Vapor Flask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crusader_69

Jan 20, 2014
KL, Malaysia
Mine will fire non stop if I have a battery in the slot that directly under the 510. Sent it back to shop and they called me to collect it 2 hours later after it was fixed. The shop even fixed the top plate alignment. Yes, it come with a slight misaligned problem between the top plate and body. Now everything work perfectly... quickly become my primary mod... Love it !!!

DejayRezme

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 22, 2014
    Europe
    My guess is that they ramp up production from a one man show to a business, and that brings growing pains with it. The workers building them now probably have to learn their stuff and they don't have a good QC workflow yet. Ever since I had to run a small business I'm more sympathetic to the .... that happens.

But no firebutton, heh, that is just priceless!

sedge

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 8, 2012
    Palm Springs, CA
    Before

4ffae0697a68a3e8d1b4e00b60b4a6ab.jpg

After 20 ml of a 50/50 pg/vg sweet, amber colored Malted Toffee. Rayon wick. Much better than without temperature protection.

Also, went 48 hrs and 20 mls without a battery change in the Vapor Flask.

6a410dbe14bcafe3e01078fe7e801f99.jpg

101408a7d9a77a854e1d710b4e8b2d5e.jpg

kde01

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2014
    Maryland, USA
    Going on 3 months now on my V1 - Not a single issue so far. Still lasts for days between charges.

I think for the V1s it was a one-man operation and for the V2s and later they expanded, hence the issues. I think I was fairly lucky in that my mod was flawless except for the autofiring issue, which they'll fix for me. The fact that my 9PM email was answered within 15 minutes on a Friday astounded me. It's unfortunate that their QC isn't where it should be but with CS like this I'm definitely willing to give them another chance. If it comes back and works flawlessly I'll be keeping it, no question. May even get the DNA40 upgrade when they start offering it and sell of my DNA40 VaporShark i've got pre-ordered (impulse buy when I was sure I was going to sell the Flask).

One reason I feel comfortable paying $300 for a mod like this when there's similar things for $50-$200 is the fact that I can send them an email and get a response very quickly, regardless of time of day it seems. They really stand behind their product. I've heard of a lot of issues with Hana QC and I know you're not going to get any support with any of the Canas, IPVs, or clones. You get what you pay for.

Marc411

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    One reason I feel comfortable paying $300 for a mod like this when there's similar things for $50-$200 is the fact that I can send them an email and get a response very quickly, regardless of time of day it seems. They really stand behind their product. I've heard of a lot of issues with Hana QC and I know you're not going to get any support with any of the Canas, IPVs, or clones. You get what you pay for.

Agreed, that was the main reason I went with the Flask and as of right now the support seems to be behind the product. They should look closely at the QC process as problems will only lead to eroding margins which no small business can afford. Just the shipping alone to resolve issues has got to be kicking their .....

I am sure with this new PV they are looking at the cost of resolution. I'm willing to bet they resolve it real quick. In my case it was the chip, their really is no way to catch that prior to shipping.

RickCain

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Huntington Beach, CA
    So now I am afraid to screw my atty all the way down. V2.1 definitely has problems with the new 510 as none of mine now fit flush like they did on my V1 - the center of the 510 either doesn't adjust enough or simply isn't deep enough. With my Hobo atty it will sit flush but has a very short 510.

I wonder if they are going to address the 510....

Thus far the new DNA chip seems to wake up faster and fire which is good. Ni500 wire will be here next week and will see how that works out.

edapyta3.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    Y'know, I have been looking for a higher-end MOD for about three weeks. I finally decided about 30 hours ago and have been looking high and low for a VF V2 DNA 40. I really love the design and the characteristics. Reading this thread...I am jumping ship. Not sure where I will go, but there just seems to be to many issues.

I hope all owners get things sorted. It is a beautiful design.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 24, 2014
    Jacksonville, FL
    I think for the V1s it was a one-man operation and for the V2s and later they expanded, hence the issues. I think I was fairly lucky in that my mod was flawless except for the autofiring issue, which they'll fix for me. The fact that my 9PM email was answered within 15 minutes on a Friday astounded me. It's unfortunate that their QC isn't where it should be but with CS like this I'm definitely willing to give them another chance. If it comes back and works flawlessly I'll be keeping it, no question. May even get the DNA40 upgrade when they start offering it and sell of my DNA40 VaporShark i've got pre-ordered (impulse buy when I was sure I was going to sell the Flask).

My thoughts exactly.

VF CS is top notch. As I've mentioned earlier in this thread, I received my v2 with a missing fire button. Horrible QC? Indeed! However, I contacted the modder on Friday afternoon and he overnighted me ($$$) a new fire button. Sure enough, I received it the next day, press fit it on and haven't had a single issue with it afterwards.

After further communication with the modder I feel confidant that they understand and will be correcting the QC issues. Apparently, this business is just getting under way and ironing things out.

Agreed, that was the main reason I went with the Flask and as of right now the support seems to be behind the product. They should look closely at the QC process as problems will only lead to eroding margins which no small business can afford. Just the shipping alone to resolve issues has got to be kicking their .....

I am sure with this new PV they are looking at the cost of resolution. I'm willing to bet they resolve it real quick. In my case it was the chip, their really is no way to catch that prior to shipping.

My sentiments in my previous response as well. The modder/co will make it right but you have to let them know that there is an issue. Remember folks, we are early adopters.

So now I am afraid to screw my atty all the way down. V2.1 definitely has problems with the new 510 as none of mine now fit flush like they did on my V1 - the center of the 510 either doesn't adjust enough or simply isn't deep enough. With my Hobo atty it will sit flush but has a very short 510.

I wonder if they are going to address the 510....

Thus far the new DNA chip seems to wake up faster and fire which is good. Ni500 wire will be here next week and will see how that works out.

Have you contacted the manufacturer?

kde01

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2014
    Maryland, USA
    Y'know, I have been looking for a higher-end MOD for about three weeks. I finally decided about 30 hours ago and have been looking high and low for a VF V2 DNA 40. I really love the design and the characteristics. Reading this thread...I am jumping ship. Not sure where I will go, but there just seems to be to many issues.

I hope all owners get things sorted. It is a beautiful design.

Fair enough. I hope you manage to find a mod manufacturer that can tick all the boxes (great QC, top notch CS, fair price, good ergonomics, good looks). If you do let the rest of us know ;)

I settled on the flask because I hate the box-in-your-hand feeling. I'll stick with the flask because despite the issue I've had the owner responded to my email with ~15 minutes late on a Friday night and will handle my repair on a rush basis to get it back to me ASAP.

If you go with an HCigar, Cana, or other counterfeit/clone you'll have a fried board in 3 months and no support whatsoever.

If you go with one of the IPVs you'll have issues in 6 months and have no after sales support (their service company are apparently .......s).

If you go with Hana you'll have the problems previously mentioned with CS but you'll at least have a legit DNA device.

Everything else is impossible to get.

IMO VaporShark wins in regulated mod land. Vapor Flask comes second. Everything else seems totally unobtainable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heespharm

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 7, 2014
    Htown,tx
    Fair enough. I hope you manage to find a mod manufacturer that can tick all the boxes (great QC, top notch CS, fair price, good ergonomics, good looks). If you do let the rest of us know ;)

I settled on the flask because I hate the box-in-your-hand feeling. I'll stick with the flask because despite the issue I've had the owner responded to my email with ~15 minutes late on a Friday night and will handle my repair on a rush basis to get it back to me ASAP.

If you go with an HCigar, Cana, or other counterfeit/clone you'll have a fried board in 3 months and no support whatsoever.

If you go with one of the IPVs you'll have issues in 6 months and have no after sales support (their service company are apparently .......s).

If you go with Hana you'll have the problems previously mentioned with CS but you'll at least have a legit DNA device.

Everything else is impossible to get.

IMO VaporShark wins in regulated mod land. Vapor Flask comes second. Everything else seems totally unobtainable.

Agreed also protovapor is a good cs company too!

kde01

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2014
    Maryland, USA
    Agreed also protovapor is a good cs company too!

If they made it circular as opposed to square I'd be all over it. I don't know why regulated mods need to be square and have corners - we're holding them in our hands...

Regardless of the mod, I'm glad to hear of another company with top notch service!

Marc411

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    As the grow they all have some pain, Vapor Shark is going through the same thing right now if you read that thread. As your production raises you have to make adjustments in QC and CS. The one's that make the adjustments will be fine, the one's that make excuses will have problems.

I will post how long it takes to get my replacement.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread