Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Right. Sorta. That's one way they're called which is accurate but frequently folks will just say "my tank from xyz other a 0.5 ohm coil" confuses me. Maybe it's just me so don't worry but the rba thing is a thing. It's like "I got an RBA from my baby beast", so I'm not sure it's a good all inclusive abbreviation for anything rebuildable and lopping rda and rta into it.

But I've never heard any older vapers talk with confusing terminology like that... it's usually newbies that are so confusing..

How do you think it's best worded.. ? I've always called any factory tank that takes factory coils a drop-in tank and I call factory coils drop in coils, when I speak about building on a factory tank that either has an rba deck or a drop in coil I always specify what kind of coil, drop-in or handmade. ..

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
That's what I thought. But post 1 has it as an all inclusive abbreviation.

And when can I have a slice of bread please?

It used to be more all inclusive. .. I'll add rba deck as well to the list...

And I'll check to see if I've listed drop-in coils - I know i listed drop-in tank..

You'll have to come here for bread.. lol.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
But I've never heard any older vapers talk with confusing terminology like that... it's usually newbies that are so confusing..

How do you think it's best worded.. ? I've always called any factory tank that takes factory coils a drop-in tank and I call factory coils drop in coils, when I speak about building on a factory tank that either has an rba deck or a drop in coil I always specify what kind of coil, drop-in or handmade. ..
I tend to use "drop-in" and "pre-built" interchangeably.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
That's what I thought. But post 1 has it as an all inclusive abbreviation.

And when can I have a slice of bread please?

Okay, Ive added Drop-in coils, Handmade coils, and RBA deck.. see if that seems better to you or if you feel something else or more clarification needs added..

And you may have missed my edit before, but I did mention you need to come here for that slice of bread.. lol

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I lean towards pre-built myself. I've seen pre-made used for loose coils prewrapped for installation on an RTA or RDA deck (or in an RBA).

Thats the only time Ive ever used pre-made before, was for the prewrapped coils you buy.. and since I don't use them and rarely suggest anyone do, I am not sure ive much ever used that.. lol

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
@Eskie and @suprtrkr

Okay... so Ive added this:

Drop-in Coil = A coil made in a factory that simply screws into the bottom of your tank.

Handmade Coil - A coil you built yourself at home.

Factory coil = atomizer contained within a housing that you purchase from a factory, the same manufacturer will have also built the tank it goes with.

Pre-Wrapped coil
- A coil that you buy that someone has already wrapped - not handmade, but rather wrapped in a factory somewhere. There is no housing or wicking with it, you provide that yourself and use it on an RBA, RTA or RTA etc.

Pre-Built coil
- a coil that is made in a factory but comes with no housing or wicking material. You provide that yourself. Interchangeably used with pre-wrapped coil.

Any changes to that you want me to make?

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

Thanks for reminding me of that.. my son actually uses those. He gets unflavored ejuice and then those flavor shots because he can add what he wants. He likes that better than factory juice..

I almost forgot about those things! hahaha

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Ohh.. WOW
I'm the newbie that asked for this.
You guys and gals are awesomely impressive!!

I humbly suggest that a link to this thread be stickied (not sure how to conjugate that word) in the New Members Forum / New Members Information.
HipG
We aim to please, Hip :)

Seriously, though, we really do try to help our n00bs here. That's primarily because a) we're all vapers, and reformed smokers, and we spread the Word like religious converts; and b) because we remember the "old hands" who helped us over the rough spots when we were n00bs. Think of this as an attempt to repay, in tiny, tiny measure, the kindness we were offered in conjunction to the lifesaving gift of no longer smoking.

We owe you, too: it was you who pointed out a place where we could do a better job. From me, and I am sure from everyone, thank you.

And especially thanks to @Opinionated who took the project on, and who has, with a bit of help, turned it into something worth having.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
MORW = Mod of ridiculous wattage
Quad Coil = Seriously, no one needs four coils.
Cloud Competition = Underachievers Anonymous
Premium Juice = Your about to get your pocket picked or Juice marketed to the same people who buy Civet cat poop coffee.
Mech Mod = A mod with no substantial safety features resulting in the death of 99% of users.
AVR = Average Vape Reviewer = Been vaping for 30 minutes, decides to be a reviewer with a unique home boy twist B%#@HES!
Steamer Biscuit = A fart while vaping.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nermal

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Also would hurt to expand on drip tip with sizes. 510 and 810.

Okay... so I did a couple of things. I expanded drip tips to include size, and I way expanded flavor shots because your right, not every company calls them flavor shots because that is technically a brand name... although the kids are saying flavor shots regardless of the brand much like calling any plastic storage container as tupperware, I did think we should expand it to call it something other than a brand so I added:

Shake and Vape Flavor Concentrates - since I've heard them called that as well...

and that keeps a divide between those and regular flavorings which are also called flavor concentrates.

We need a little DIY section too for all the DIY flavoring brands since absolutely no one writes out the brand names.. I'll work on that today.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
@Opinionated the bread looks delicious and the crust is perfection. I personally am in awe of this chore you've taken on.:wub:

:) Thank you for the compliment.

I finally got the wire types and coils up there...

any more suggestions? It wont let me edit forever.. lol... We are probably down to the last couple hours Ill be able to edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread