Status
Not open for further replies.

billster88

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2008
canada
www.smokestik.com
Hey gang, I just killed 4 4801 atomizers with the JC starter sample kit. I found that they were hardly outputting any smoke after a few hours..and my batteries seem to be struggling even after a full charge..gonna throw that JC stuff away..not worth losing anymore 4801's over..actually wasn't impressed by the flavour and "hit" it gave either...thought they sent me a set of no nicotine because of the lack of buzz after drawing on it...oh well..hope my batteries are gonna recover..did anyone try washing out the atomizers? ..just curious..

marian00

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2008
California USA
www.vaporcig.com
Second, try blowing on the ecig with everything assembled, through the battery end till ya see vapor coming out mouthpiece

Might I also add that you should first blow out the residue from both ends of the atomizer, wiping clean the threaded side when done blowing; then attach the atomizer back onto the battery without the cartrigde in place. Just the cap. Then blow from the battery end to rid the device of residual e-liquid from both the battery and atomiizer until there is no longer any more smoke.

My sister did all of the above to her Sedansas. Then she put white vinegar in her electric jewely cleaner and gave it thorough cleaning. She was able to get all of her Sedansa atomizers to work again, but the copius vapor is a thing of the past largely in part because i believe the batteries have been damaged and is not capable of producing the same voltage output that the once had.

Last edited:

marian00

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2008
California USA
www.vaporcig.com
Hey gang, I just killed 4 4801 atomizers with the JC starter sample kit. I found that they were hardly outputting any smoke after a few hours..and my batteries seem to be struggling even after a full charge..gonna throw that JC stuff away..not worth losing anymore 4801's over..actually wasn't impressed by the flavour and "hit" it gave either...thought they sent me a set of no nicotine because of the lack of buzz after drawing on it...oh well..hope my batteries are gonna recover..did anyone try washing out the atomizers? ..just curious..

My sentiments exactly, especially about the lack of the kick in the nic. I, too, thought my bottle was zero instead of high. Never really got a good hit from any of the bottles I purchased, but when I told Christian about this, he said that he has to go with what the majority of the people prefer, and that is a smooth vaping experience over the nic hit.

Yes, my sister tried washing the atomizers and blow-drying them. You can read my post above for more details . . .

Last edited:

marian00

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2008
California USA
www.vaporcig.com
Marian, have you checked your batteries with other atomizers? I haven't noticed any harm to my batteries, and in fact in my video I am demonstrating that the loss in performance is due to the atomizer by swapping the same battery onto a different atomizer.

Hi Leaford:

I check the battery by sucking on the threaded in. If it doesn't light up, even though fully charged, there's no hope. Also, on Sedansa batteries, they have a switch built into them to automatically turn off when not in use, sort of like the Janty concept of the manual and auto switches. So perhaps the switch has been damaged.

Also, besides my DSE 901 battery from PureSmoker dying on me last night, my two Sedansa long-life mini batteries are shot too. But that might be my fault, because I may have plugged them into the wrong charger.

I really wasn't payiing attention when I plugged and unplugged after the charge was complete, so I don't know if they died because of me or because of the JC Juice, or maybe even a little of both. You can only use the Sedansa special charger with Sedansa batteries. You cannot interchange with another charger, even if it fits. So I figure there is a possibility that ou shouldn't interchange tje Sedamsa batteries with X-Brand atomizers either, which I do refrain from doing.

I understand from one of the members here that Christian was online for two hours today. Did he make a response anywhere that you know of?

I was out most of the day so I did not know you made a video. Can you direct me, please?

Last edited:

strungmind

Sep 5, 2008
Nazareth - I was actually waiting to dry the double coffee filter thing, but I'm waiting until I get a cheaper e-cigarette before I dare mess around with this stuff before.

Leaford - Good job on the review! I wish I could donate some money to the cause, your doing us a huge favor by doing a documented test, something maybe even JC SJ can use. Unfortunately, my basement flooded this morning, and now I'm REALLY strapped for cash. Can't wait to see the newest developments!

strungmind

Sep 5, 2008
Whew I was about to buy this crap lol but then Jane's only got raves!

I wouldn't necessarily rule JC as "crap" yet. There definately does seem to be some kind of issue, but what exactly what it is we have yet to figure out, and I hope as more people come forward with their experiences as well along with some feedback from JC, we will get closer to knowing what exactly is causing the problem. As you can see from just a couple of post before this one, the one from jpc, some people are actually not having problems. Just be very cautious if you are going to attempt to use this stuff, if you have only one e-cig, then be aware to the fact that you may have to wait for your replacement to come in.

And jpc, it's very good to hear some good news for once!

jpc815

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2008
Tennessee, United States
Thanks! And I am being cautious, I didn't use but one of my mini's! I didn't want to be without! I will probably just keep using the JC with the same one until I am sure it will be safe! I had already ordered the sample pack when the problems started, so I was a bit leary of trying it--but so far so good. I am using the new non PG type in the mini. That could be the difference. The older bottle I had is what I am using in the NJOY and I have been using it for over a month. I do not drip, just top off carts if that helps any.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
could it just be a little too thick in its consistency.. i have some thicker than normal e cig flue cured stuff here at the moment thats causing problems..

i have had to blow several atomizers out with my air compressor set at 20 psi.. they get hard to suck and the vapour drops off just like whats being described here..

however hard i stretch my imagination i cant see how any liquid could kill batteries.. it shouldnt get anywhere near them.. assuming the contacts are kept clean and such..

the guy selling it has my sympathies.. i dont thnk i would dare do it.. its far to fraught with dangers..

trog

however hard i stretch my imagination i cant see how any liquid could kill batteries.. it shouldnt get anywhere near them.. assuming the contacts are kept clean and such..trog

I couldn't tell you if my batts were dead or not. My atomizers didn't work after JC's and I really didn't get a chance to test them. But I can show you what it did to the battery casing. Liquid leaked from the atomizer to the battery casing. I thought I had kept my stuff clean. Here is the end result. It fell apart out of the charger and there was oily residue all over it.

badbatt.jpg

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
could it just be a little too thick in its consistency.. i have some thicker than normal e cig flue cured stuff here at the moment thats causing problems..
trog
well , the jc juice that i have here is alot thinner than the e-cig juice i've been using problem free the last three weeks.But i havent used my JC juice neat ( I daren't ) i only use it to add a little flavour to standard carts and reg liquid.

I heard that it's not the Base that clogs atomizers but the flavourings as there're vapourised and leave residue.But i'm no expert...

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
trying to apply a little bit of knowledge to a problem often get me into trouble here.. he he

u have a dead battery karen.. its fell apart.. it has some fluid inside it.. i doubt this can be blamed on the JC fluid unless its highly corrosive.. eeeek..

the brass end pieces with the threads on are a tight push fit only.. some aint tight enough and fall out.. some fluid inside is normal..

i wonder if a blast with my airline would clear the atomizers out.. i bet it would.. the aount of thick brownish gunge that comes out of mine after a few days use when 20 psi is blasted thru that little hole in the battery end is impressive..

this thread does have some of the attributes of a scare story thow.. lets hope no JC user gets any health problems.. he he he

trog

That was a nearly new battery, trog. There was oil residue, I saved it. And I can understand how you find it hard to fathom because you are not there to see or hold it. Nor have you used or experienced JC's smoke juice. It is far from being thick in consistency. It's thin, almost baby oil in consistency. As far as being corrosive, you could very well have a point. You may want to check knutselpeter's finding on the JC's. I don't have a link on this computer, but hopefully someone else does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread