Vaptio S150 ATC Kit Contest: looking for TC device testers—Part 2 Officially started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
did you drain the batteries fully when testing?

I did. I let them run down until the mod wouldn't fire anymore, then plugged in the USB. Popped 'em out after it finished charging and checked the voltages with a Fluke. Readings were 4.18 and 4.16, IIRC.

Reactions: TrollDragon

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I did. I let them run down until the mod wouldn't fire anymore, then plugged in the USB. Popped 'em out after it finished charging and checked the voltages with a Fluke. Readings were 4.18 and 4.16, IIRC.
try the same thing after running that cycle multiple times and see if the readings come up the same.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Decided to give the ATC coil one more try today, popped in a fresh pair of married HE4's and nothing, the unit would not start, popped in my second set of married HE4's and nothing again..

Mine is officially a brick/broken..

There is no physical damage to the unit must be something internal...

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
Decided to give the ATC coil one more try today, popped in a fresh pair of married HE4's and nothing, the unit would not start, popped in my second set of married HE4's and nothing again..

Mine is officially a brick/broken..

There is no physical damage to the unit must be something internal...

Did you put the batteries in backwards? :p

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
No but I tried them inside out just in case. too bad nice looking mod in the trash :(

That sucks!.

I mentioned backwards, because I installed mine in reverse order one day while
in a sleepy/drowsy stupor.

Last edited:

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
That sucks!.

I mentioned backwards, because I put mine in reverse order one day while
in a sleepy/drowsy stupor.

I've had some time to think about it and I noticed the last time I used it, I was using it for about an hour on and off and the battery indicator wasn't going down at all, though maybe I was just using less juice because I went from a .2 build to a .3 build but when I switched my batteries to my other mod they were at around 80%, so I'm thinking it fried the previous time I used it and I just didn't notice until I tried it a couple days later...

bummer though I like the looks of it, maybe they should send me a free shipping envelope and I can send it to them to see what caused it, I'd hate for them to send out faulty units..

I'll pull it out of the trash can and try to contact them unless @AlmightyEvan you want to?

I have a feeling it has something to do with the internal charger since our experiences with it are varying...

Last edited:

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
It ruins batteries?
I don't know about directly ruining batteries, but the internal volt meter/balancer is definitely off with mine. It will display full even if the batteries are down to 4.07 volts, and it charges the batteries unballanced (on mine)...which in time would ruin the batteries by putting much more strain on one of the pair.

AlmightyEvan

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2016
Shanghai, China
www.heavengifts.com
I don't know about directly ruining batteries, but the internal volt meter/balancer is definitely off with mine. It will display full even if the batteries are down to 4.07 volts, and it charges the batteries unballanced (on mine)...which in time would ruin the batteries by putting much more strain on one of the pair.

Thanks you guys! I reported it!

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I use the S150 with the Smkon Triangle Tank in VW mode. This is that tank that should have come with it.
FlduGgvl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread