Vaptio S150 ATC Kit Contest: looking for TC device testers—Part 2 Officially started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
The joyetech and Hana are set to 420 F. To get the same kind of vapor, heat, and flavor from the Ascension, I have to set it to 500 F. That's honestly kinda OK. I would rather have the mod tuned to be too low than too high leading to burnt hits.
yeap like my koopor plus that fries SS coils..

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
My coils appear to be unaffected.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

That's because your beard and suspenders absorb the grommet toxins and foul odor!. :D

I don't recall, have you given the Kanthal coil a run through yet?.

AlmightyEvan

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2016
Shanghai, China
www.heavengifts.com
Tonight, I'm sitting here with the Hana Modz ONE DNA40, a Joyetech eVic VTC Mini, and the Vaptio Ascension S150. The Hana and the Vaptio both have Ni200 coils. The Hana is fitted with a .10 Ohm Ni200 coil in the RBA deck of a Kanger Subtank Micro (top-filling clone). The Vaptio has a .13 Ohm Ni200 coil tucked into a TF-R1 in a TFV4 Mini. The Joyetech has a SS Notch coil installed in an SXK Nebula Wine.

The Joyetech and Hana are set to 420 F. To get the same kind of vapor, heat, and flavor from the Ascension, I have to set it to 500 F. That's honestly kinda OK. I would rather have the mod tuned to be too low than too high leading to burnt hits.

Maybe my nose and tastebuds are not as sensitive as others, but I get no bad smell or taste off of the included ATC coils. In trying the first one installed in the S150 tank, it was a very hard draw and tended to gurgle... I think I said that before. The new coil from the package solved the draw and gurgle problem. With a little fin tuning, I think the coils would be a hit. The tank, on the other hand... Again with the top air and drip tip. This design just has to go. The top fill would be OK - good, even - if enlarged a bit.

Just to further test power mode, I dropped a Airek RDA with a .23 Ohm dual vertibraid build on the device. Surprisingly, the mod hits better at 70 watts than it did at 25 watts (the setting I was using with SS in power mode during the first impression).

Aesthetically, I like the look and feel. I don't even mind the sharp corners. The trim looks sharp! I do wish the certifications and manufacturing info were on the bottom, out of sight... I don't mind the minimal branding, but a trash bin and a CE logo on the side of the device? That's not right...

The ONLY thing, then, keeping this mod from getting a passing grade is the new coil defaults. 75 watts in power mode is way too high (why not have it recall the last wattage? Many people do not stray from a favorite coil or build), and 200 F is just way too low in TC (again, the last settings used are probably going to be the next settings used by most people).

As it is, I have to give the kit a fail... If it's any consolation, it's an F+ or maybe an E for Effort. The kit wants to be great... It almost makes it... then torches a coil or delivers a cold vape when a new atomizer is attached and not adjusted.

The tank, with this mod, will go into my rotation, and when I run out of ATC coils, it will be retired. IF they had used Aspire Atlantis compatible coils, or Kanger Subtank compatible coils, or included an RBA head, the tank would have seen a longer happier life even with it's shortcomings. Note that I say that because as a consumer, I would not like to get locked into a coil system that is not carried at every store. I would hate to be on the road, torch a coil, and not be able to replace the coil until I got home or had to wait a week for coils to be mailed to me.

The mod, on the other hand, will be staying in the rotation regardless. I bought a black and red TFV4 Mini to be matchy matchy with the tank.
View attachment 561293

Marked, I will read it a little bit later.

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
No one mentioned how sexy the paint job actually is? Indoors it is a svelt matte black.....but take it out into the sun, and it pops with awesome sparkles :D

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping ;)

la-batmobile-dans-la-serie-batman_5459744.jpg

i0135976719677.7003.jpg

Wworrells

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2016
So far I have not had the smell but also I have not tried the second coil out. I have been busy with work and six mods to run circles with now. The vapito my rx200 the hpriv and now just got the movkin disguiser in and the ego aio from evan and his team and the eleaf ijust start plus from another contest. As far as the vapito I am along with others on tank needs some improvements and the other small things with the mod. But in all I am just happy to have gotten the chance to test and review and give my opinion on something that could help improve upon it.

Wworrells

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2016
No one mentioned how sexy the paint job actually is? Indoors it is a svelt matte black.....but take it out into the sun, and it pops with awesome sparkles :D

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping ;)

I see the sparkly now you mention it....lol looks kinda cool.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
What I can confirm so far is the "reset to 75w" issue will be solved. Will update you when I get any news.:)
Thanks for the response, the sleep mode or having to hit the button twice every time I vape is a deal breaker for me, I've stopped using the device because of it...

Why hit the button twice when every other mod you only have to hit it once?

AlmightyEvan

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2016
Shanghai, China
www.heavengifts.com
Thanks for the response, the sleep mode or having to hit the button twice every time I vape is a deal breaker for me, I've stopped using the device because of it...

Why hit the button twice when every other mod you only have to hit it once?

It was our traditional dragon boat festival, sorry to reply to you guys late. OK, I understand that click 2 times to wake the mod is an annoying thing. Will report!

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
Sent you an email about some of my findings @AlmightyEvan

Something for those of you who have one to know.....the mod does NOT have balance charging. On my tests, it charges one cell to 4.17 volts....the other to 3.85. So do NOT charge in the mod :p

I observed that also.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada

Something for those of you who have one to know.....the mod does NOT have balance charging. On my tests, it charges one cell to 4.17 volts....the other to 3.85. So do NOT charge in the mod :p
Thanks USMCotaku!

That explains why it has extremely poor battery life from an full charge on the mod...

I should have measured the batteries. I think it was stated earlier that charging appeared to work properly when I was concerned about using it, I won't anymore.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks

That's odd... my batteries were charged to within .02 V of each other...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread