Sep 15, 2013
KY
DIC
HC
FC
PWC
PBC

:lol::lol:

The quest to meet the desires of all will never end, Opinionated. My admiration to you and begging for, not another acronym, but merely a crust of bread.

@Eskie and @suprtrkr

Okay... so Ive added this:

Drop-in Coil = A coil made in a factory that simply screws into the bottom of your tank.

Handmade Coil - A coil you built yourself at home.

Factory coil = atomizer contained within a housing that you purchase from a factory, the same manufacturer will have also built the tank it goes with.

Pre-Wrapped coil
- A coil that you buy that someone has already wrapped - not handmade, but rather wrapped in a factory somewhere. There is no housing or wicking with it, you provide that yourself and use it on an rba, RTA or RTA etc.

Pre-Built coil
- a coil that is made in a factory but comes with no housing or wicking material. You provide that yourself. Interchangeably used with pre-wrapped coil.

Any changes to that you want me to make?

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
MTL - mouth to Lung

DTL - direct to lung

RTA - rebuildable tank atomozer

RDA - rebuildable drip atomizer

ohm - resistance of coil

the above are a few I have seen asked about frequently

I had the others, but I added ohm and sub ohm.. :) Thank you for your input.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
MORW = Mod of ridiculous wattage
Quad Coil = Seriously, no one needs four coils.
Cloud Competition = Underachievers Anonymous
Premium Juice = Your about to get your pocket picked or Juice marketed to the same people who buy Civet cat poop coffee.
Mech Mod = A mod with no substantial safety features resulting in the death of 99% of users.
AVR = Average Vape Reviewer = Been vaping for 30 minutes, decides to be a reviewer with a unique home boy twist B%#@HES!
Steamer Biscuit = A fart while vaping.

I added two of your suggestions, AVR and MORW ... :) Very funny suggestions..

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Ohh.. WOW
I'm the newbie that asked for this.
You guys and gals are awesomely impressive!!

I humbly suggest that a link to this thread be stickied (not sure how to conjugate that word) in the New Members Forum / New Members Information.
HipG

Only the admins can make this sticky, and I'm not sure they will. They recently did a huge clean-up so likely this won't make a sticky. .. but it's here and can be linked in any forum, so it will have the ability to help those who need it.

As for what you said otherwise. While you were the one who asked, you weren't the first person to feel confused by the lingo, nor will you be the last.

Much like any new thing, the internet for example, an entire language is developing (or has developed ) around vaping. I'm sure your old enough to remember a time when "text" had a completely different meaning than it does today.

As such, it takes a while for new vapers to figure it all out, and I did this to make it easier for all new vapers.

Vaping saved my life. I couldn't breathe well enough to make it to my own mailbox without taking several rest breaks and I was going downhill fast. I was turning blue just trying to clean house. I had made years worth of quit attempts and nothing had worked, nothing. Not chantix, not hypnosis nor the myriad of other things and medications I tried. I was dying slowly and miserably.

Vaping was the only thing that ever worked. In June I will hAve been cigarette free for 4 years. And I can't remember a day in my life where I could breathe this well... my health has done a complete 180.

And it hasn't done that just for me, my son left a three pack a day habit behind him, my brother in law, two of my sisters in law, and my husband... vaping has gotten all of us away from cigarettes - something that amazes us every single day.

I want to see people helped... and vaping can do that. So I will help in anyway I can to make new vapers feel comfortable and understand what we are trying to say. its important. My husband sometimes tells me I'm speaking Chinese... lol.. so I have to slow down and explain better.

This is me slowing down and explaining better...

I wish you well in your journey. I hope you stick around... there is a lot to learn around here.. and your right, the people here are some of the best people on earth.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Of course you'll need to add the definition for modding now. lol

Yeah I thought about that - but at current moment I'm having an omelet. .. lol.

If I can still edit after breakfast I'll add modding, if not they can look it up themselves if they want, it's not like it'll apply to any vaper who just started vaping. Definitely not essential knowledge. ..

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Opinionated just keep a master list. You can always repost it on the thread, and maybe in the new members forum once, as a full list when done and the mods can view its full glory and sticky it :) Just a suggestion... :)

Anna

We can't post new threads in New members forum...

But yes, I just plan on linking, or others linking to this thread when a new member seems to need it.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Have you visited the new members forum lately?:shock::lol:

I just went over there for the first time in years. It brought back to me how daunting it all was when thinking of leaving a cig-a-like tube and cartridge. Get a REO, get a Provari and you will find heaven right there in Kentucky. Some very helpful people got me started on more satisfying products, now I call them "enablers". The ever tolerant Mrs CMD calls them the equivalent of con men and says that I am proof there is a sucker born every minute, even if that minute was almost seventy-three years ago.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hope none of the female modders reads that post. We'll need to break out the popcorn.

Lol... I honestly don't know who mods and who doesn't - I've never been even a little interested in that aspect of vaping.

The things I create get put in picture frames on walls or on the dining room table. Creativity for me ends there and has never once extended to the woodshop.

I think the girls would forgive my naivety. .. :)

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Drop in coil and or blister pack coil and or just coil is confusing.
A coil is a coiled piece of wire nothing more. A coil does not come pre wicked ready to mount & vape.
Almost every vape supplier sells pre made coils for RBA use.
Could be a coil of any wire type or any standard to fancy coil type used in an RBA of some sort.

Replaceable atomizer head, used in delivery devices / clearomizers, tanks etc...
A single replaceable unit that is threaded or pushed into the base of a delivery device, a metal body containing coil(s) & wicking material with holes or slots in the body to allow liquid to absorb into the wicking material. Comes ready to prime, thread or push into base & vape.
RAH or head for short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread