Vinegar Burn

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Yes, was me who first tried what is now called the 'in place heat clean'. And I used vinegar too. It worked well, though the atomizer was not very old; maybe 1 week's use.

In short, I repeated this 5 or 6 times over perhaps a minute. Found a few bits of the deposit broke off but the rest stayed in place. The surprise was seeing that the rest had come off after 5 to 10 minutes of vaping use thereafter.

Exogenesis found hydrogen peroxide to work even better; probably because of the gas released (oxygen) breaking up the deposit.

CAUTION
Care is required, especially when handling the peroxide, and gloves and goggles are suggested. This technique is only for technically able people who understand the risks and that they are doing so under their own initiative.

Last edited:

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I use vinegar in my ultrasonic cleaner for atomizers and carts I am recycling. Washing out well with HOT water after 16 minutes in the cleaner. Seems to work quite well.

Not sure how Hydrogen peroxide would work in there, but I might give it a go at some point.

"Exogenesis found hydrogen peroxide to work even better; probably because of the gas released (oxygen) breaking up the deposit."

Doc & Fox3: Not sure if it would affect any part of the ultrasonic bath. I'd wait for Exogenesis to comment before trying it. Perhaps send him a PM. Although there is good reason to suppose the peroxide can clean a coil when heated in place on the coil, I cannot see a good reason for using it in an ultrasonic bath. Even with the vinegar it makes more sense to do these as two different steps: vinegar soak then ultrasonic bath; probably no pont to combine them. Even the vinegar might not be good for the ultrasonic device (unless the instructions say this is ok/a good idea).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread