Vaping works, but is ban coming? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgcitizen001

Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
Ferrol
I've been a 1.5 pack analogs a day 20 years smoker till I started vaping in Jan this year. Haven't bought any analogs since and occasionally have the odd analogs when with friends.

I've tried quitting analogs for years with most 'approved' methods but they all failed, and vaping is the only successful alternative I'm confident will work this time, finally.

Been reading lots on vaping nice I started and the worrying thing is, it seems there is a strong lobby to get e-cig banned, and WHO even recommended countries to ban e-cig, in which the country I reside in unfortunately is one of those dumb ones that has e-cig on the ban list. My question is, are there any e-cig bodies out there strong enough to fight this stupidity? :(

........................Hey man !.That's a very good question. Quite a controversial issue here in ECF. So let me start by saying there are several ways of answering.............Wait ......I've just got an important call.....gotta go....talk later my rock n roll brother:D

Oh by the way. You can't trap the fire phoenix. That'd by crazy right ?...

Last edited:

UsArmyfl

Mar 28, 2013
Grand Rapids Mi
I think it is very possible.. When you hear about a scientist inventing engines that run on water (hydrogen) they suddenly disappear or "commit suicide". Oil companies can't have that. There is a volkswagon in the UK that claims to get around 75mpg, guess what? Banned from importation here in the U.S. Big tobacco will be just like big oil and try as hard as they can to ban these.

usarmyfl

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
I don't really care theres no shops that sell ecig swag where i live anyway. I buy online and somebody somewhere will always be selling vaping supplies thru mail so its whatever. If they banned e cigs they'd have to logically ban real cigarettes and we all know that's not gonna happen so...even if it were banned from public places I'd still vape cuz no cops are gonna enforce it.

yotasavg

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Chico, CA
I don't really care theres no shops that sell ecig swag where i live anyway. I buy online and somebody somewhere will always be selling vaping supplies thru mail so its whatever. If they banned e cigs they'd have to logically ban real cigarettes and we all know that's not gonna happen so...even if it were banned from public places I'd still vape cuz no cops are gonna enforce it.

That's kind of how I see it as well... there will be someone willing to sell it online thru mail.

Joseph0280

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arcadia, CA
That's why you stock up at least 6months supply. Lmao! There's a thread on here that's says that too. I did it. 30x 10ml bottles of the flavored I like the most ATM. Trust me man. Tabbacco companies are not gonna let this happen. They're already losing too much money. And they don't let anyone ..... with their money.

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
I've been a 1.5 pack analogs a day 20 years smoker till I started vaping in Jan this year. Haven't bought any analogs since and occasionally have the odd analogs when with friends.

I've tried quitting analogs for years with most 'approved' methods but they all failed, and vaping is the only successful alternative I'm confident will work this time, finally.

Been reading lots on vaping nice I started and the worrying thing is, it seems there is a strong lobby to get e-cig banned, and WHO even recommended countries to ban e-cig, in which the country I reside in unfortunately is one of those dumb ones that has e-cig on the ban list. My question is, are there any e-cig bodies out there strong enough to fight this stupidity? :(

CASAA fights for us. They have a UK section on their forum, but there's no activity on it at the moment. :(

Become a member here Become a CASAA Member

Join the forum here http://forum.casaa.org/viewforum.php

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Now why would "Big Tobacco" want to eliminate e-cigarettes? Several have already bought into or are developing e-cigs of their own, for crying out loud.

Read the news. Ever see that commercial for Blu cigarettes? Those are owned/made by a tobacco company in conjunction with Johnson Creek e-juice. There are several other BT companies jumping on board, too. Even Swisher cigars is getting in on the trend.

The really BIG enemies of vaping and e-cigs is Big Pharma. And ANTZ, of course.

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
Now why would "Big Tobacco" want to eliminate e-cigarettes? Several have already bought into or are developing e-cigs of their own, for crying out loud.

Read the news. Ever see that commercial for Blu cigarettes? Those are owned/made by a tobacco company in conjunction with Johnson Creek e-juice. There are several other BT companies jumping on board, too. Even Swisher cigars is getting in on the trend.

The really BIG enemies of vaping and e-cigs is Big Pharma. And ANTZ, of course.

BT doesn't necessarily want to eliminate e-cigs. What they do want to eliminate is competition. They are backing legislation for taxes and licenses that would eliminate some of our smaller business people (mom and pop shops---I'm trying to find the link to what I'm saying)

I am not saying BP isn't our worst enemy, just not our only enemy.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah

Online sale of e-cigs is one of the probable targeted arias. There are several states trying to ban on line sales right now. (California & Oklahoma) Utah tried but failed to pass a law restricting e-cig sales to face to face transactions a month ago.
    So I would strongly suggest that folks start caring.

Thompson

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    North of NorCal
    Online sale of e-cigs is one of the probable targeted arias. There are several states trying to ban on line sales right now. (California & Oklahoma) Utah tried but failed to pass a law restricting e-cig sales to face to face transactions a month ago.

Do you have any information on this Cali Online Ban?

I've tried searching for it but the current bill they are working on doesn't include online sales AFAIK. It seems to essentially be a public smoking ban applied to PVs.

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2011
    The OC
    The whole idea is so damn frustrating!! But I figured out how much money I'd be making Marlboro lose if I lived another 30 years. I think they are going to do anything they can to get it back. *sigh* if I lose my ability to vape, I can promise you, I will never give "them" another penny.

Anyone doubt BTs motivation here:

Being VERY conservative....
    17,456 ACTIVE Members here...
    1 Pack/day
    $5/pack

That's
    $87,000.00 a day
    $31,879,020.00 a year
    $637,580,400.00 over the next 20 years

Less conservative(More realistic?)
    125,125 Members here... many vapers don't even know ECF exists
    1 Pack/day ... average consumption
    $9/pack ... getting more common, also accounts for inflation

That's
    $1,126,125.00 a day
    $411,035,625.00 a year
    $8,220,712,500.00 over the next 20 years

That's right... 8.2 Billion... With a B...

Put in perspective... that's enough money to buy:
    20,681 Lamborghini Aventadors
    86,992 Mercedes S550s
    339,488 Honda Civic SIs

or...

More than 32,882,850 Caravelas...

Yeah... they have motivation.

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    Illinois

If you have more info than CASAA: Call to Action! California E-Cigarette Usage Ban -- SB 648 (UPDATED), you need to let them (and us) know about it.

ETA OK IS trying to make online orders to be illegal http://blog.casaa.org/2013/03/call-to-action-oklahoma-bill-to-tax-e.html

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread