• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

VWM Nextgen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denieru82

Jan 21, 2014
Singapore
Hi all, got poison from u guys and got my nextgen on Monday..! Watched a few video on YouTube and try building it.. Not a newbie in occ rba but 1st time handling a Genesis.. Here r some problem I am facing now and hope senior bros can help.. :)

1) what r the reasons that it will get short during building..? Got short a number of time while building.. Usually it is the coil that got short or the ss mesh..? Never work with ss mesh before.. If it touches the internal wall, will it cause short..?

2) how do we improve the wicking..? Or should i say, how do we wick for it to wick well..? Cause it seems I got quite a number of dry hits.. I did check for hot spot and have clear all of them..

3) does the carbon on wick or coil build up very fast..? Because my juice in the tank changes it colour to darker very fast..

4) lastly, how to dry burn..? Is it same as normal non Genesis rba..? Like dry build it till coil turn red then pour a little water on the coil and wick then dry build again over a few times..?

Thanks you all in advance for advise

seraphe

Account closed on request
Aug 19, 2015
Same here. I'm still such a noob when it comes to Genesis build. This is my 2nd attempt at a mesh in mesh setup and I'm still not able to clear the hot spots totally.

7977f0e968ce3de0821330f9178387ae.jpg

Here's the best I can do for this attempt after much adjustments:

Can any lao jiao advise how to clear the hot spot on the top?

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
Same here. I'm still such a noob when it comes to Genesis build. This is my 2nd attempt at a mesh in mesh setup and I'm still not able to clear the hot spots totally.

7977f0e968ce3de0821330f9178387ae.jpg

Here's the best I can do for this attempt after much adjustments:

Can any lao jiao advise how to clear the hot spot on the top?

For that hotspot, use a small needle or a screw driver, slowly pulse and adjust the coil

It will glow from middle out

Sent from Gotham City using Tapatalk

seraphe

Aug 19, 2015
For that hotspot, use a small needle or a screw driver, slowly pulse and adjust the coil

It will glow from middle out

That's the part I don't quite get. Use the needle or screw driver to do exactly what? Press the coil? Pick at it? Move that part of the coil up or down?

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
That's the part I don't quite get. Use the needle or screw driver to do exactly what? Press the coil? Pick at it? Move that part of the coil up or down?
By pulsing and release the fire button, use the needle or screw driver to rub against the hotspot, do not get your needle into the positive and negative, it will create a short and the wire will break off

Lucky you are using a SX mini set to low W first and slowly pulse it

seraphe

Aug 19, 2015
By pulsing and release the fire button, use the needle or screw driver to rub against the hotspot, do not get your needle into the positive and negative, it will create a short and the wire will break off

Lucky you are using a SX mini set to low W first and slowly pulse it

Thanks! I've been wondering for the longest time. You've just cleared my mind about it.

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
Thanks! I've been wondering for the longest time. You've just cleared my mind about it.
Glad you solved the hotspot issues hot spot are nasty on Genesis

When I was on Genesis tank and mech, there are more safely issues to watch out for. Including checking if the battery can handle the ohm and always use half drain battery for pulsing on mech mod

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
Tried your advice and this is the result. Is it good enough? The bottom part of coil still slow to glow though?

Also I find the airflow much better with all open. Looks kinda funny but faster drag. You should try it. Hahaha

2b8977231918fce16f8484f32546cfac.jpg

The glow from center out looks better but you got to be patience slowly pulse the remove the hotspot, from the video, at the top has some hot spot which determine it is not properly tighten down

After several rounds you should perfect it

I don't have a nextgen, so I won't be able to try out the fully open air hole. My experience based on my Genesis tank on mech that I used over 1 year ago.

ahmadmfz

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2014
red dot
Seraphe your build looks pretty good, but it's glowing more towards the top than the bottom. Pulse it a little more, prod the coils a little to get rid of the hotspots.

Remember if it glows evenly from the inside out, you have to do it at least 5 times consecutively to make sure it is really swee swee stable.

Looks like you only have 3 wraps though. On gennies you should try to aim for 1 ohm and above. You are chasing for flavour after all.

Your wick seems a little thick too. Remember to not completely fill the wick hole with mesh as you want to let juice to breathe and travel up the mesh more easily. The more mesh there is, the slower juice wicks up.

I'm assuming you're using #200 inner and #400 outer?

Also to help against hot spots always triple oxidise your wick first to make sure no spots are uncovered.

Carbons help to prevent hot spots. Before you put your mesh on the nextgen, drip some juice on your wick and light it on fire. Hold your wick till the fire goes out. Repeat thrice and put it on your nextgen and coil it. Hotspots should disappear quickly now.

Welcome to the world of gennies :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denieru82

Jan 21, 2014
Singapore
according to YouTube and other forum, u should not fill it too full of not it will leak through the airhole.. My leak on me too and I blow in the drip tip and the excess came out of the airhole where I place a tissue.. And it was ok after that with no leaking..

I got my own problems too tho.. How come my juice turn dark colour only after a day of new coil and wick.. :( and I do get dry hits~

Denieru82

Jan 21, 2014
Singapore
Am I in the right thread..? Here everyone use ss mesh.. Haha.. Thanks bro for your reply.. My case abit special.. Because my juice got no sugar or I did not add sugar~ only flavour, pg and vg~ I know if juice too much sugar will guck up the coil but my no sugar~ and I am new to ss mesh so wondering if it will guck up slower than cotton.. Because one day and juice turn dark is really fast for juice without adding sweetener..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread