Vapourizer Cleanser??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madisavapor

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2009
UK
Hello

I was browsing through the E-cigs shops and found a shop that sells E-cigarette Vapourizer cleansers.

First question : Are vapourisers another term for atomizers?

I sent an e-mail to the seller and this is what e replied.

"It works perfectly with mini E-Cig vaporizers and should be ok with other types.
Avoid long exposure to any plastic surfaces as it is a solvent. A few drops on the vaporizer head will dissolve the residue that builds up, even though they are meant to be self cleaning.
I have had great feedback from people who had thrown their old e-cigs in a drawer because they were no longer effective but now work like new again.
You must bear in mind that it is a cleanser only and if your e-cig isn’t working it may be a technical problem.
A few drops every couple of months will keep the vaporizer free from e-liquid build up.
George"

So I was wondering if anyone has tried this? Is it successful?

Since the cost is £3.45 which includes delivery, I am gonna try one myself.

If you wanna know further, please visit this site
OKSmokey Shop Electronic Cigarettes Nicotine Cartridge Liquid Refill

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
That's interesting.......I have tried without any luck everything I can think of to dissolve the black gunk that builds up on the heating coil....so far I have tried:

Boiling in hydrogen peroxide.
Boiling in Finnish dishwasher soap.
Vinegar.
Lemon juice.
Paint brush cleaner.
lighter fluid.
Boiling in baking soda
Oven cleaner.

None of those have dissolved it in the least. So please let us know if you have any luck.

jackie_UK

Nov 25, 2008
North-East UK
Ill ask for the ingredients and post it if I have it....
Don't want it to dissolve your mouth right? :pervy:
Any luck getting the list of ingredients for this - or received and tried it ?

I've tried all sorts to clean up my 'dead' vapourisers and have just sent off to OK Smokey for their cleaner as I've got nothing to lose except a little over £3...

Rubberjohnny

Jan 25, 2009
Having disassembled a fair number of failed atomisers I have concluded that rather than a build up of residues it is the very fabric(?) of the material arround which the coil is wound that has denigrated and no amount of cleaning will return it to a "as new" state.
While cleaning of the coil material is, in my opinion therefore a waste of effort (denigration probably caused by overheating) there is the problem of clogging of the metal mesh fluid retainer.This causes increasing resistance to inhalation and probably contributes to the very overheating that destroys the coil fabric.
Having tried all the many methods others use I find the simplest, carried out every day the best.Fill a cup with hot water and suck it through the atomiser,3 times from both ends.Blow out excess water,drop in 3 drops of juice and you can start up again immiediatly.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I sent an e-mail to the seller and this is what e replied.

"It works perfectly with mini E-Cig vaporizers and should be ok with other types.
Avoid long exposure to any plastic surfaces as it is a solvent. A few drops on the vaporizer head will dissolve the residue that builds up, even though they are meant to be self cleaning.
I have had great feedback from people who had thrown their old e-cigs in a drawer because they were no longer effective but now work like new again.
You must bear in mind that it is a cleanser only and if your e-cig isn’t working it may be a technical problem.
A few drops every couple of months will keep the vaporizer free from e-liquid build up.
George"

So I was wondering if anyone has tried this? Is it successful?

Since the cost is £3.45 which includes delivery, I am gonna try one myself.

If you wanna know further, please visit this site
OKSmokey Shop Electronic Cigarettes Nicotine Cartridge Liquid Refill

Wow--I have never been able to have an atomizer last a month. This product says to use every "couple of months"!! Sure would like to give it a try but I would want to know what is in it first" If I got a couple of months out of my atomizers I would be jumping for joy. I am going to pruchase a bottle just to see what the deal is with this cleaner--Sun:confused:

NathanS

ECF Veteran
  • Dec 1, 2008
    Portland, OR USA
    Having disassembled a fair number of failed atomisers I have concluded that rather than a build up of residues it is the very fabric(?) of the material arround which the coil is wound that has denigrated and no amount of cleaning will return it to a "as new" state.
    While cleaning of the coil material is, in my opinion therefore a waste of effort (denigration probably caused by overheating) there is the problem of clogging of the metal mesh fluid retainer.This causes increasing resistance to inhalation and probably contributes to the very overheating that destroys the coil fabric.
    Having tried all the many methods others use I find the simplest, carried out every day the best.Fill a cup with hot water and suck it through the atomiser,3 times from both ends.Blow out excess water,drop in 3 drops of juice and you can start up again immiediatly.

I agree, i feel just using hot water is the best way to clean. I wonder about other meathoods doing more harm than good. I get a long atomizer life and only flush it with warm water.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 2, 2009
    Florida
    hmmm... I think I'd be more worried about how to thoroughly clean the cleanser after using it. Especially if it is a flammable solvent harsh enough to dissolve the buildup back to "like new" condition.

This has to be one harsh chemical if it is going to clear the residue. That is why I ordered a bottle--to confirm if it is in fact something nasty or in the alternative something viable that had not been thought of before--I will report back. --Sun

Lika

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    Dallas - USA
    This has to be one harsh chemical if it is going to clear the residue. That is why I ordered a bottle--to confirm if it is in fact something nasty or in the alternative something viable that had not been thought of before--I will report back. --Sun

Sounds great, Sun. Looking forward to the findings. Stuff like this must be looked at. If it's great stuff then this guy, George, will get some major accolades for ingenuity. If not, then I'm quite sure he'll get called out.

What throws this whole thing off for me is the "few drops every couple of months" statement. I think we all know the build-up builds up a lot quicker than that.

So, my next question is how this guy gets his atomizers to last for two months as if that's somehow normal. Just sayin....

Still, it's cheap and definitely worth a look into.

swanee

ECF Veteran
    Dec 29, 2008
    me fi
    Sounds great, Sun. Looking forward to the findings. Stuff like this must be looked at. If it's great stuff then this guy, George, will get some major accolades for ingenuity. If not, then I'm quite sure he'll get called out.

What throws this whole thing off for me is the "few drops every couple of months" statement. I think we all know the build-up builds up a lot quicker than that.

So, my next question is how this guy gets his atomizers to last for two months as if that's somehow normal. Just sayin....

Still, it's cheap and definitely worth a look into.

I have been using the same atomizer in my rn4075 for 38 days and i'm still getting great vapor out of it...

Lika

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    Dallas - USA
    I have been using the same atomizer in my rn4075 for 38 days and i'm still getting great vapor out of it...

Wanna trade? hehe

Seriously, that's great. I've currently got one out of three 901 atomizers still going strong after about 3 weeks. The other two, not so good. Maybe my one good one will hold out and make me proud :)

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 2, 2009
    Florida

Swanee, You must be doing something right that we are not. I have not got more then 3 weeks out of an atomizer on my 901 and RN4072 penstyle and I am going into the 4th month. Some have failed in a week:confused: and I do not drip smoke either. So you are either a light vaporer or I too would like to buy that atomizer off you!! lol-- Good for you!!!--Sun

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread