Versatile RTA recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
:D
Although I'm much more interested in RTAs anyways. A mod just brings the power to the thing that really matters imo. So I'm not too keen in stocking up my mod collection. And with the Funky I have enough color options because of the replaceable plates. Besides that it works like a charm;)

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
I've been out of the hardware buying game for a little while, but I've come back to ECF for research and information. I've read several threads here in the RTA section, but I haven't been able to decide on an atty. What I'm looking for is an RTA that can be set up with single or dual coils, leaks as little as possible, and ideally something I could set up for both MTL and DL... so essentially a unicorn atty, I think. It seems from reading in the forum that atties with tanks below the build deck present fewer leaking issues, but I'm not entirely sure that is true.

Do you folks have any helpful suggestions?

I just saw the GeekVape Blitzen- it is a single or dual coil deck that is "leak proof" might be interesting as that I love the Zeus and Geekvape makes great RTAs.
GEEKVAPE Blitzen RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer 24mm - $38.00

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
A german reviewer was quite keen on the Blitzen in his first look.

But atm I'm more interested in the Intrepid RTA from Blitz Enterprises:drool:
You just had to mention an rta I didn't know about. I'm off for a look, hopefully it is a dual coil. I can pass up a dual.:)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Sorry Sweety.:p
Some say the single coil option is great, others say it's not so good.
But to be honest, the tank polarizes quite a bit anyways because of the ceramic airflow insert.
I'll wait for you to get it. Seriously though, thinking I may pass on this one. Dedicated single coil rtas are generally better performers. The Intrepid is appealing tho.

Reactions: SnapDragon NY

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
What appeals to me is the fact, that it is a real single coil deck. Although I guess the coil needs to be quite beefy.
Let me know what you think of the Intrepid. Wonder how fragile the ceramic is.
Bad? You don't know the half of it:evil:

Reactions: SnapDragon NY

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I've been out of the hardware buying game for a little while, but I've come back to ECF for research and information. I've read several threads here in the RTA section, but I haven't been able to decide on an atty. What I'm looking for is an RTA that can be set up with single or dual coils, leaks as little as possible, and ideally something I could set up for both MTL and DL... so essentially a unicorn atty, I think. It seems from reading in the forum that atties with tanks below the build deck present fewer leaking issues, but I'm not entirely sure that is true.

Do you folks have any helpful suggestions?

The Cthulhu Hastur, the By-Ka V6/V7, the Hussar, The Skyline all offer, to some degree or another, the ability to change the airflow beneath the coil (and sometimes the deck, etc.) so that you can run in MTL or DL modes, each with varying degree of success I'm sure. Not sure about dual coils on any of them as no interest to me.

The Hastur, for me, was spot on for a tight MTL KFL type of vape (the 1mm air insert). That's my style and I never ran it in DL mode but I know others have. My gripe was the 24mm size and sold it for that reason only.

Its cheap compared to the high-end atties mentioned and might be worth a look. Its a GTA style with the deck in the middle of the tank.

$25.59 Authentic Cthulhu Hastur MTL RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 3.5ml / 304 stainless steel + glass / 24mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$3.23 Authentic Cthulhu Hastur MTL RTA Extra Air Flow Resister (4 Pieces) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Cthulhu Hastur MTL RTA Reviews Thoughts and tips

Last edited:

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
@Stoneface So what did you end up ordering? Apologies for temporarily hijacking your thread.
I went ahead and ordered the EXO and Crius II. I figured that I can always get another atty if I don't like either of them. I think that if those don't work for me, I'll seek out another with an air flow reducer.

Now it comes down to a wait on the slow boat from China for step 2... :thumb:

No worries on the hijacking...I still got the info I requested :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread