Not open for further replies.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Revised vape Train Apple Flavor Notes after mixing with them.

vape TRAIN
  • Granny Smith Apple

Tested at 2%. This is sweet and juicy on the inhale and turns tart on the exhale. There is a hint of peel at the end of the vape. It is fairly true to a Granny Smith Apple and definitely an authentic green apple. The flavor is tart-sweet, bright, crisp, and fresh. Juicy is a real plus with this flavor as juicy is rare in an apple flavor. I’d use as a main note 3%-5%, background 2%-3%, accent 1%-2% and stand-alone at 5%- 10%. This should mix well with other apple flavors, any fruit that needs some apple, cocktails vapes, and even bakeries. This one is worth owning if you like apple and no steep is needed.
  • Green Apple

Tested at 2%. This is a juicy, tart, green apple. It tastes very fresh and authentic. The tartness increases with a 2 week steep. It is much like the Granny Smith flavor from Vape Train only more tart and with less bright and fresh flavor. The juiciness is a major plus for this flavor. If you want a green apple, this one is good, the Granny Smith is better. Use with other apples, fruits, candies, lemonades, gin, bakeries. I’d use as a main note at 3%-5%, background 2%-3%, accent 0.5%-2% and standalone at 5%-9%.
  • Fuji Red Apple

Tested at 2%. This is a nice apple flavor if less authentic tasting as a SFT. It is sweet and tastes like apple juice with a peel note. It is sweeter than FA Fuji or Jungle Flavors. There is a texture to this, like apple juice with the pulp left in. A Fuji apple is the sweetest apple variety, so maybe the sweetness of this flavor is quite authentic. It doesn't have as much of juicy component of the VTA Green Apple and the Granny Smith, but there is juice. After mixing with it, I like it very much. It is smoother than FA or JF with no harshness. Use this wherever you want an authentic sweet red apple. Others recommend going higher in percentage with this than with the other Fujis, esp. for the flavor to become juicy. Maybe around 8% as a stand-alone apple flavor and 4% in a mix. I mixed it with Granny Smith at 2% each and got the best of both. Since the Granny Smith is a bit stronger, 3% Fuji with 2% Granny Smith might be better.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
Bump.

I don't want this thread to die like the Inawera one did.

VTA Toffee Ice Cream is pretty dang good! I made the recipe Toffee Nut Custard by @dobroeutro and I'm really liking it. Next time I may sub out the WF Hazelnuts and Cream for WF Roasted Pecans and Cream for a different nut variation. :thumbs:

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
I got the toffee ice cream on my last order but haven’t tried it yet. I need to go through my screen shots and see if I have that recipe.

Let me know if you need it - I made it exactly as written (which is rare for me) and I found it really good after only a week. I need to revisit it again in a few days when it will be 2 weeks old.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
Bump.

I don't want this thread to die like the Inawera one did.

VTA Toffee Ice Cream is pretty dang good! I made the recipe Toffee Nut Custard by @dobroeutro and I'm really liking it. Next time I may sub out the WF Hazelnuts and Cream for WF Roasted Pecans and Cream for a different nut variation. :thumbs:

Dang, there's another addition to my wish list. I looked at that when I placed my last order but decided to hold off as I had so many other new ones to play with already. Would you reshare the recipe?

I'm enjoying the Light Rum and Whiskey, but haven't mixed the G&T yet or bourbon. I have to play more with pudding base and creme caramel (creme brulee was sold out). Still have to mix up chocolate mousse too. Happily going down the VTA rabbit hole. LOL.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
Chocolate mousse is so good! Great stand alone.

It was on my list to mix, but I ran short of nic. I didn't realize the bottle was mostly empty. :facepalm:
I pulled a bottle out of the freezer and it's chilling in the fridge.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Dang, there's another addition to my wish list. I looked at that when I placed my last order but decided to hold off as I had so many other new ones to play with already. Would you reshare the recipe?

I'm enjoying the Light Rum and Whiskey, but haven't mixed the G&T yet or bourbon. I have to play more with pudding base and creme caramel (creme brulee was sold out). Still have to mix up chocolate mousse too. Happily going down the VTA rabbit hole. LOL.

This recipe is by @dobroeutro :)

Toffee Nut Custard

FW Yellow Cake 1.5%
INW Custard 2%
WF Hazelnuts and Cream 2.5%
VTA Pudding Base 2%
VTA Toffee Ice Cream 3.5%
TFA Sweetener 1% (optional or to taste)

I used .35% Cap Super Sweet and it's plenty sweet for me.
Very good at 1 week and probably much better at 2 weeks :D

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Apples are on the wish list, but BCV doesn't have the Fuji and Lemonade Clear or Sour Lemon. May have to order from Chef's.

Also need Aurora and Molinberry Shape Up Pear (forgot where to get that).
Aurora is FA and Molinberry is sold also on Vaperstek.org. I tried to order 2 bottles when I placed my order earlier this week but they would let me only have 1. Don't know if they were limiting the amount one order could get or if they only had the 1 in stock. You may want to check to see if they have more?

:)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Apples are on the wish list, but BCV doesn't have the Fuji and Lemonade Clear or Sour Lemon. May have to order from Chef's.

Also need Aurora and Molinberry Shape Up Pear (forgot where to get that).
Vapers tek carries Molinberry. Roundhouse said they were going to carry more VTA flavors, might take a couple more weeks to get them in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread