VaporShark rDNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmadmfz

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2014
red dot
My vaporshark definitely needs a new case soon. And a button. What is up with the button man...

292889a20b81c8ff10db0058fd459e43.jpg

1fa584186f95832bf50305f2ec9cc79e.jpg

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

ahmadmfz

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2014
red dot
That sure is a lot of wear and tear! Do you find it still performs as well as when it was new, despite the cosmetic damage?
Definitely. Everything is working fantastic. Well other than the stupid battery meter that isn't totally accurate. It's usually 100%-75%-50%-0%. Whenever it is at 50 I just don't take a chance and charge it. With zip charging and a 2.1a charger it charges to green light in less than an hour anyway.

Mine's the first batch of large screen RDNA40. It does not have any fuzzy screens or battery drain etc, one of the better batches before the major fix I guess.

Fires as strong as it did on the first day ;) as reliable too.

Reactions: KTMRider

Fiatrix

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
Definitely. Everything is working fantastic. Well other than the stupid battery meter that isn't totally accurate. It's usually 100%-75%-50%-0%. Whenever it is at 50 I just don't take a chance and charge it. With zip charging and a 2.1a charger it charges to green light in less than an hour anyway.

Mine's the first batch of large screen RDNA40. It does not have any fuzzy screens or battery drain etc, one of the better batches before the major fix I guess.

Fires as strong as it did on the first day ;) as reliable too.

Awesome, that's encouraging. I'm sure I can deal with the battery issue. Thank you. :) Now to afford the damn thing...

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Here's mine after 8 months in a sharkskin. It's been my main mod but it'll sit idle for a day or two when I get a new mod but I've always gone back to it. There is wear on the fire button and a small chip by the battery door but the finish has held up very well.
DSC_2467_zpsob3g0ppv.jpg

DSC_2468_zps35avzpz6.jpg

ahmadmfz

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2014
red dot
Here's mine after 8 months in a sharkskin. It's been my main mod but it'll sit idle for a day or two when I get a new mod but I've always gone back to it. There is wear on the fire button and a small chip by the battery door but the finish has held up very well.
DSC_2467_zpsob3g0ppv.jpg

DSC_2468_zps35avzpz6.jpg
Damn bud, that's pretty mint. I guess I like it rough ;)

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Very nice. Do either of you (or anybody else) tend to have problems with the battery door coming loose when you don't have a shark skin on it? I hear some people have complained that the magnet isn't strong enough and the door becomes an annoyance.
The very few times I've used mine w/o a sharkskin, I had no issues with the battery door. It kinda locks in place on mine and doesn't move easily.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Would getting one of these be a waste if not using temp control? I have an eLeaf istick 50. Looking for something more. Haven't built could yet but plan to soon with my Kanger sub tank mini.
Nope. It can buck down to 1w, has reverse batt protection and zip charging. You don't have to use TP if you don't want but I'd highly recommend at least trying it.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Just was wondering if it was safe and won't trip or blow up half my face. Can't seem to hit the .10-.14 mark because the soft wires get chopped or simply can't fit because the coils too long
If you're looking to do duals, I would recommend sticking to 30ga Ni200. Otherwise your coils become ridiculously long. And especially so if you're like me and dislike using diameters above 7/64".

One challenge you might have with using 30ga Ni200 is that your coil will be awfully flimsy. In that case, best to get some tempered 30ga Ni200 from stealthvapes or lightning vapes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jazzvaper

Hawaii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2014
Houston
If you're looking to do duals, I would recommend sticking to 30ga Ni200. Otherwise your coils become ridiculously long. And especially so if you're like me and dislike using diameters above 7/64".

One challenge you might have with using 30ga Ni200 is that your coil will be awfully flimsy. In that case, best to get some tempered 30ga Ni200 from stealthvapes or lightning vapes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks TK, I really like this vaping experience. Vapes hard and backs off but the one thing I'm worried about is that this "nickel" is poisonous. I've read online wiki, etc. So is Titanium. What do you think? I hate the oxidation splashes inside the chimney's in my tanks and everything else from those kanthal wires. It's black like coffee when the juices not even coffee. I really don't want to go back to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread