Vapor Flask

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkusmc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2014
Georgia
Thanks, same to you! Still looking at the Erl, the Squape R fell through, picked up a clone and man did they screw them up. I'm trying to get the parts together and make them right.

I should have just listened to you and picked up the Erl.

Erl is my next purchase, without a doubt !

kde01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
Maryland, USA
Do yourself a favor and grab a tilemahos. You can vape it at lower ohms if you're feeling like an easy drag or open up the juice control and go full auto-dripper blowing clouds everywhere!

I have an issue I want to ask about - have scoured the internet the last 20 minutes and haven't found anything about this issue on the Vapor Flask. Only one of my atties will sit flush on my Flask without autofiring - the aforementioned Tilemahos. All the others will autofire (you can see my atties in my sig) which is a bit annoying as I'll always have to maintain a gap on them.

Seriously considering letting this Flask go if I have to worry about autofiring a regulated mod. I paid a bit too much money to have to deal with this...

EDIT: Scratch that, now it's doing it with the Tilemahos, too. Once i fire it (when screwed flush) it keeps firing until I unscrew the atty...

Last edited:

kde01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
Maryland, USA
yea it seems the 510 connector on the vaporflask makes everything sit high

Is that always the case? I've contacted Vapor Flask and they got back to me within 30 minutes asking me if they could call me to walk me through the repair. I let them know I don't feel comfortable doing it, and they offered to take care of it in their facility. I may not be so happy with the mod (yet) but I'm definitely happy with the service!

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Big drag, mine is having a different set of issues.

I get a little use out of it with temp control and the display starts blinking and the PV locks up.

Sent them an e-mail so we'll see how it goes once they respond.

The demand is high, the chip is new but I'm still completely bummed that I can't use it.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Guys, although the Vapor Flask is truly an exceptional device when assembled correctly, somehow it appears that their QC is lacking or non-existent altogether atm. I have been informed that they realize this and are doing their best to correct it.

However, I have found that their CS is top notch. Example: I received my v2 from VapeRev and it was missing the fire button (see what I mean about their QC? Missing the most important part on the device? :confused:). I contacted VapeRev and of course, they sent me to VF. I went there, and clicked on their "Contact Us" link, sent an image of my issue and was overnighted the fire button.

Sure enough, I received it the next day (saturday at that. $$$). Anyway, I snapped it in (press fit) and it has been flawless since.

If you are having any issues with your device, I urge you to contact the manufacturer and hopefully you will receive the same CS that I did.

It's a damn shame that they are letting this wonderful device go out the door with these issues.

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with VF. I honestly think it is a great APV as long as it was assembled correctly with a non-defective board.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Big drag, mine is having a different set of issues.

I get a little use out of it with temp control and the display starts blinking and the PV locks up.

Sent them an e-mail so we'll see how it goes once they respond.

The demand is high, the chip is new but I'm still completely bummed that I can't use it.

Marc, unfortunately I haven't had a chance to use my VF DNA40 as intended yet. Currently awaiting delivery of my Ni200. However, I have had no issues with it and Kanthal builds. In fact, I seems better than the DAN30 v2.

From my experience, I would think that you will receive correspondance concerning your email to them. Let us know how it goes.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Gator, even with the issues I would/will really like this device if they make it right. I sent them an e-mail, picture and video but it was 7:30 PM so I didn't expect a response today.

They are trying to keep up with demand so I understand and I think I got a bad chip since mine is blinking like crazy. My + pin was also not installed correctly.

I'll post when I hear from them but mine probably needs to go back to the shop for an overhaul.

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
I had an issue with my v2 vapor flask. I Facebook messaged them and Charlie gave me his cell phone number within minutes. It was a simple fix over the phone and my device has been working perfectly since. I bought a DNA 40 after that which is been working stellar. My only issue is that my screen is slightly crooked on each of my devices but not a big deal

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Gator, even with the issues I would/will really like this device if they make it right. I sent them an e-mail, picture and video but it was 7:30 PM so I didn't expect a response today.

They are trying to keep up with demand so I understand and I think I got a bad chip since mine is blinking like crazy. My + pin was also not installed correctly.

I'll post when I hear from them but mine probably needs to go back to the shop for an overhaul.

Yeah Marc, your issue definitely sounds like a bad board. It happens. Unfortunately, you are the chosen one for it to happen to. I am sure they will make it right.

I had an issue with my v2 vapor flask. I Facebook messaged them and Charlie gave me his cell phone number within minutes. It was a simple fix over the phone and my device has been working perfectly since. I bought a DNA 40 after that which is been working stellar. My only issue is that my screen is slightly crooked on each of my devices but not a big deal

Same here sedge. Yeah, the readout is slightly off but not so bad that I would ..... about it myself.

DejayRezme

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 22, 2014
    Europe

I don't have a vaporflask but I'm curious. Is your screen also garbled?
    Mine sometimes gets garbled and when it dims and starts blinking until it turns off. After that it "reboots" and works correctly again.

Heespharm

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 7, 2014
    Htown,tx
    I don't have a vaporflask but I'm curious. Is your screen also garbled?
    Mine sometimes gets garbled and when it dims and starts blinking until it turns off. After that it "reboots" and works correctly again.

I have a dna 40 chip that does that... Very annoying.. It's not useable and not returnable... It's not in a vapor flask but still exhibits this

DejayRezme

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 22, 2014
    Europe
    Yeah the problem is mentioned in the errata section of the datasheet. You can supposedly fix it by putting some silikone between the screen cable and the board to isolate some copper lines that aren't properly isolated. I'm just curious if these faulty chips also went to the mod manufacturers or only to the DIY crowd lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread