG is kind of nice, relaxing, but I'm not sure it belongs in e-cigs. I kind of forgot for a bit, because I had some PG premix I liked, but the side-effects came back. Whoops. Back to VG.

Nicotine ? cut down from 48 to under 10 mg/ml. The only reason for still keeping some is almost sentimental. But I no longer scramble to look for the vape, and some of my juices are just VG with a few drops flavoring. I think most people should just get a bottle of VG with a lot of nicotine, say 50 mg/ml, and a big bottle of plain old VG, and a few tiny bottles of flavoring, a few plastic bottles to mix in, and that's it. Cheap, simple, tastes good.

My blood pressure improved a couple months after I started vaping, from 155/100 down to 125/82 most of the time with no beta blockers or thiazides. I know not to go near cigarettes, cigars. I quit THOSE the first day I got a vape stick down at the 7-11. Good riddance.

BTW, can someone point me to people that have a bad reaction to VG? BTW I think it's too small a molecule to be a true "sensitizer" (as in allergy), so what exactly are people experiencing?

Last edited:

MichelleDen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Denmark
FWIW, I switched to > 90% VG, 5% max flavoring, and feel better. No more dry throat. No longer sleepy. No stomach acid/upset. Frankly, PG is kind of nice, relaxing, but I'm not sure it belongs in e-cigs. I kind of forgot for a bit, because I had some PG premix I liked, but the side-effects came back. Whoops. Back to VG.

Nicotine ? cut down from 48 to under 10 mg/ml. The only reason for still keeping some is almost sentimental. But I no longer scramble to look for the vape, and some of my juices are just VG with a few drops flavoring. I think most people should just get a bottle of VG with a lot of nicotine, say 50 mg/ml, and a big bottle of plain old VG, and a few tiny bottles of flavoring, a few plastic bottles to mix in, and that's it. Cheap, simple, tastes good.

My blood pressure improved a couple months after I started vaping, from 155/100 down to 125/82 most of the time with no beta blockers or thiazides. I know not to go near cigarettes, cigars. I quit THOSE the first day I got a vape stick down at the 7-11. Good riddance.

BTW, can someone point me to people that have a bad reaction to VG? BTW I think it's too small a molecule to be a true "sensitizer" (as in allergy), so what exactly are people experiencing?

48????? OMG if i vape over 20 i get extremely sick and have to lie down.... I allways stay under 15. The nic level has alot to do with several sideeffects... 48 is extremely unhealthy and ment for diy'ers, that cut it. It comes with ekstra warninglabels saying you do NOT want to get it on your hands in its uncut form... I am very shocked to hear there are people taking it straight up... Wouldnt recommend it.

Everyone is different and needs to find what works for them. As a general rule, I think more PG than VG is better, but if you do better with VG, it's better than smoking. As for nic level, the same - what works for you !

It's a pity there is no one size fits all, but there most definetely is not; it's a pain that one must work it out, but that's how it is, but it doesn't take too long.

Smokig was a complex cocktail that we did for various reasons; and people seemngly react dirrently to PG and VG; some may never be able to take to nic only e-liquids, but many can. It's an enormous step forward for most people, even if not as straightforward as we'd like.

------------

Ron Paul, 2012

Last edited:

MichelleDen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Denmark
Dude you can OD on caffeine too.... if consumed in big enough portions.. Heart attack. I tried 36 once. 2-3 puffs and got so dissy i had to lie down, i was laughing about it but then my heart started pounding like it would pop out my chest. It took several minutes before it relaxed again.. Man it was nasty... Didnt you know nicotine can do that? Or maybe you just like that feeling? Or have a strong heart...

Fernand

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Californeea
Kinabaloo, a propos, where do I find the most succinct and technical statement for a professional of where we stand with the "missing alkaloids" issue? Extraction from tobacco with sep funnel, solvents, salt<->freebase etc - are people happy with the end-product? Is that what they call WTA? Does anyone offer it? Are indoles shown to be present? Wading through kitchen recipes and debates is hard if you are short on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread