Vladdin RE

Status
Not open for further replies.

moodsmaster

Aug 1, 2018
I have now had 3 refills on one pod with a Net and it got better, but sadly enough now it stopped working. For now I have tried 3 different pods with differrent flavour and the only one which wasn't a NET, worked just fine. Maybe more aroma would help, but as of now it's a very good device, but for me ceramic coils and NETs just don't go well together.
If more aroma helps I'll keep it, but maybe I'll be forced to sell it, because I ordered one to vape in a cafe without bringing my squonk mod and NETs are my favourite taste with coffee...
Anyways I'll post about the results

• Useful
Reactions: BillW50

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I have now had 3 refills on one pod with a Net and it got better, but sadly enough now it stopped working. For now I have tried 3 different pods with differrent flavour and the only one which wasn't a NET, worked just fine.
How do mean they just quit? You mean quit as in not even firing? I bought 6 pods originally. I only used four of the six so far. So out of the four that I am using, one pod often doesn't fire. But it will if I twist the pod clockwise or press it in pretty hard. Either way it takes two hands usually. So not much fun using that one too often.

moodsmaster

Aug 1, 2018
Yeah, it stopped working, but your advice worked like a charm. Ok I'll have to take it back.
I think it takes some time, but now the flavour is starting to get really good for a pod. I did a new liquid with 3% more Aroma and that tastes even better. The percentage can't be tha same as in my squonk mods, but now I'm getting good flavour.
Thank you again for all your help.
One last question: is there a problem with lemon liquids and the pods material? I think the minift shoudn't be used with lemon aroma.

Slipstreem

Aug 10, 2018
Has anyone used these for an extended period of time? I bought a pair of them, and for the past week, am really impressed. Using 50mg salt (mango flavor) for a good throat hit, and absolutely no leaks. My question is, how many refills can I expect before changing to a new pod? So far, I only have 3 refills on any given pod (I keep several filled and rotate), but the coils still seems to be working ok. Also, I noticed that new pods need to be used a bit before the flavor/throat hits kick in. Anyone else have similar experience with that? Either way, an awesome product in my opinion so far :) Very happy to say that after 30 years of smoking, I havn't had a real cigarette in over 2 weeks. No cravings at all with this system.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Hi - yes, that sounds about right. I've had mine for a couple of weeks and it's working really well now. The first few days were fine, but it has improved.

I'm still on my first pod, and it's holding up well. I've been taking it to work, so it's getting some exercise. (I don't use it exclusively, mind). @BillW50 might have some useful feedback.

Congratulations, btw - that's really good going. And glad you're enjoying vaping - it's a clever trick!

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I felt the draw on my Vladdin RE was pretty darn tight so I got out my jeweler's files and took a little off where the arrows are pointing, better now but still a bit tight.
41301872_2099072376783642_3339595264598999040_n.jpg

Filed on the pod not the battery.

Last edited:

Mariano Jándula

Sep 19, 2018
Hi, I bought a refillable vladdin 10 days ago. I am having the following problem: the e-cig is throwing out very little smoke and, when inhaling, it feels something like sound to liquid, and part of the liquid comes out of the mouthpiece and falls into my mouth, which is quite unpleasant. What could be the problem? Could you give me an idea of how to solve it?

excuse me if I'm asking a fool, im new on this (trying to quit from a cigarrete)

Thanks u all

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Hi, I bought a refillable vladdin 10 days ago. I am having the following problem: the e-cig is throwing out very little smoke and, when inhaling, it feels something like sound to liquid, and part of the liquid comes out of the mouthpiece and falls into my mouth, which is quite unpleasant. What could be the problem? Could you give me an idea of how to solve it?

excuse me if I'm asking a fool, im new on this (trying to quit from a cigarrete)

Thanks u all

Sounds like it's flooded from drawing too hard. Have you tried clearing it?

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Drawing too hard causes flooding smoked25years? Strange, I have pulled my two Vladdins with DTL hits many times and it has never flooded. Although it does sound like Mariano Jándula problem is flooding. Although I have seen some pods not make a very good connection (about 1 out of 4 here). And pressing the pod in while you vape or twisting the pod clockwise slightly solves it. Although I know of no permanent fix for those pods. Could this cause flooding? Perhaps.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Drawing too hard causes flooding smoked25years? Strange, I have pulled my two Vladdins with DTL hits many times and it has never flooded. Although it does sound like Mariano Jándula problem is flooding. Although I have seen some pods not make a very good connection (about 1 out of 4 here). And pressing the pod in while you vape or twisting the pod clockwise slightly solves it. Although I know of no permanent fix for those pods. Could this cause flooding? Perhaps.

Just a guess as I don't have the Vladdin. But I do have the Infinix, Myblu, Ishare, Air and Drop. My impression is that a lot of noobs make the mistake of sucking rather than inhaling. Not a matter of MTL or DTL, imo. Some people are suckers. ;)

Mariano Jándula

Sep 19, 2018
Sounds like it's flooded from drawing too hard. Have you tried clearing it?

Hi smoked25years, ty so much for you reply. Now you mention it, the problem is probably from drawing too hard (i really dont know about "tecnics" to inhale, im just doing that like to the cigarrete).

I have not cleaned it because the truth is that i dont know how to do it (I only vaped less than 10 days ago and this is my first e- cig).

What I have done is to empty the container and use the electronic cigarette until it does not work because do not have liquid to burn. Then, I refilled the container with another different e-liquid (it seems to be more "watery" - the other one looks and feel more like oil-).

The problem seems to have been solved. I hope so.

Really thank you very much for the help.

