Not open for further replies.

Vesuvius

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
vape Mail Day :D

Got a Tobeco Velocity Clone.
I usually run dual 26g kanthal around .4 or .5

I enjoy .2 but, It is usually to hot a vape for me.

It seems like the setup on the Velocity/Clone is more suited for much lower ohm builds around .1 to .3 with all of the air you can pull through it, maybe making a .2 build not be such a hot vape with said air flow options.

Am I correct in that assumption?

If you have a Velocity/Clone, how do you run yours?

danielpm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Braga, Portugal
I found out the answer to it.
Did a dual .28 build on it and opened up the air a bit.
Loaded it with some Muffin Man and it hits like 10 inch straight stacks on a big rig!! Wasn't a hot Vape either so, :thumbs:
My favorite VW build on velocity is 26" kanthal/SS @ 0.5Ohm. Lower is to hot for me, and my Evic VTC don't last long.

Now I only use TC with SS.

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
My favorite VW build on velocity is 26" kanthal/SS @ 0.5Ohm. Lower is to hot for me, and my Evic VTC don't last long.

Now I only use TC with SS.
That is my basic go-to build as well on the velocity. Kanthal or Nichrome. I also built 0.11 dual nickel for TC and it worked very well

sent using Tapatalk

danielpm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Braga, Portugal
I know nothing when it comes to SS and TC only having a Mech. Kanthal is all I know.

Can you run SS coils on a Mech? Or are they strictly for TC devices?
SS is the only wire (right now) that you can use in both VV/VW and TC. Give it a try on your mech, is the cleanest vape that I can get.

Reactions: MMW

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Tobeco Velocity with chuff tip - I like dual 24ga Kanthal .34Ω @ 75W-80W

I close air flow all the way, with one of the air slits towards me.
Then I turn the upper half, counting how many holes pass above that slit and stop it when the 17th hole gets over it. That shows the slit a little less than half open. That gives me the airflow resistance I like and keeps it cool enough after getting past the initial spit.

I only tried one other build at .44Ω and like this one better, enough to not bother with trying any others.
I keep my vaping as simple as possible and don't fix what ain't broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread