Vapourizer Cleanser??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Okay then.... to be extra safe, I will boil them for about 10 mins and dry...

Then we'll see whether any of these will come to life

I would place the atomizer in the oven, cartridge down at 150 degrees for about 10 minutes to dry it and then reprime it--that way it is completley dry with no residue of the cleaner--Sun

Madisavapor

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2009
UK
I would place the atomizer in the oven, cartridge down at 150 degrees for about 10 minutes to dry it and then reprime it--that way it is completley dry with no residue of the cleaner--Sun

Are you mad? My wife will KILL me literally! LOL
Mixing her favourite bakes with chemichals...
as it is, she will most likely murder me when she finds my brand spanking new Screwdriver (still hidden in the box)

That sounds like a better idea .......if you didn't do that we might never hear from you again......lol

I know I know! I can't leave without having a good time with my screwdriver yet! :D

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
The good news is that acetone is water soluble. If that's what it is then a thorough rinsing should flush it all out. I'm just not sure if it should be rinsed while the acetone is still in a liquid form or wait and give it time to evaporate.

Acetone is supposed to leave no noticeable residue upon evaporation. But that doesn't mean there's no trace elements left. So rinsing before it completely dries might be a good idea. Then let it thoroughly dry.

Ya know, we wouldn't have to be guessing so much if manufacturers would just tell us what the hell they are putting in these bottles we buy. That includes a lot of the eliquids.

Another thing... If acetone is oxidized it becomes acetone peroxide which is a highly sensitive primary explosive - think nitroglycerin but more unstable. I'm not a chemist so I don't know the oxidation process used for the transformation. I only mention this because I have no clue what would happen if someone accidentally vaped some of this stuff. Just an FYI and precautionary statement - that's all.

Cage

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2009
Arizona, USA
0E66LNCAQ7QL2DCA64F1U9CAFV88O8CAHFU.jpg

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
If we don't hear back from either of you we'll have to conclude that it didn't go so well... We'll be sure to start a memorial thread documenting your heroism in taking one for the team.

Just wanted you to know that you'll be missed. Ya know, just in case... ;)

I wonder if Madisavapor is ok or hunched over with his clean atomizer in one hand and his bottle of "acetone" or whatever the yeck that stuff is that they peddle as an atomizer cleaner, in the other hand--??? Only time will tell--lol Sun:confused:

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
I wonder if Madisavapor is ok or hunched over with his clean atomizer in one hand and his bottle of "acetone" or whatever the yeck that stuff is that they peddle as an atomizer cleaner, in the other hand--??? Only time will tell--lol Sun:confused:

Tick Tock... Tick Tock... Tick Tock...

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Hello everybody, I'm new here but am reading everything. I did figure an easy
way to dry the atomizer. I set it on a 40 watt bulb with the battery end up. Takes about 15min to dry. Works good.

Thanks Shoes--that is a great idea and the first I have heard of it hear--you came out swinging. I will give it a try as I have been putting mine in the oven on 150 degrees for about 10-15 minutes. Sometimes you forget its there and you have yourself one "baked well done good for nothing" atomizer!!! LOL--Thanks --Sun:)

combovan

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
florida USA
Hello everybody, I'm new here but am reading everything. I did figure an easy
way to dry the atomizer. I set it on a 40 watt bulb with the battery end up. Takes about 15min to dry. Works good.

Just wanted to give a head up about doing something like this, Im not sure how hot a 15 watt bulb gets but if you drop water on hot glass you can have a shattered bulb and possible cuts ... and then theres that pesky electricity that doesnt mix well with water as well.
In short just be carefull im sure it works well if done right.
combovan

Madisavapor

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2009
UK
Hi everyone!

I'm alive!
No bursts, not explosions, no drama! (boring ain't it?)

In fact, no result! Haha!

Sorry bout the late reply just came back frm work, showered, eat, then finally tested the 2 dead atomizers.

The Evo atomizer was dead before and after the rigorous process and drying, still DEAD.

The RN4081 atomizer was half alive, and after the process is officially now fully dead! In fact, a suction motion feels like air - no force needed for a suction.

So there you go. This thing will NOT resuscitate a DEAD atomizer.

However, a study into the atomizer shows that it does look like new. The coils were superclean and dry.... so this cleanser did clean up dried liquid...

Well I'm not satisfied. I have just done a cleaning cycle with the cleanser onto my fully working RN4081 atomizer and see whether there are any improvements...

Sorry for the hype that ended in disappointment everyone....

Madisavapor

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2009
UK
Glad to hear you are still alive...........your experiment is not disappointing........It is still interesting if it got all the black gunk off of the coil...did you check them under a microscope like I do?? ...

Pete, I don't need a microscope. My glasses are microscopic enough!
But no, I didn't look at it that close, just close enough under a study lamp to see that the colour has changed from brownish to silver grey...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread