Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
They can't stop me from making my own.
The cat got out of the bag a long time ago.

Here, try this.
http://www.howder.com/dena_howto.pdf

Sure... There will Always be the availability to build a mod yourself.

But probably 99.98% of the people who use an e-Cigarette Don't have the Knowledge or Expertise to make a mod from scratch.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I disagree, now while the "Dena" is a bit complicated, there are much easier mods to build.
    minimalmod.jpg

• Optimistic
    Reactions: Letitia

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I disagree, now while the "Dena" is a bit complicated, there are much easier mods to build.
    minimalmod.jpg

I Hope if someone wants to Quit Smoking, that it Never Comes to that.

LOL

But with some of the People we have in Government, maybe it will?

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    The last bit in that article speaks volumes.

Tong said the investigation would determine whether Juul has "done enough" to mitigate the damage, which he said has already "been done."

"They dominate 80 to 90% of this marketplace, and we have a youth vaping epidemic that is sweeping the country," he said. "We need to understand the extent to which they are responsible.

"We're gonna hold them accountable."

To me, it looks like the gooberment fat lady is nearing the stage.
    I have a real problem with the phrase "youth vaping epidemic". Scare tactics is all it is. The bottom line is vaping takes customers cash away from tobacco companies. There has been a "youth SMOKING epidemic" from the first day people smoked tobacco. Nearly every lifelong smoker (tobacco customer) started smoking at an early age. Where was all the outrage then? There wasn't. Its a fact smoking tobacco kills. But that is not what the government is concerned with. Tobacco companies pay the government a LOT of money to keep their products on the market. We all know this and I know I'm just preaching to the choir.

FoolishMortal

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 19, 2013
    Down Yonder
    I have a real problem with the phrase "youth vaping epidemic". Scare tactics is all it is. The bottom line is vaping takes customers cash away from tobacco companies. There has been a "youth SMOKING epidemic" from the first day people smoked tobacco. Nearly every lifelong smoker (tobacco customer) started smoking at an early age. Where was all the outrage then? There wasn't. Its a fact smoking tobacco kills. But that is not what the government is concerned with. Tobacco companies pay the government a LOT of money to keep their products on the market. We all know this and I know I'm just preaching to the choir.

I agree, except for one point:

The bottom line is vaping takes customers cash away from tobacco companies.

It's not tobacco companies anymore. It's taking customers' cash from whomever the leaders of the 2 entrenched political parties have decided should "win", with those leaders having a financial and political interest in the outcome.

"Big Tobacco", which I like to throw around at times myself, is only the smoke-and-mirrors boogieman, like those old cartoons where Bugs Bunny or some other character sees an ant in a funhouse mirror and thinks it's a HUGE ant. Big Tobacco is still big, but not the beast that it once was. It's reputation is such that it is easily thrown out as the monster when, in fact, politicians have always been. Without them, invested in, and running cover for Big Tobacco, there would have never been Big Tobacco. Now, they have their other investments...

This is what happens when you hate the opposition so much, that holding your own accountable, even if it means a temporary setback, is unthinkable.

MLEJ

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 14, 2020
    The bottom line is vaping takes customers cash away from tobacco companies.
    and from pharmaceutical companies.

Both big US cigarette makers have invested in vaping. They're everyone's favorite corporate villain -- and they deserve it in large measure -- but i don't believe they're vaping's greatest foe right now. One of them, as they surely want smaller competition eliminated, but not the worst, imo.

Plus what @FoolishMortal wrote as i was typing this.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    "Tobacco control groups are hopeful that the addition of RICO charges will force Juul and Altria to agree to a large multi-state settlement similar to the 1998 Master Settlement Agreement (MSA) between 46 state attorneys general and the major tobacco companies. As part of the MSA, tobacco manufacturers agreed to pay states billions of dollars yearly to avoid further litigation."

gotta replace that tobacco bond money
    ...so that won't happen if they force Juul into bankruptcy or if the FDA does not approve their PMTAs...

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

...so that won't happen if they force Juul into bankruptcy or if the FDA does not approve their PMTAs...

And the Only way that JUUL could emerge Out of Bankruptcy is to have Decent Sales of a FDA PMTA-ed JUUL. And does that really seem Possible?

Chairman Krishnamoorthi & Senator Durbin Urge FDA To Review New And Disturbing Evidence From North Carolina That JUUL Deliberately Marketed High-Nicotine Products to American Youth

Sounds more like these TC Groups are just Blowing Smoke when it comes to the Possibility of a JUUL type MSA.

Because the way JUUL is going, it kinda makes the Hindenburg look like a Minor Mishap.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

FoolishMortal

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 19, 2013
    Down Yonder
    "tobacco control groups".

Think about how messed up that is. They're not trying to control people. No sir. It's "tobacco" they're controlling.

Sir, it appears that tobacco is out of control!
    Oh no! Tobacco has gotten loose again!? Why are you standing there?! Git em!

"____ control" is just another way of saying "We want to control YOU, but we'll blame it on ____."

The saddest types are those kind souls who enlist in such causes, but don't realize this. They neither do good nor profit.

Prohibition never cured any ills. It only shuffled profits about.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread