Vladdin RE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jezzasea

Dec 3, 2018
Hi - The battery's probably the bigger concern. With a metal needle-tip bottle, or a syringe, you could maybe extract some liquid form the pod - being careful to avoid damage to the coil. If you can get the battery up and running, you might even be able to "vape through" the excess liquid. The first few puffs won't be great, but it should get better.

You could remove the rubber stopper from the top of the pod and let it rest on its side. Liquid might drain out, but I don't know.

If you decide to use that pod, make sure there's at least a little liquid in it first - not just the liquid in the middle.

Hi, thanks for the advice. Unfortunately i didn't work, I think I definitely flooded the coil. Alas, think i'll just wait for the K3 i'm expecting which will hopefully arrive soon.

Cheers,
Jez

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
How long are you suppose to wait for the coils to prime? I waited bout 5-7 minutes and my pod is being weird. It will have a flavor thats fine for the first couple, and then taste burnt the next. This is a brand new pod BTW and im using milkman salt sweet mint

I wait a lot longer, just to be safe. And I also suck in before I put the pod in, to really get that juice in there. Don't' know that juice, but it could have too much VG. I believe this is made for 50/50 juices.

Reactions: BillW50

PodVaper

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2019
Asia-Pacific
Right now i got a funny taste after using the same cartridge for 1 week with 4 refills now.

It's not smooth as much as it was in the first couple of days not burn hits just weird taste,so i decided to separate it to see whats inside.

Also there are 2 pods, first one that I flooded and burnt and the second one which I'm using about a week. The first broke in half after the separations.

Basically whats inside the pod is one top layer of cotton then the ceramic coil which inside has the wire to heat up.

After investiagtion and conclusion it seems that the wire got black and burnt which also might affect the taste after using it for a while.

But the pods are not that expensive and was worth for a good start to quit smoking, still a better output flavor than my SourinAir and Rincoe in overall.

How long you guys had been using the pods until change to a new one?

Be well,

Attachments

• IMG_20190121_194819.jpg
    IMG_20190121_194819.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20190121_193950.jpg
    IMG_20190121_193950.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20190121_194307.jpg
    IMG_20190121_194307.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20190121_194333.jpg
    IMG_20190121_194333.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20190121_194733.jpg
    IMG_20190121_194733.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 81
Reactions: My Batt Hurts

PodVaper

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2019
Asia-Pacific
Hi - quite a long time, but that's with unflavoured liquid and light to medium use (?).
I still enjoy the Vladdin - it has a nice draw.

Thanks for the interesting post, btw.
Hi @My Batt Hurts ,
Thanks for the info and agreed it has a nice draw.

I'm most likely using it medium-heavy and use some other pods whenever I'm charging or priming the VladdinRe.

Reactions: My Batt Hurts

sycojt

Feb 6, 2019
Hey guys, my vladdin lights stays on and starts burning after i draw vapour. sometimes the lights flashing, sometiimes it just stays on. at the start if i took the pod out and put it back on it would stop. but I did that everytime i used it and now it stays on even after removing the pod. and I can hear it burning up even though there is no airflow. anyone know what the issue is and how i could fix it?

I tried cleaning the metal pins on the unit and the metal parts on the pod already and it didnt work

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Hey guys, my vladdin lights stays on and starts burning after i draw vapour. sometimes the lights flashing, sometiimes it just stays on. at the start if i took the pod out and put it back on it would stop. but I did that everytime i used it and now it stays on even after removing the pod. and I can hear it burning up even though there is no airflow. anyone know what the issue is and how i could fix it?

I tried cleaning the metal pins on the unit and the metal parts on the pod already and it didnt work
At that cost, having a device that fires when it's not supposed to? No way I'd even consider for a moment keeping and trying to fix it. Not worth risking a car, house, or limb over twenty something dollars.

PodVaper

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2019
Asia-Pacific

Hi @sycojt ,

Just wanted to know, for how long did you have this device and how much are you using it ?
Just want to know the time line of using it, as I'm using it for only a month but switches to other pods while charging or on traveling. What I have seen is that the indicator and the fire up mechanism stays on a bit long after each draw since I'm using it at the first time, but no miss firing as you had stated.

I'm also a bit of a cleaner whenever I do a refill or using it for a while, I will take it apart and clean the bottom of the cart and inside the pod contacts from time to time. It's not leaking that much but just want to make sure no leaking went into the pod device.

Be well,

PodVaper

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2019
Asia-Pacific
Had it for less than a month, but I flew with a pod inside it and it leaked at high altitude, it worked fine for a week after that, but if i was to guess something happened during that leak that has ruined the mod
That's actually a good note, to separate the cart from the pod when flying to prevent leaking. I'm actually doing this with any traveling and before sleeping, to prevent a possible leak with all devices.

I must say, sometimes when I'm filling it *normally* it starts to leak from the bottom out, easy to prevent this is to put a finger on the bottom, once done put the rubber on the top and close it. Then let it sit for while, I'm mostly prepare this in advance especially when its a new cart. The flavor will be really good after the cart is almost empty, next refill will hold the flavor where it was. I used to had 3 full refills which is actually 6 times as I'm half filling it each time.

Currently stopped using it and testing another device(s).

Be well,

Slipstreem

Aug 10, 2018
Been using this system for about 8 months now. I've found it has it's pros and cons. From my experience, can share I can share a few comments:

Using the right liquid, it hits hard (I use SaltBAE Red Mango - 50mg). Maybe too hard for some, but it's what I like. The battery and pods are fairly inexpensive, but that's a good thing, because I've found that about 20% of the pods you buy are duds right out of the box. Some will work for a few hours, then quit. Others may last a day, and I've had others last up to a month with no problem and heavy usage.
When first starting a new pod, they taste pretty bad. I've found it takes an hour of use to get that "new" taste out of the coil (whatever it is). After that, your good to go. I've heard of people talking about leaks but honestly, i've never had ONE. Is one of the main reasons I still use this system. You can turn them upside down, leave em in a hot car, or whatever. Sometimes you may get a small amount of condensation around the inside of the pod, but it cleans up easily, and doesn't seem to affect the coil.
For the coils that quit working (they just refuse to activate a draw-no battery light comes on), I've found that some of them will come back by pulling the pod out, and tapping that bottom a few times on a hard surface. I havn't tried the twisting, but will on my next dud. I've had to replace 3 battery mods that just quit working, but to be fair, I dropped one in coffee that continued to work for about a week. Once the coils start giving out, they will begin to taste horrible, and replacement is necessary. Again, I find this fairly cheap (especially compared with smoking), and I have been ignoring the high failure rate for now. I keep 2 of these on me at all times, because the battery life could be better. It's not horrible, but 1 will definitely not last you through the day, and if your going out, it's better to have a spare. I really like the draw on these things. It's perfect for me, so reluctant to try another. Anyone out there use these and found a similar setup that works better?

kerubin

Feb 22, 2019
Hi guys, I need some help.
I'm using a Vladdin Re, and this is my first vape pen. Let me just provide some context from the start.
So I was told by the guy in the vape shop that 5 pods could last me around 2 months, with regular usage (not overdrawing it and just a puff every minute or so). My first pod (the one provided in the box) had a pretty good lifespan and no issues except for intensive leakage. It lasted for two weeks before I had to change it cause the taste was getting burnt and brown liquid was condensing in the "sucking tube", which gave me a tiny taste of juice every once in awhile.

The second pod was a lot more disappointing, only lasting 2-3 days and it stopped working. The pen would light up, indicating that it was firing but no vapor would be released, and I couldn't taste anything either. Think that maybe the pod was just a dud, I changed it to a third pod. BUT, sure enough it only lasted 2 days as well. It's weird to me because while the first pod leaked quite a bit, and the juice was turning brown, the second and third pod I took immaculate care for: wiping the bottom of the pod and the top of the battery inside the slot regularly, blowing out any excess condensation in the "sucking tube", not over drawing and letting the cotton saturate properly. It is honestly baffling as I have seen many many great reviews for the Vladdin Re.

So what can I do to fix it? BTW these are the steps that I have tried to resolve this issue:
Letting the pod rest (5-10 minutes, an hour, a few hours, a few days)
knocking the pod and the pen on the desk lightly

There aren't any other solutions available online and it seems that the only other alternative is to change to another pod, which isn't cheap where I live (4 pods for 15 dollars).

I would be grateful for any assistance!

• Optimistic

Slipstreem

Aug 10, 2018
Hey Kerubin,

Since my previous post, I had a large shipment of pods come in. With this batch, I am experiencing about a 60% pod failure within the first hour or right out of the package. It seems there are quality control or design issues with these pods. You are not alone. I'm not sure there is anything we can do. I am already looking for an alternative, but there are so many out there, and don't want to invest in something without knowing it will work for me. Its such a shame, because other then the pods, it is quite literally perfect for my needs. Will keep everyone posted if I find a product thats similar and seems to work well.

• Informative
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread