VaporShark DNA30

Status
Not open for further replies.

TotlKaos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2012
New Jersey
Just FYI it looks like a large shipment of the VS DNA30's went out all over the place.
Almost ever local shop has at least 1 - 5 of them..
Just FYI just in case anyone was looking for new one.. there should be some on the shelves for a few days in stock.
(I'm in the Southern NJ / Delaware area)

Just FYI for all.

ClintS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
San Diego area, CA
I ordered the VaporShark DNA30 May 4th and received in on the 8th. It was smaller than I expected and unlike many of the reviews I looked at before placing the order.

Bottom line up front, I like it better than a mech and I may order another!!!!

It is well constructed and feels it with well fitting joints. The firing button feels great with a nice tactile click, seems to be metal with a blue ring LED around it when it fires. There was no dust in or around the LED screen on the bottom. On one side the formerly used 3d Box is gone.

I have tried several drippers (Magma, Trident v2, Atomic, IGO W), Russian 91% v2 (floating pin), Kayfun Lite Plus v2, and Aspire Nautiluses on it; all sit flush and work. The only negatives are the two allen head bolts on one side and a shorter battery life than expected. An 18650 in an SVD or mech will last me through the work day, the VS dna only made it till 2:00pm before the battery ran out, that was running at 10-15 watts. At 20 watts and above the battery depletes quickly. But hey, for the size it works extremely well.

StaircaseWit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
The Pit of Despair
USB port on mine is starting to get wonky. Works with certain cords, doesn't with others, or takes a wiggle to keep the light on. Others have reported this as well. One called and was told to send it back. I may do that, but I'm not sure they have a fix for it. It's been subjected to pocket carry, but nothing too extreme. It's a shame because I love the little thing.

Mackoy 09

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
New Jersey
My only issue right now is that the fire button is starting to show a lot of scratches. This is after almost 2 months of daily use...

muzuduju.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hexagondun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2012
Albany, NY USA
Hey all,
Just had to share a pic of my latest vs setup, an ancient Phoenix rebuildable atomizer I had laying around unused for a couple years with a 28 gauge nano coil at 1 ohm. I bored out the original hole and drilled a new one right over the coil. Have it wicked like a dragon coil and it is seriously vaping like a champ. So psyched that I have a new use for this old toy. Think it looks nice coupled with the DT from my stillare, if I do say so myself...
teza6yra.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1400014894190.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1400014894190.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

misplacedsooner

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2011
stillwater, oklahoma
Ok I think I have found the perfect rda to get with the vs. the A7. It is small and looks great. I think i'll stick a pyrex drip tip on it and be set. Anyone know anything about the A7?
hmm, i have an a-7 with oid thats been sitting for a long time, just scored my wife a shark so that may be one of her toppers now. good call

MissyG

Verified Member
Okay I was dead set on getting a hanna modz dna 20 mini but now I am looking at this thing and overall I just think it looks sleeker. I fell in love with the DNA 20 mini because it was so light and fit in the palm of my hand. (I have carpal tunnel and neuropathy in my hands). Also I am on a very strict budget and I am having to save for it, but it is $99.99 at my local b&m. This is more expensive but comes in another color other than black and you can get a protective skin for it. Now I am questioning myself. It will take me so much longer to save for one of these....help!!!

dykast

Verified Member
Nov 20, 2013
United States
So my VS30 is doing something strange. It is reading everything at 1.1ohm. Now I have seen where it the dna chip will read at 0.0ohm and needed to be reset, but I havn't seen this. Suggestions?

Answering my own question. Called Vaporshark, same chip bug, needs to be drained and reset. Great customer service as usual!

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
Decided to bite the bullet and ended up buying one of these in gunmetal with a black shark skin....I like the DNA30 and evolv and always have loved my darwin...but wanted the box form factor that was pocketable. In researching this, it seems to be built as tough as the darwin but in a better shape(for me). I like all the features on the evolv dna30 and look forward it. It's gonna give me a great deal of flexibility with my RDA, RTA, etc. I doubt I'll need over 10 watts but, meh, it'll do the job. I like 1.2 to 1.8 ohm builds. It'll also serve as a contrast to the non-evolv Hana Mod clone I have on preorder.

Thanks for all the info, folks!

eUsername

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
'Merica
I have a vs on the way. Yaaaayyy! I've never seen any vent holes in the vs. is that correct? Is it because of the lipo battery vent holes aren't necessary? I've heard they can be even more likely to vent.
TIA.

My understanding is it's the same battery used in most cell phones and doesn't need a vent.
According to some friends who are into RCs (they use high drain LiPos) the battery will be fine unless it got punctured somehow then it could be an issue.

Nodnerb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Winnipeg
I just got mine today. Holy crap this thing is tiny!!!!! I knew the measurements and have seen size comparisons online but none of them do justice to how small it is when you actually hold it. Amazing.
I am one of the few that probably won't be going above 10 watts. Even though people say a 30 watt mod is wasted when only using 10 watts, I disagree. I use 9 w typically and wanted something small and USB chargeable for stealth vaping at work, easily pocketable (and hidden). Chargeable in the car. This is the mod for that. 10 watts or 30 watts, it fits the bill. Plus at 9w it lasts a pretty long time and I've only charged it once.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
I am lucky that one of the shops near me uses the VS as a tester battery. They put some Kayfuns on them and the liquids that they really like that have in them and put them on the VS. That is how I fell in love with it. I have never been so happy to see a birthday come. This year it is taking its time. lol

Coldpunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
Columbia, Mo
When picking one of these up, be sure to grab a sharkskin. It will prevent the issue with the button scratching, make it more stable/harder to tip over, and it makes it just a little bit wider so 23mm attys don't hang over. I use a squape on mine frequently, the squape is bigger than the vaporshark!

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
For such a tried and true device it's shame that they can only manage a 1200 mah battery in this thing. Its roughly the same size as an eleaf istick yet the istick managed to get a 2200 mah lipo in there. If VS could offer the same it would definitely be my end all device. Love the size, love the DNA30 board just don't have use for such a small battery. I realize the RDNA30 is an option but you give up the compact form factor

@ 22-25 watts, I get little over an hour of constant use.

My wife used my VS for a day with her Evod which is 1.8ohms @ 8 watts, when I got home from work, I noticed the battery was still above 60-70%, but the Evod tank was pretty much empty.

Honestly, for me, the VS only sees use at home, so I basically never have any downtime since I can run it in pass-through mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread