Watch this SPACE! Something coming soon before Midnight...HERE NOW! Brand NEW 14500 ROBUST & ROBUST-A VV 3.0-6.0 ALL COLORS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
Looking at the pics of these (I dont own one) the Cuts in the top cap, do not actually function. In other words, the cut does not extend into the cavity of the 510 connection. Its more or less asthetics.
I would simply take a dremel tool with a cutoff wheel and "slice" the imitation "slots" a bit deeper if you will, to make them fully functioning.
Only two slits would be required, and it would be simple to do.

I'm going to pick one of these up soon, and that's exactly what I'm going to do..

Or, you could always use a 510 to 510 adaptor:2cool:

Last edited:

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
I'm having trouble with no airflow with my tanks. My spitfires work great but the vent hole is around the ring and not the threads. Is there anything I can do to fix this ? I do really like these I ordered a 2nd one but would like to know if there is a trick to fixing the air flow with other tanks.
I had the square models first and had no trouble at all with any of the tanks I used on them. The SRT's have the holes in the threads, and I've used Novas both regular and mini's with no trouble at all.
Then I got a round model.... What the difference is I have no idea.
thumb_unsure3-1.gif
I put a new SRT on it and no air flow. So I used an adapter (510-ego) and it worked beautiful. I then removed the adapter and used the very same srt and tried it again. It worked beautiful without the adapter this time. Did the adapter move the post into a correct position or something ?
spamafaute.gif
I have no idea. But I do know that it works fine ever since with anything I put on it. I know that doesn't help you much right ? :unsure:

I did order some of these View attachment 167226 they are called Tank AirFlow Adapters. Posta let you adjust the airflow to your liking. 510 threaded and ya place it under your tank. I thought they'd be handy to have, not even thinking of this robust situation you're talking about but when I get them (thursday delivery) I'll try one and let you know how it works :) (GV has a similar air flow item for ego batts, this one is a 510 for the larger tanks, I found it elsewhere :unsure:) If they work well maybe Danno can get some in :)

Last edited:

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
I like KraKsX, Kraks, or KKX better

It's good, but I need another battery for it, one doesn't last me all day
I didn't mean its :( I typed too fast Kraks. Dats what I meant ta type reallys :unsure: I don't like the last one ya did there (KKX) when I read it fast it looks like sumptin else to me :blush: I'll stick to Kraks :D

Kim Gal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Ohio
I ordered 2 square, I like to lay them down and know there not going to roll away on me ;) .... I have a reg nova and mini and get very very little air flow... I have not tried an adapter and really hoped there was a fix without it .... I can unscrew my nova tank untill it is almost completely unthreaded from the unit and then get air flow... I have looked down into the threading on the robust and dont see any air holes .... i believe thats the problem... once there threaded on the unit the threads seal so tight there is nothing to let air pass through.... hmmmm monkey momma this air flow adapter looks interesting never seen anything like it... Let me know if that works for you and we can poke danno to carry them....
I had the square models first and had no trouble at all with any of the tanks I used on them. The SRT's have the holes in the threads, and I've used Novas both regular and mini's with no trouble at all.
Then I got a round model.... What the difference is I have no idea.
thumb_unsure3-1.gif
I put a new SRT on it and no air flow. So I used an adapter (510-ego) and it worked beautiful. I then removed the adapter and used the very same srt and tried it again. It worked beautiful without the adapter this time. Did the adapter move the post into a correct position or something ?
spamafaute.gif
I have no idea. But I do know that it works fine ever since with anything I put on it. I know that doesn't help you much right ? :unsure:

I did order some of these View attachment 167226 they are called Tank AirFlow Adapters. Posta let you adjust the airflow to your liking. 510 threaded and ya place it under your tank. I thought they'd be handy to have, not even thinking of this robust situation you're talking about but when I get them (thursday delivery) I'll try one and let you know how it works :) (GV has a similar air flow item for ego batts, this one is a 510 for the larger tanks, I found it elsewhere :unsure:) If they work well maybe Danno can get some in :)

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
Camo on the way to my nest!
encore-smiley.gif
YAY Hootys !! :D Congrats on da Camo Baby !

Now...down ta business :laugh: I rec'd those tank adapters today that I was talking abouts. They DO in fact werk very well and are not really high profile either. Here's some pics for ya'll :) I do believe I have ta bug Danno into getting these lil gadgets :D

AirFlow.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread