Status
Not open for further replies.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
We have a local vape store here where i live in london ky that has been around for quite a few years now and has expanded to several other cities in ky. They do have a radio commercial that gets aired quite frequently as well.

One of the local shops used to do ads, but they were focused on vape gear with a line about switching from smoking.

The Juul ad plays repeatedly on a radio station my mom likes. That’s all ‘I quit smoking with Juul ‘ testimonials. All the people sound older and generally say stuff the I say, like how I smoked for decades, tried everything to quit, nothing worked, what have I got to lose...

It’s a good message I think. Before I vaped I didn’t want to hear about a blow out sale on sub ohms and what the latest mods were. I didn’t even know what they were talking about lol.

Doctorvapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2017
I actually just got a juul pod compatible device with refillable pods and while its not my main device or not even my main pod.. It is what i use when i go out because it is so small and has such small vapor.. Anyhow, i think thats great any step forward is the right step. I just got upset becsuse i actually saw a news story something about a family suing juul..

Reactions: DeloresRose

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
JUUL is the first e-cigarette in recent memory to get massive radio ad time on the radio, probably because since they have joined forces with Big Tobacco (Altria?) they now have the financial resources to pay for radio time. Previous cigalikes from Blue and Vuse got some media advertising because tobacco companies have the advertising budgets to do so.

Although I don't support Big Tobacco, I think it is good for smokers who may be ready to quit to know that vaping is a healthier alternative to smoking.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I thought the rules were strict about that. Can't say it's healthier than smoking, or that it can be used to get off smoking, without applying to the FDA and getting approved. I read the other day that even heat not burn hadn't got that level of approval. Maybe the rules don't apply to friends of BT or people who write big checks.

Cooperant

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2018
I thought the rules were strict about that. Can't say it's healthier than smoking, or that it can be used to get off smoking, without applying to the FDA and getting approved. I read the other day that even heat not burn hadn't got that level of approval. Maybe the rules don't apply to friends of BT or people who write big checks.
THEY don't say that. Random people they provide with a podium supply a personal testimonial with emotional terms that can be taken to mean anything. Pretty much how the concerned citizens political ads work.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
THEY don't say that. Random people they provide with a podium supply a personal testimonial with emotional terms that can be taken to mean anything. Pretty much how the concerned citizens political ads work.

OK. So they kind of slide around the rules. Still a bit surprised they get away with it.

• Agree
Reactions: Cooperant

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Vype sponsorship in Formula 1. Vype is a Juul alternative vape brand also owned by big tobacco. Sports sponsorship is no chump change, and F1 is probably one of the more expensive. Analysis claim the side tub is worth ~$9m US alone. That’s a lot of pods!!

Vype.jpg

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
OK. So they kind of slide around the rules. Still a bit surprised they get away with it.

They can do it until they get a warning letter to knock it off and maybe pay a fine. In the meantime they get months of advertising out of it, so from a business perspective it's an acceptable tradeoff. Which is why BT is so poorly trusted, walking close to and even over the line is something they're perfected over decades.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Advertising commercials are like that. Read the fine print on TV commercials (which doesn't display for very long at all..) for example, there's a big difference between the printed words and spoken words..

mac-nutty

Moved On
    Mar 2, 2019
    pub
    Vype sponsorship in Formula 1. Vype is a Juul alternative vape brand also owned by big tobacco. Sports sponsorship is no chump change, and F1 is probably one of the more expensive. Analysis claim the side tub is worth ~$9m US alone. That’s a lot of pods!!

View attachment 813745
    i keep looking at this photo it really looks like a RC
    just me?

but i haven't watch racing for a decade at leased

basilia

Moved On
    May 24, 2019
    • Deleted by classwife
    • Reason: Spam
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread