Video Review : Johnson Creek "Wild Cherry"

Status
Not open for further replies.

balldope

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Northern New Jersey - USA
Oh man, you are not kidding. This is nasty!!! I even tried cutting it with cola and it still was so overpowering you couldn't even taste any cola(3 parts Cola, 1 part Cherry). I think a "2" was generous maybe -2. JC should drop or change this formula. I also noticed that the carts that came with the "starter kit" has tons of glue in them, I never saw so much in a cart.

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Oh man you so hate Johnson Creek!!! I don't particularly like the Cherry either, but I do like the Coffee one. What sort of e-liquids do you like? Johnson Creek might not be for everyone, I think. Now I've had a sample or two, I seem to really like Kick liquid best.

I don't hate JC at all. I think they have a lot of work to do to bring their juice up to par with the rest of the world but I also think that some of their flavors are quite pleasant. Check my "Sweet Strawberry" and "Mint Chocolate Madness" reviews for reference.

The thing is; I'm not going to pull punches...for anyone.

I've had 2 distributors, who shall remain nameless (mostly because they're not a part of this forum) contact me through youtube and offer to send me free product in return for giving them good reviews.

Guess what: NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

If I like something, I say I like it. If I don't care for something, I say I don't care for it. If I hate something, I say I hate it.

I've said it before, I'll say it again (and I said the same thing to the people who contacted me). If a distributor wants to send me free product, I'll review it. I'll be 100% objective and truthful in my review scoring and in my critique. If the product is good, the scores will be good. If the product is crap, it'll be known that it's crap.

And for any distributors that may be reading this, let it be known...

If you email or pm me asking me to give you favorable reviews in return for free product, and you're a member of this forum, I *WILL* out you. I will copy and paste your email in a new thread so everyone can see it and I will make sure people know what you're about.

/rant

So, as I was saying; I don't hate JC, at all...I just think they have a lot of room for improvement.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Terraphon--You hit it right on the head--JC Wild Cherry tastes like something that was left out on the counter for a month--it is terrible. But I do not think you have tasted the worst if you can belief that---JC's Strawberry has to be the most vial of them all--so get ready to clean that atomizer out again if you do a review on the Strawberry as there are no words to descripe how nasty it is.

Again thanks for all the time and effort you put into your reviews--I know how time consuming they can be to produce and we all appreciate not wasting money----------Sun

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Terraphon--You hit it right on the head--JC Wild Cherry tastes like something that was left out on the counter for a month--it is terrible. But I do not think you have tasted the worst if you can belief that---JC's Strawberry has to be the most vial of them all--so get ready to clean that atomizer out again if you do a review on the Strawberry as there are no words to descripe how nasty it is.

Again thanks for all the time and effort you put into your reviews--I know how time consuming they can be to produce and we all appreciate not wasting money----------Sun

Hmmm...I did a review on the strawberry and the stuff I got was pretty good.

BUT...That would go to show for the inconsistency that's been reported across the board. The stuff I had wasn't bad at all.

cobaltrich27

ECF Veteran
Man, the look on your face said it all. I'd read good things about their Tenn. Cured and Vanilla Ice Cream flavors so I ordered them earlier this week. I sure hope those two are better than the JC flavors I have seen you review. Thanks for the video, and good luck cleaning that stuff out.

WoW I just watched that video :shock:

I am going to try out the JC sampler since there are some good things you and others have to say for some flavors.

This will be my first juice kit and yes I am one of those people that has to know what you went thru so I will be trying that flavor ROFL.

I just have to experience the Hell you went thru :evil:

Thanks for the video I have watched many of your reviews and think you are doing a great job helping me make my decision to try this kit.

I am now prepared for what is in store for me with that flavor and will go grab the kit LOL.

Last edited:

cobaltrich27

ECF Veteran
Well, Rich, I wish you luck.

JC's flavors seem to be very inconsistent so it's possible you'll get a batch that's really good.

Of course it's also possible you'll get a batch that's really bad.

Here's hoping you get one of the good ones!

Hey I just found puresmoker was a website I wanted to order when I first started research vaping but then they closed for a move now they are open and have a sampler. Think I should try them instead?

cobaltrich27

ECF Veteran
I haven't tried puresmoker's sampler but I have one on the way. From what I have heard about their juice, though, you're a LOT better off going that route.

Sounds great!!! What stopped me on JC was I couldnt find a coupon code but have one for puresmoker and they are offering free shipping so I will go with puresmoker.

Thanks.

OH I also notice I can get stronger juice but I cant get the drop down to choose it. I am using Windows 7 Beta so let me reboot this Macbook in Mac O.S. and retry the order.

Well I tried even booted up an XP Rig and its puresmoker not me. The drop down for juice size/strengths isnt working right now. I will email them and try again later today.

Will let ya know which flavors I like when I get them.

Last edit LOL: Nevermind I found the problem its just out of stock and doesnt say its out of stock HEHE.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...t-options-unavailable-unable-select-read.html

Last edited:
WoW I just watched that video :shock:

I am going to try out the JC sampler since there are some good things you and others have to say for some flavors.

This will be my first juice kit and yes I am one of those people that has to know what you went thru so I will be trying that flavor ROFL.

I just have to experience the Hell you went thru :evil:

Thanks for the video I have watched many of your reviews and think you are doing a great job helping me make my decision to try this kit.

I am now prepared for what is in store for me with that flavor and will go grab the kit LOL.

I can't believe something Terr did made anyone WANT to try JC :) LOL! I really like some of the JC flavors (I have to use them cause I am alergic to PG and they are he only one who sells VG) and I will be doing some reviews on some new things I got soon...

cobaltrich27

ECF Veteran
I can't believe something Terr did made anyone WANT to try JC :) LOL! I really like some of the JC flavors (I have to use them cause I am alergic to PG and they are he only one who sells VG) and I will be doing some reviews on some new things I got soon...

There was a couple of reviews/flavors he did like but um not the Wild Cherry for sure :D I will say that was the most entertaining review I have ever watched!!!

Terr dont ever think for a 2nd that you should change how you report. Just be yourself & review I now look forward to watching your reviews HEHE.

I got a response back from J/C asked them about new juice in April and they replied saying cant give me that information but there will be new products.

I do a lot of Beta Testing for Software Companies and in that world we have what they call an "NDA" (non disclosure agreement) so if they are testing flavors privately now and cant say hopefully there will be a "Hard Launch" (not advertised till the day its released) in April.

Until April I was going to take Terr advice and get the Puresmoker sampler but they are out of stock :confused: any advice on someone else with a sampler kit that is good quality?

Also can you describe what its like to use the JC without PG & is there a different way of using it or is as simple to drip like the PG stuff? Maybe I should try that will be one less additive?

Thanks.

Last edited:

fenez

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
N.Y
Terr I totally aggre the cherry tastes yuk. but the cured is pretty good I've vaped 90ml through 1 atomizer with no issues. the other thing. I know your the guy to answer this question. there has to be a higher nic than 36 simply because if there isn't then any flavored juice can't be 36. just a thought. I'm guessing you would know

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
hmm...I have no personal knowledge of anything over 36 but that's not to say it's not out there.

You would be correct that there has to be a base over 36mg IF the measurements are true. It is possible, though, that they could start with 36 and then dilute very slightly with flavoring.

I'm under the impression that it doesn't take much flavoring to do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread