Vision TOX with metal heads back in stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
Heh, just wanted to post this video review of the TOX here, seems that there's not a lot of videos of the TOX floating around. I got some good , macro shots in my vid. Sorry about the sniffles. Allergies, and asthma and allergy meds, made me kind of loopy. Be sure to click the gear icon on the bottom of the vid, to watch in HD :p

(I removed the video)

Last edited by a moderator:

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
Heh, just wanted to post this video review of the TOX here, seems that there's not a lot of videos of the TOX floating around. I got some good , macro shots in my vid. Sorry about the sniffles. Allergies, and asthma and allergy meds, made me kind of loopy. Be sure to click the gear icon on the bottom of the vid, to watch in HD :p

where ws that tox purchased in the video
if not from us then please remove it and post it in their forum, not all shipments are the same, litecig has a earlier version, safercig has a later version, and a few of us have a later verison then that.

any issue with the head of the tox will be addressed for anyone having a issue, none of ours we checked have a grinding bottom connector, so if thats from us i would love to have that one back, if its not then please post that video ont heir forum, thank you.

great review by the way, very detailed and yes the gap is on all ofhtem, but the threading is not the same form shipment to shipment.

ok you also mention the price so its not from us, im removing the video

you are free to discuss it here.

Last edited:

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
we are in contact with them and have been and progress is being made, once they have figured it all out we will have a answer for any one with a head issue, this doesnt apply to all of them, but it seems all vendors got some form of bad heads, if your head is bad contact you seller, if anyone bought one form us and has a bad head, you are covered and once the new heads are finished we will send them out to those with issues.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
As I said check it, if its faulty we will replace the head, no one needs to wrry, im more then on top of this as much as i can be, new heads are being checked and once ready they will ship and i will replace anyone that bought form us that has a issue, we love the tox and we want everyone that bought one to be happy, this obviously isnt our fault as many others selling it are effected but like i said its not all the units but the ones that have issues, new heads will be sent out.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Thanks so much, badkolo. I personally am amazed at how wonderfully you guys and the other vendors are handling this. I know its not any more fun for the vendors than the people having issues with their units, especially since you guys order bunches of these things and expect them to all work properly just like we do, and are out a whole lot more money if some of them don't. I know there's a little negativity floating around over the few people who've had major issues, but I personally haven't seen a bad word uttered anywhere in reference to the vendors. We know you guys are doing all you can to get this set right. So thanks so much, again, for taking the time to keep everyone in the loop. I for one am confident these are going to end up being pretty amazing pv's for the price... any growing pains aside.

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
Well shucks. Badkolo threw my Tox down here in the basement last Monday and didn't include a manual for it. Nothing unusual about that. He throws junk down here all the time and doesn't tell me what to do with it. Anyhow, I needed a laugh about then and am disappointed that I didn't get a chance to read it.

So, how does mine work? Probably about the same as others who report voltage readings that are not up to the manufacturer's claims.

About the most I get out of mine is 4.2 volts on the 6 volt setting with a fully charged battery. It regulates at about that voltage with loads from 2.4 to 3.8Ω, so at least the regulator is doing its job. The only voltage setting that could be considered correct is the 3 volt default. Mine reads 2.998 volts or there about with various loads, which is plenty close enough for me. On the 3.5 volt setting it provides 3.2 volts, or about the same as an eGo battery. Of course, all the other voltage settings are at least somewhat lower or considerably lower than indicated.

As for myself and the majority of others, these voltages are suitable for our needs. We don't really need anything above 4.2 volts, and it makes no difference about the indicated voltage. We just find a setting that works best for us and stick with it. But then, I want my battery to do more, more more!!! Just like it's supposed to. Damfino why.

Yep, the battery charger is universal, so the Tox batteries are a sloppy fit and the AC adapter plug is clumsy. I could live with that, but find it hard to accept the output. This thing only puts out 300mA, which is ridiculous for a 650 mAh eGo battery, and nowhere near fast enough for our 1600 mAh batteries.

Then there's the thing about loosing our settings when we change batteries. Perhaps something could be done about this if there is enough room inside the head for a small electrolytic capacitor. These things are almost the same thing as a battery with a very fast charge and discharge rate. A small one won't hold a charge for very long while draining, but all it needs to do is keep the data intact long enough to swap batteries. In addition, this capacitor could help stabilize the circuit while in use and provide a more consistent output. Just my thoughts tho. I could be wrong.

So maybe I could use a new head when they become available. But dammit, Bad. I don't want one unless it includes a user manual. Even an old man like me deserves a chuckle every now and then.

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
your new head is on its way br, once they arrive i will be contacting you, anyone with a head issue please make a ticket, once they arrive wew ill ship them out. and br i got a special manual for you. lol

It's probably too damn dark down here to read it.

Candle.gif

antfuzz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Delaware
badkolo,

I've been pleased with my TOX but then again I don't know if anything is wrong with it since I don't have a meter to test it under load. The one thing I can say is if I crank the voltage up to 5.5 to 6V I don't notice any difference from it being at 4.3. I would think I would either burn my juice or the coil would pop. I'm using a 2.7 fluxo. A small issue that's a bit annoying to me is the button is not making good contact with the switch inside to fire the unit. I have to press the button harder for it to fire.

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
badkolo,

I've been pleased with my TOX but then again I don't know if anything is wrong with it since I don't have a meter to test it under load. The one thing I can say is if I crank the voltage up to 5.5 to 6V I don't notice any difference from it being at 4.3. I would think I would either burn my juice or the coil would pop. I'm using a 2.7 fluxo. A small issue that's a bit annoying to me is the button is not making good contact with the switch inside to fire the unit. I have to press the button harder for it to fire.

At 4.3, you are probably getting about 3.6V-3.7V, at 6.0, you should be getting about 4.1V-4.2V, at least with the way mine is working. So, you should be seeing a little difference... well, with a fully charged battery. I haven't put in a drained battery to see the difference yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread