Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Added it to my mixing list but had to sub WF(SC) Sugar Cone with WF(SC) Crepe & .25% CAP SS. After seeing this though, I dropped oak milk & SS and added FW Butter Pecan. I didn’t see a name for it so I saved it as Toffee Ice Cream Cone. I have a love affair with toffees:p So now I have...

Toffee Ice Cream Cone
1% Butter Pecan (FW)
1.5% Caramel Toffee (Hangsen)
.5% Cookie (Biscotto) (FA)
2% Crepe (SC) (WF)
3.5% Toffee Ice Cream (VTA)
Steep: 14 Days

Being that you have experience with most of these mixed together and if you don’t mind, any suggested changes? Sorta feel like butter pecan is too high but not certain.
I don’t have the crepe, but I will be dropping the biscotto myself. I only used it to give the cone a boost. I will be using FW butter pecan and cream. It is sweet too but changing the cone and cookie should knock down the sweetness. I think I've read the just butter pecan is a strong flavor so maybe start low. With the cream version I'm using I will start at 1%. Probably end up at 1.5 I'm guessing unless the waffle is more prominent than I expect.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Since this is the first day of Fall, I tasted my SFTs of apple flavors. VTA's Granny Smith Apple and Green Apple are delicious. I don't think their Fuji will win the Fuji battle but you never know. :)

vape TRAIN

• Granny Smith Apple

Tested at 2%. This is sweet and juicy on the inhale and turns tart on the exhale. There is a hit of peel at the end of the vape. It is fairly true to a Granny Smith Apple. The flavor is tart-sweet, bright, crisp, and fresh. Juicy is a real plus with this flavor as juicy is rare in an apple flavor. I’d use as a main note 3%-5%, background 2%-3%, accent 1%-2% and stand-alone at 5%- 10%. This should mix well with other apple flavors, any fruit that needs some apple, cocktails vapes, and even bakeries. This one is worth owning if you like apple and no steep is needed.
  • Green Apple

Tested at 2%. This is a juicy, tart, green apple. It tastes very fresh and authentic. The tartness increases with a 2 week steep. It is much like the Granny Smith flavor from Vape Train only more tart. Again, the juiciness is a major plus for the flavor. This one is a winner too, IMO. Use with other apples, fruits, candies, lemonades, gin, bakeries. I’d use as a main note at 3%-5%, background 2%-3%, accent 0.5%-2% and standalone at 5%-9%.
  • Fuji Red Apple

Tested at 2%. This is a nice apple flavor if less authentic tasting as a SFT. It is sweet and tastes like apple juice with a peel note. It is sweeter than FA Fuji or Jungle Flavors Fuji, more of a candied apple flavor. There is less texture to this, so not as fleshy as the other Fujis but it is maybe juicier. It doesn't have the juicy component of the VTA Green Apple and the Granny Smith. I need to mix with this flavor to understand it fully, but based on SFT of FA Fuji and JF Fuji, I think that VTA will lose the race on Fuji. Others recommend going higher in percentage with this than with the other Fujis, esp. for the flavor to become juicy. Maybe around 8% as a stand-alone apple flavor.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Now for the lemons. I have found my new favorites at VTA, both flavors that BCF doesn't carry yet. I hope that changes.

VAPE TRAIN

• Lemonade (Clear)

Tested at 7%. Strong, sour lemon on the S&V. After 48 hours, it is a fairly sweet/tart lemonade flavor. After 7 days, the lemonade flavor is stronger. At 18 days, it is still bright and delicious. It is a bright tart, realistic lemonade with no fizz. Of the lemonades I have tried, this is my favorite. I would use it like LA Lemonade at the same percentages, though this lemonade flavor is brighter and tarter and just a more fresh lemonade tasting than LA. Use this as the primary lemonade flavor at 4%-7%. As a background 2%-4%, stand-alone 7%-10%. This the perfect lemonade for mixing with other fruit flavors to make a Pink Lemonade or another fruit lemonade as the lemon flavor will hold up. It does fade though not after two weeks. I don't know how long until the fade begins.
  • Lemonade (Solo)

Tested at 6%. This is stronger than the Clear but a bit perfumy on the S&V. Mostly a sweet flavor at this point. At 7 days, it is a sweet, soft lemonade flavor with less perfume on the exhale and the lemonade flavor is about equal to the Clear but sweeter, yet rather sharp and acidic. At 18 days, the flavor has faded a bit and lacks the bright lemon flavor of Clear. There is a very light perception of effervescence. This will probably be best used at 2% in a mix. There is better effervescence from other flavors, like Fizzy Sherbet or RF Soda Base, so I don't see that Lemonade Solo fills a void in flavors.
  • Sour Lemon

Tested at 3.5%. Tart and bright after 48 hours if a bit weak. At 7 days, the flavor is stronger but doesn't give the sour I expected from something called Sour Lemon. At 15 days, the sourness has increased. This is now a pleasant sour juicy lemon including a bit of lemon flesh. It is the tartest of the all the lemons I have tried. I LOVE THIS FLAVOR! It is great for adding some real tart lemon to a lemon or lemonade mix. 2 to 3% will do the trick. There is no noticeable fade at 19 days.

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I have to get the granny and the green. Been chasing a green apple that isn't more candy than fruit. Thank you. FLV granny is okay, not a sf but good with pineapple. Haven't gotten a handle on % yet, always have a hard time nailing FLV flavors. Not sure they're worth the effort.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Okay sour lemon makes the list too. Clear will make the refill list.

Unfortunately, Bull City doesn't have that one yet. I do hope they end up with the whole line. There are some winners among the flavors they don't carry.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I just want over and put in my 2 cents worth on those flavors. *fingers crossed*
Think he and wllmc were both called to the VTA thread too. They're pretty good about getting flavors if a few of us chime in. There's some yogurt drink wildgypsy was carrying on about I want to try as well.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Think he and wllmc were both called to the VTA thread too. They're pretty good about getting flavors if a few of us chime in. There's some yogurt drink wildgypsy was carrying on about I want to try as well.

Maybe my chiming in will help with the numbers. I read the post about the yogurt drink. Oh, and fruitcake. :blink: My vaping world is way too tame but it suits me. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread