Vaporshark slashing prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
Now is only the question of how and what differences exist considering what looks to be a no brainer for $100 less. Very interesting, looks to be the new standard of high end temp control (not talking about premium high end Zero type stuff naturally).
From the sounds of it, it's just an rDNA 40 flask. Sounds nice for $200 but the rDNA 40 sounds a whole lot nicer for $130.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
Unfortunately, it was 2 weeks ago. Can't regret it, though...great mod.
I feel your pain. I bought a used one about three weeks ago for $150. At least got two skins and a wireless charger with it.

I almost had to buy a new one today. Left it on the roof of my car this morning when buckling my four year old into his car seat. Luckily I realized I didn't have it right before turning on a main road. I got out and checked and it was sitting on the edge of the trunk. Any other mod would have slid off already

Reactions: Fodder

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Temp control mods aren't dedicated to that purpose. It's better viewed as an additional feature. I'm sure that before long it will be a feature on just about every newly released regulated mod. Some implementations might be better than others. I'd like to play with temp control eventually it but I'm happy with the results I'm getting now from conventional mods and builds.

I've heard the nickel wire is harder to build with because it's soft. What about rewicking?

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
Permanent sounds nice.
I just wanted to buy the DNA chip and the DIYNA box for $130ish.
Guess I'llgo for the rDNA then.
Oh, it's definitely worth it and so much better then the Hcigar version which until now was the budget DNA 40 device.

Now not only is it a quality device but unlike most removal battery mods which are "batteries not included", the rDNA comes with an LG HE2 hybrid IMR battery. The zip charging feature will also fully charge your 18650 in 90 minutes. Most mods take 5 to 6 hours.

And currently when you buy from Vapor Shark, you get a free 30ml bottle of juice. Hopefully this is still an option after tomorrow's price drop.

jstrong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
Virginia
I would never jump back on to the Vaporshark train ever again. That train left the station a long time ago. I had 3 and they all glitched. Every DNA 40 I have owned glitched. The new board still glitches and corrects itself while glitching. Such a wonderful fix Evolv. Until Evolv can put out a 100% glitch free board and not band aid the boards like they are now I will never waste my money for a DNA 40. My SX Mini, IPV4, Invader Mini, VF Clone work just fine and I am sure my Evic VT will work great too and all those mods are cheaper then any DNA 40 device.

Reactions: Underwhelmed

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
It comes with one battery already apparently? I'd definitely have to get some good high mah batteries as I've had all built in at this point.
It comes with an LG HE2. And if you plan on making use of the temp control, you don't have to worry too much about batteries. I pulled mine off the charger, 16 hours ago.

21afa33a1fa375c19c3e29038fbcd0e3.jpg

Reactions: DanJiblets

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
I would never jump back on to the Vaporshark train ever again. That train left the station a long time ago. I had 3 and they all glitched. Every DNA 40 I have owned glitched. The new board still glitches and corrects itself while glitching. Such a wonderful fix Evolv. Until Evolv can put out a 100% glitch free board and not band aid the boards like they are now I will never waste my money for a DNA 40. My IPV4, Invader Mini, VF Clone work just fine and I am sure my Evic VT will work great too and all those mods are cheaper then any DNA 40 device.

Unlike my HANA, not a single glitch with my rDNA. The problem is pretty much corrected. And keep in mind that these other mods you speak of are PWM and cannot Buck & Boost. For the DNA 40 is as accurate as a ProVari. Also an SX Mini is $200. It's not cheaper then the DNA 40.

jstrong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
Virginia
Unlike my HANA, not a single glitch with my rDNA. The problem is pretty much corrected. And keep in mind that these other mods you speak of are PWM and cannot Buck & Boost. For the DNA 40 is as accurate as a ProVari.

If you call corrected a reset while the screen is scrambled...sure it is fixed but too me that is still a glitch whether it corrects itself or not. The V5 board is the newest board with this so called fix.

Reactions: Underwhelmed

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
If you call corrected a reset while the screen is scrambled...sure it is fixed but too me that is still a glitch whether it corrects itself or not. The V5 board is the newest board with this so called fix.
My screen doesn't glitch at all.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Unlike my HANA, not a single glitch with my rDNA. The problem is pretty much corrected. And keep in mind that these other mods you speak of are PWM and cannot Buck & Boost. For the DNA 40 is as accurate as a ProVari. Also an SX Mini is $200. It's not cheaper then the DNA 40.

Shh.... don't say that too loud... they can hear you here. We all know mods won't sell if they drop their prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread