Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I have Purilum Golden Pineapple. Is this the one you mentioned or is there another? In my tasting notes, I felt it was a sweet, cooked pineapple, juicier than CAP Golden and not acidic. I haven't tried mixing with it yet. Thanks for the review. I will give it a go.
Yes golden, I get no cooked notes from it. My favorite stand alone pineapple is still WF (SC). Favorite candy pineapple is HS with a bit of Cap golden added.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I kinda forgot about this thread. I bought several VT flavors. I really like the blueberry milkshake at 7% with 2-3% tfa blueberry extra. The juicy raspberry is really good too. I like it at 7-10% solo and am working on figuring out percentages to mix it with pudding base.

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2016
    North Carolina
    @dobroeutro may be able to help with that.

I'm not a fruit lover, but do use them as accents/companions in a variety of mixes. I have not as yet ventured into any of the VTA fruits, so really have no idea about percentages. I do have several flavored puddings aging. So far, I like the Pudding Base @ 4% with 1% Custard (INW) as the base. I generally start @ 50 - 60% complimenting flavor(s) to base. What I've mixed so far:

Chocolate Pudding
    Pudding Base (VTA) 4%
    Chocolate Chunks (WF) 2.25%
    Custard (INW) 1%
    Australian Chocolate (Hangsen) .75%
    Hazelnut (FW) .5%

Vanilla Pudding
    Pudding Base (VTA) 4%
    Vanilla Overload (Gremlin) 2%
    Custard (INW) 1%
    Vanilla Shisha (INW) 1%
    Coconut (FA) .5%

Pistachio Pudding
    Pudding Base (VTA) 4%
    Pistachio (TFA) 2%
    Custard (INW) 1%
    Almond (FA) 1%
    Vanilla Shisha (INW) .5%

They're still young, so the results are still out & I'll likely make adjustments... :cool:

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    @FranC - from reading posts on the Chefs Flavours FB page and from reading my new friend Liam's flavor notes, I think we used the VTA Russian Vodka way too low. He says it gets boozy and tastes like vodka at 5%. As soon as I find a minute or two, I will retest my Sea Breeze and Bay Breeze cocktail recipes at 5%. IIRC, I used 1 or 2% when I first tried them out.

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    Tasted my VTA toffee ice cream sf (mixed the 12th) and can tell I'll be wanting a larger bottle of this one. Very good but need an added toffee boost, mixed this up before work.
    HS caramel toffee 1.5%
    FA cookie biscotto .5%
    FE oak milk 1.5%
    WF(SC) sugar cone 2%
    VTA toffee IC 3.5%
    Looks good! How’d it come out?

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I don't think I mentioned in this thread the success I had by raising the % of the VTA Russian Vodka to 5 in my recipes. This is the one I can't put down!

Fizzy Sea Breeze
    Aurora (FA) 1%
    Cranberry (TPA) 3%
    Lime Tahity (Cold Pressed) (FA) .5%
    Pink Guava (Flavorah) 1%
    Ruby Red Grapefruit (Natural) (FW) 1.75%
    Russian Vodka (VTA) 5%
    Soda Base (SC) (Real Flavors) 2%
    White Grapefruit (INAWERA) .25%
    WS-23 30% .5 to .75%

Last edited:

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    It's pretty good but needs trimmed. Mixed a little with my FW butter pecan sft and it rounded it out some. Working on v2 and v3 recipes. Think I'll drop the oak milk and sugar cone, touch too sweet for this mix. Will try waffle cone instead. thinking one with Italian cream and one with waffle cone.
    Added it to my mixing list but had to sub WF(SC) Sugar Cone with WF(SC) Crepe & .25% CAP SS. After seeing this though, I dropped oak milk & SS and added FW Butter Pecan. I didn’t see a name for it so I saved it as Toffee Ice Cream Cone. I have a love affair with toffees:p So now I have...

Toffee Ice Cream Cone
    1% Butter Pecan (FW)
    1.5% Caramel Toffee (Hangsen)
    .5% Cookie (Biscotto) (FA)
    2% Crepe (SC) (WF)
    3.5% Toffee Ice Cream (VTA)
    Steep: 14 Days

Being that you have experience with most of these mixed together and if you don’t mind, any suggested changes? Sorta feel like butter pecan is too high but not certain.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Since this is the first day of Fall, I tasted my SFTs of apple flavors. VTA's Granny Smith Apple and Green Apple are delicious. I don't think their Fuji will win the Fuji battle but you never know. :)

vape TRAIN

• Granny Smith Apple

Tested at 2%. This is sweet and juicy on the inhale and turns tart on the exhale. There is a hit of peel at the end of the vape. It is fairly true to a Granny Smith Apple. The flavor is tart-sweet, bright, crisp, and fresh. Juicy is a real plus with this flavor as juicy is rare in an apple flavor. I’d use as a main note 3%-5%, background 2%-3%, accent 1%-2% and stand-alone at 5%- 10%. This should mix well with other apple flavors, any fruit that needs some apple, cocktails vapes, and even bakeries. This one is worth owning if you like apple and no steep is needed.
    • Green Apple

Tested at 2%. This is a juicy, tart, green apple. It tastes very fresh and authentic. The tartness increases with a 2 week steep. It is much like the Granny Smith flavor from Vape Train only more tart. Again, the juiciness is a major plus for the flavor. This one is a winner too, IMO. Use with other apples, fruits, candies, lemonades, gin, bakeries. I’d use as a main note at 3%-5%, background 2%-3%, accent 0.5%-2% and standalone at 5%-9%.
    • Fuji Red Apple

Tested at 2%. This is a nice apple flavor if less authentic tasting as a SFT. It is sweet and tastes like apple juice with a peel note. It is sweeter than FA Fuji or Jungle Flavors Fuji, more of a candied apple flavor. There is less texture to this, so not as fleshy as the other Fujis but it is maybe juicier. It doesn't have the juicy component of the VTA Green Apple and the Granny Smith. I need to mix with this flavor to understand it fully, but based on SFT of FA Fuji and JF Fuji, I think that VTA will lose the race on Fuji. Others recommend going higher in percentage with this than with the other Fujis, esp. for the flavor to become juicy. Maybe around 8% as a stand-alone apple flavor.

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    (Not necessarily for you, for others that may be confused)-

Vape Train is the company, the initials are to avoid confusion with Vaperstek. Its a flavor company from Australia. It ("VTA")doesn't make much sense because Vaperstek doesn't make any flavors. But VTA it is.
    Got it.
    Only saw it named VTA on ELR.
    Thought VT was something new.
    Thanks for the reviews....

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    Sorry all; I'm running off-topic for a second... again.:facepalm:
    As for INW Vanilla Cream :( I'm also greatly saddened I can't find it anymore and it doesn't seem to be on Inawera's website the last couple of times I looked.
    @ceeceeisme, I know you are in Canada, but if you are willing to buy from the US, Bull City is still offering INW-Vanilla Cream.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    The VTA mandarin is nice but weak at 3.5%; since many orange flavors needs a good steep I'll keep testing once a week for a while before going up to 5%. I haven't got around to the coffee liqueur, fizzy sherbet, or blood orange champagne yet. Mixed up some irish cream for Meg but she hasn't gotten back to me about it yet.

Twins Win

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 7, 2018
    I usually start with 5% for anything non-tobacco and that I haven't been warned is really strong.

You said the avocado flavor is weak. Is there anything else intense about this flavor? Maybe sweetness or something? Anything to make 5% seem like too much?

I wonder if adding a little lemon flavoring would make it taste more like guacamole.

I usually start with 5% for anything non-tobacco and that I haven't been warned is really strong.

You said the avocado flavor is weak. Is there anything else intense about this flavor? Maybe sweetness or something? Anything to make 5% seem like too much?

I wonder if adding a little lemon flavoring would make it taste more like guacamole.
    I dont think its very sweet, just really creamy. If you want more avacado it might come out at higher percentages. Here's a snipit of the recommend for Avacado Cream from the VT website-
    Screenshot_2018-05-12-08-22-16-1.png

So yeah, I was pretty low.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread