The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vapor Flask

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by sb713, Aug 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Major911

Major911 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 31, 2014
    Grand Island, FL, USA
    I didn't intend to stir up a debate. As a loyal VF owner, even though the dna200 holds no appeal for me. If there's a way that it can be refitted I'm all for it. These are expensive mods. It would be a shame it they became obsolete to the masses. I'm perfectly content with my dna40 VF.

• Like Like x 1
  2. nj1001

nj1001 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 14, 2009
    Boston-ish
    As for DNA200, I do like the ability to load Ti coils & lock ohms. Going over 60 or even 40W has no appeal for me personally.

3. piggypinggy

piggypinggy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hi guys, want to buy the Vapor Flask, is it worth to buy? does it have any problem or bug? thanks!

4. Riblet

Riblet Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2015
    LBC
    Wait for the SX it should be out in a couple weeks.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. sedge

sedge Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2012
    Palm Springs, CA
    I have had my two going now for almost a year, and they have performed flawlessly. I think you can pick them up a lot cheaper now, than when I did, new, and definitely you can pick up a good one used.

6. saddlehorse blues

saddlehorse blues Full Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Alberta, Canada
    I'll answer with a solid "meh, maybe, but". I really like mine but I've had to work a few things out to keep it from experiencing the VERY common weak battery problems. Even a minor drop could seriously damage it. The vaporshark versions have crappy coating, the authentic VaporFlask is kind of expensive. If I could only have one mod, I would sadly have to go with one of my other ones. Don't get me wrong though I do like mine and am glad I have it. My advice is if you don't want one, don't hold one. They gotta be the most comfortable mod to hold and use ever made. The first time I held one, I knew I just had to get one.

• Like Like x 1
  7. sedge

sedge Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2012
    Palm Springs, CA
    They are comfy to hold and comfy to pocket.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Major911

Jul 31, 2014
    Grand Island, FL, USA
    They are my only devices. I have an original dna40 and recently sold my v1 dna30 to acquire the vapor shark vapor flask. I am very pleased with it. No issues with the finish on mine at all so far. As a matter of fact I love the finish on it. Seems much better than on the VS I've yet to find another device I like more than the Flask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. V43L1N

V43L1N Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 29, 2014
    So. MD
    I've no issues with the finish on the VS flask either, but I've only had it for a week and wraps will be arriving today.

I feel the same way about my flasks, has to be to most comfortable mod to hold, and fire. I can't wait for the SX flasks to be released. I'll be selling the two v2.1s I own, along with the various Chinese made, high power boxes. A flask capable of 100w, with arguably one of the best chips on the market to date, yes please! :thumbs: Worth every penny.

10. nj1001

Oct 14, 2009
    Boston-ish
    I have a silver 2.1 and a vapor shark edition. I got the VS one when they first came out and I had issues with it & had to send it back a couple times. They replaced it with a new one which has been working well

I do prefer the VS' finish, how light it is, how much cheaper it was than the US made one, the larger screen and now ohm lock. Not sure how I feel about the new battery caps because I sliced my finger pretty nice & deep on em.

Owning both, I choose the VS VF every time, but if I didn't have the consistently flawless original too, I would've been without one each time I sent it back. I suspect/hope the VS ones are improving with time and my issues could've been because I got mine so early on. They were very good about returning, repairing & replacing it & sent me shipping labels.

Now I just can't wait for the SX which'll hopefully ship Monday... and again, I ordered early on.

11. Major911

Jul 31, 2014
    Grand Island, FL, USA
    I was bummed about my vs VF not coming with the new tool less battery caps but after hearing this and a couple of reviews I'm feeling better about it. It's not really an issue since I always keep a quarter handy for the original VF anyway. Still loving the finish and features of the new one. I have to force myself to show the old one some love. Lol it's become more of a backup.

12. Caterpiller

Caterpiller Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2015
    Malaysia
    I have to say that I love the rugged functional design of the old slotted battery caps, and am not kean on the look of the tooless ones.

If I could go to the shops tomorrow and buy another original VF DNA40 I would, but the arn't in stock anymore here in Malaysia.

I asked my local store to call me when they get some more, but they said they were more likely to be the VS-VF and/or the SX350J VF.

I'll probably buy whichever turns up first, but would really prefer the VF DNA40.

13. Major911

Jul 31, 2014
    Grand Island, FL, USA
    I was bummed about my vs VF not coming with the new tool less battery caps but after hearing this and a couple of reviews I'm feeling better about it. It's not really an issue since I always keep a quarter handy for the original VF anyway. Still loving the finish and features of the new one. I have to force myself to show the old one some love. Lol it's become more of a backup.

14. BNEAT

BNEAT Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Wait, wut? There are batteries inside my Flask??

I haven't seen my batteries in months, so tool-less access isn't really a priority for me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. IanDVaypes

IanDVaypes Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 26, 2014
    Austin, TX
    You do not want the tool-less caps. The part that swings out is fragile because it's made of brass. Mine got stuck and I had to use pliers to open it, well it snapped in half.

• Like Like x 1
  16. nj1001

Oct 14, 2009
    Boston-ish
    I think I'm going to take some wet/dry sandpaper to mine to make its edges less sharp.

17. BNEAT

BNEAT Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Do you mean the tooless battery caps, or the Flask itself?

18. nj1001

Oct 14, 2009
    Boston-ish
    The sharp tool-less batt caps.
    The flask itself isn't really sharp, especially with the VS finish.

19. nj1001

Oct 14, 2009
    Boston-ish
    I just sanded them quickly and they're a lot less sharp around the edges making it a lot easier to use now. Spent all of 5 mins doing it.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Caterpiller

Caterpiller Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2015
    Malaysia
    What's happened to all the VF-SX350J's?

Although I registered my email with VF a while ago, they've not responded, and not provided a password to their website.

I just went to see what was happening, and apart from needing to enter my birth date to 'prove' I'm over 18, there's no password control.

I'm on the site now. They are currently promoting the following:

VF-SX350J (Sold Out)
    Brillipower IMR18650 3100mah 40a (Sold Out)
    Vapor Flask Tees (Sold Out)
    Kanger Subtank OCC coils 5pack (Sold Out)
    Kangertech Subtank Mini (Sold Out)
    Trinity Glass Tank Subtank Mini (Sold Out)

And nothing else!?!

So what's happened to the VF-SX350J?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.