Reactions: drysprocket

Mariano Jándula

Sep 19, 2018
Hi @Mariano Jándula - are you using thin e-liquid? I occasionally have the same problem when I use e-liquids that are 70% PG based. Liquids that use lots of PG are thinner and a little more prone to flooding/leaking/spitting.

Perhaps try a thicker liquid - 50/50 PG/VG might be worth a shot.

Hi, My Batt Hurs. I empty the container and use the electronic cigarette until it does not work because do not have liquid to burn. Then, I refilled the container with another different e-liquid (it seems to be more "watery" - the other one looks and feel more like oil-). The problem seems to be solved, but to be honest i dont know if it was because i "emptied" the container and then I refilled it, or because of the liquid change.

Really thanks you so much for you reply.

mewinzero

Sep 25, 2018
I recently got the vladdin and in about a week, two of the cartridges have just stopped working.

Tried the method listed above when just applying more pressure or twisting it, and that worked for a bit, but after a while it just died.

I have two units, so I checked to see if it was the unit itself, but no luck with either of them.

Took one of the cartridges apart to see if I could find anything out, and it looks like I burnt the coil? I use it pretty heavily, but I didn't expect it to just die like that.

Anyone have any experience with this? I like the vladdin a lot but not if the cartridges can't handle lots of usage.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Say mewinzero, if it was only one pod (cartridge), I wouldn't worry about it. I don't use my Vladdin much anymore. As I have been using my Orion pods more. And I also have to Vladdin pod mods and 6 pods (2 still unopened). I love to tell you that I refilled my 4 pods in use dozens of times. But sadly, I don't think I have even 1 dozen refills on any of them. And only one of them I have to twist or hold in to get it to work. But the rest are holding up fine.

mewinzero

Sep 25, 2018
Say mewinzero, if it was only one pod (cartridge), I wouldn't worry about it. I don't use my Vladdin much anymore. As I have been using my Orion pods more. And I also have to Vladdin pod mods and 6 pods (2 still unopened). I love to tell you that I refilled my 4 pods in use dozens of times. But sadly, I don't think I have even 1 dozen refills on any of them. And only one of them I have to twist or hold in to get it to work. But the rest are holding up fine.

So far it's been 2 of the 3 pods I've tried that have died on me. I got a 4 pack of replacement pods alongside the device itself. Both the pod that came with the Vladdin and one replacement pod have died, currently using another replacement pod.

I'm trying to be more careful with this one and take it a bit slower to see if it extends the lifespan. Who knows, I may just have gotten a couple not-so-great pods.

• Optimistic

Jezzasea

Dec 3, 2018
Hey guys. Sp a friend purchased a Vladdin RE the other day for my in Bali on my way back to Sydney. I usually use an Aspire K4 which has always been great but it broke and i'm waiting on a new one now.

Reviews for the Vladdin RE says it has consistent vape, but mine only works occasionally and leaks a lot. Have tried cleaning the pod and the battery but still has a mind of its own.

The first time I used it, I did accidentally fill the centre chamber of the pod rather than the side filling holes. Is this likely the cause of my ongoing issues? I did change to another pod, but the issue persists. It works very occasionally, but also starts firing of its own accord sometimes when I have it on charge.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Hi - Not sure - I think the centre chamber is the chimney, so you may have flooded the coil. With pods, it's wise to check for liquid on the bottom (exterior) of the pod and and in the battery at the point where the pod connects. Gently stick some rolled-up tissue in there and dry it out.

I do this fairly often because if liquid gets in (to the battery section), it may interfere with the draw activation.

Probably sounds a bit daft, but you could take the pod out and stand the battery upside down for a bit. If anything wants to drain out, there's a slim chance it might. That's just a guess though.

Better advice will follow.

Jezzasea

Dec 3, 2018
Hi - Not sure - I think the centre chamber is the chimney, so you may have flooded the coil. With pods, it's wise to check for liquid on the bottom (exterior) of the pod and and in the battery at the point where the pod connects. Gently stick some rolled-up tissue in there and dry it out.

I do this fairly often because if liquid gets in (to the battery section), it may interfere with the draw activation.

Probably sounds a bit daft, but you could take the pod out and stand the battery upside down for a bit. If anything wants to drain out, there's a slim chance it might. That's just a guess though.

Better advice will follow.

Hey mate,

Thanks for your response.
I think you may be right, as there is liquid on the bottom of the pod, and despite cleaning excess liquid off as you suggested it keeps coming back.
My mistake for being too eager and not reading the instructions first, i'm used to tanks and the pod seemed pretty simple but here we are.
Will try standing the battery upside down and see if that helps.
That said, if the coil has flooded do you think I've I likely ruined the vape?

Cheers,
Jez

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Hey mate,

Thanks for your response.
I think you may be right, as there is liquid on the bottom of the pod, and despite cleaning excess liquid off as you suggested it keeps coming back.
My mistake for being too eager and not reading the instructions first, i'm used to tanks and the pod seemed pretty simple but here we are.
Will try standing the battery upside down and see if that helps.
That said, if the coil has flooded do you think I've I likely ruined the vape?

Cheers,
Jez

Hi - The battery's probably the bigger concern. With a metal needle-tip bottle, or a syringe, you could maybe extract some liquid form the pod - being careful to avoid damage to the coil. If you can get the battery up and running, you might even be able to "vape through" the excess liquid. The first few puffs won't be great, but it should get better.

You could remove the rubber stopper from the top of the pod and let it rest on its side. Liquid might drain out, but I don't know.

If you decide to use that pod, make sure there's at least a little liquid in it first - not just the liquid in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread