Vaporesso NRG. MTL??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Anyone have any experience with the vaporesso NRG and joyetech ProC1-S coils as a MTL device?

Just curious. Im happy with the dedicated MTL tanks I have, zenith, Ijoy Elf, naut2's etc, I just feel like trying something different.
Would the NRG and ProC1s coils be close to the other tanks I mentioned in terms of draw and flavour as a MTL device?

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
IDK about the coils but my guess is with that tank, you'd be hard pressed to go fully MTL however with that said, I will also say if you are looking for something "a bit different" that may be just exactly what you might enjoy. Don't forget about the option of switching driptips if it remains too airy, but you may well like it as is, good luck with it :)

Anna

Reactions: Jebbn

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I don’t see it as a problem if using the ProC1 at it’s lower recommended power range (25watts) and restricting the air flow of the tank. I used a cCell in my NRG tank which is a 25 -35 watt coil, and it worked fine in both MTL and DTL. But the cCell might be a more restricted coil than the C1. The NRG also has a fairly open drip tip as well, might consider changing it if looking for something a little more constrictive.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
Well it turned up and Ive been using it for a few hours now.
It is a lose draw but not unworkable. There is a point on the air flow ring where it is very nearly right, quite tight but the holes arent quite closed.
Ive tried and used various drip tips with it, naut2 drip tip right now.
Taste, so far, reminds me of the smok spirals, so... not much joy in it for me there right now.
I have flavourless juice in it, the same I have in all my tanks at the moment, VG/nic/11%DW and the taste of the ProC1-s in the NRG is very different from the Zenith and Naut2/Ijoy Elf.
One thing about vaping flavourless is it does let you know exactly how one coil tastes compared to others, there isnt much masking going on with flavours.
Im going to persist with it over the next few weeks to see where it leads to. I kinda like the idea of this tank.

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
The ProC-C1 has its ... wide open, makes a loud noise when you draw, and it only comes alive at about 40-45 Watts. The Pro-C1S is more restricted, is a bit softer on the ears, and you can reasonably vape it at 25-30W.

The C1S react better to an ever-closing airflow support than the C1 (which starts making loud piping noises and gets hot), and both operate below their recommended wattage range. They're not bad coils, but forcing them to go full MTL? Mhhhhm...

Last edited:

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
The ProC-C1 has its ... wide open, makes a loud noise when you draw, and it only comes alive at about 40-45 Watts. The Pro-C1S is more restricted, is a bit softer on the ears, and you can reasonably vape it at 25-30W.

The C1S react better to an ever-closing airflow support than the C1 (which starts making loud piping noises and gets hot), and both operate below their recommended wattage range. They're not bad coils, but forcing them to go full MTL? Mhhhhm...
Yeah, I understand what you are saying, Im not really trying to make the tank and coil combination vape like a Nautilus or other MTL tanks. Obviously though like any one else who is predominantly mtl Im going to tweak it a bit and see where it gets to. Some one who mtl vapes with an innokin zenith or naut 2 and has the airflow 3holes to wide open would probably have no problem with tank just barely open.
The flavour is slowly coming good.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
Went to a store today to pick up some wire, replacement glass and.....stuff, anything really, something shiny, different, interesting, maybe a new rta tank, mod, anything, I was in a buying mood.:thumbs:
They didnt have the wire I wanted,:oops: or the replacement glass for a smok spirals:(, didnt have the cotton I wanted,:unsure: all their juice makes me sick,:glare: their drip tips are way over priced:eek:, no nautilus coils:|.
It was shaping up to be a dismal experience:yawn:
Then I saw the vaperesso swag:)
but I didnt need it ..... o_O..... wut?
Then, I saw a packet of Vaperesso GT C-Cell Core 0.5ohm coils and realised that I had a tank they would fit in! the Vaporesso NRG which is what this thread is about!:banana:
So I bought them. I had to. Didnt travel all that way to buy nothing.:mad:

:pop:

Anyway....

The Joyetech ProC1-S coils I was playing with didnt really work out for me, it was exactly as @tailland had said. :toast:
I primed and bung in one of the GT C-Cell 0.5ohm coils in to the NRG tank filled it with juice and set it on the bench while I hung out the washing, put another load in, emptied the dishwasher, folded some clothes and put them away, made coffee and a big corned beef, cheese and salad stuff sandwich, watched tv and then remembered the tank sitting on the bench.
I realise that at this stage Im heading into Abe Simpson territory in getting to the point.
So, anyway, it was around the same time as the great onion famine but just before the sweet potato glut....

TLDR;
I picked up some Vaporesso GT C-Cell 0.5ohm coils.

These CCell 0.5ohm coils are pretty good!!
Its still not a real tight MTL draw like a Nautilus2 can be, Im comparing them both right now, the naut2, 0.7ohm with three holes open and at 18w is comparable draw to the NRG GT CCell barely open and @ about 25w.
I can work with the draw as it is as a mtl.
I "think" the NRG/ CCell might have the edge on flavour but theyre both only 2hr old coils so time will tell.
I can run the NRG/CCell down to 15w, its not a rewarding vape but I think it will be a good after midnight absent minded/preoccupied kind of vape....for me
Im using drip tips that are skinny bore and about 16-24mm long.
The GT C-Cell 0.5ohm coils turned the NRG tank into something very usable for me. I thought it was going to end up in the draw of the unused along with the smok spirals and others.

• Winner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread